Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended (12091 Views)

Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / Burkina Faso Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 - (3 - 2) On Pens On 6th Feb 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by ambrosini593(m): 8:45am On Feb 07, 2013
Tunisian referee Slim Jdidi has been suspended for his controversial handling of the Africa Cup of Nations semi-final between Ghana and Burkina Faso, the organisers said Thursday.

"We would have expected a better standard," Confederation of African Football (CAF) secretary-general Hicham El Amrani told a media conference just hours after Burkina Faso lodged an official appeal against key player Jonathan Pitroipa's red card in the semi-final win over Ghana on Wednesday.

"There is a meeting tomorrow (Friday) to discuss the Pitroipa incident," El Amrani told reporters.

The official said Pitroipa's chances of playing in the final depend on the match report sent in by Jdidi.

"The organising committee does not have the power to change the referee's decision unless the referee admits he made a mistake in his official report," said El Amrani.

As it stands, Pitroipa will miss Sunday's Cup of Nations final against Nigeria in Soweto after picking up two yellow cards in the stunning penalty shoot-out success over the Black Stars.

Pitroipa, who has scored twice in the tournament, was sent off three minutes from the end of extra time on Wednesday for diving when, in fact, he had clearly been knocked to the ground after tangling with an opponent.

Team manager Gualbert Kabore, speaking at the team hotel in north-eastern city Nelspruit, told AFP: "The Burkina Faso Football Federation wrote an offical letter of appeal to CAF (competition organisers).

"We lodged it in the two hours after the match as stipulated by the regulations.

"We think we have a good chance of winning the appeal."

Kabore, a distant relation to another key Burkinabe player, midfielder and vice-captain Charles Kabore, echoed coach Paul Put's dim view of Jdidi's decision-making during the match.

Chief among the Tunisian's perceived errors in the Burkina Faso camp were the rejection of a legitimate penalty claim, a disallowed goal that appeared to be valid, and Pitroipa's sending off.

"There were some scandalous decisions, we don't know why, we're asking lots of questions, there are lots of theories," said Kabore.

"Curiously, the players reacted better than us (the team management). They said if the referee is against us that must mean we are the stronger side."

Burkina Faso are hoping to hear later Thursday whether their appeal has been successful.

The Stallions are already having to do without the services of top scorer Alain Traore.

He was leading the scoring charts in South Africa with three goals only for his Nations Cup to end prematurely when he sustained an injury against Zambia in the final first-round game.

http://tensport.com.au/news/newsarticles/Football-Ref-suspended-B.-Faso-appeal-Pitroipa-red-card.htm

To me the decision cannot be rescinded because there were two yellow cards so they have to forget it
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by madridsta007(m): 4:42pm On Feb 07, 2013
Wont work. Reason? 2 Yellow cards.

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by Lilnikee(m): 4:43pm On Feb 07, 2013
With or Without Him Naija all the way!!!

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by ayGodsdelight(m): 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2013
They had better not overlook the red card.... nigeria got a red card that wasn't worth it against them.... First to comment sha
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by Ganys: 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2013
Ha!!! No WaY!!!!! That guy badt gaaaaaan
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by donpetros: 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2013
CAF should over look the referee's decision an allow pitroipa play. Super Eagles needs a player like that to make the match more interesting otherwise it will only be bance
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by pek(m): 4:52pm On Feb 07, 2013
It's a pity. But the rule says you cant appeal a yellow card. There is always a first time though!
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by Akshow: 4:59pm On Feb 07, 2013
And one wonder why African referees are not recognized on a global stage. Smh. With this monkey post officiating who will take them serious?

2 Likes

Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by tomsongz(m): 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2013
Even if keshi decides 2 use his 2nd choice(apart 4rm yobo), naija go win
SENT Via BLACKBERRY 10

2 Likes

Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by pendusky(m): 5:03pm On Feb 07, 2013
Thatz gud...the ref was a Ghananian blood...

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by abifoluwa: 5:12pm On Feb 07, 2013
ayGodsdelight: They had better not overlook the red card.... nigeria got a red card that wasn't worth it against them.... First to comment sha
first u no carry, second gan u no carry, u kan dey form familiarity. Ye ma form familiarity Jo grin
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by Basic(m): 5:13pm On Feb 07, 2013
I think this is the time for us to know how sensible CAF is. It would be stu.pid of them not to overrule the card and allow Pitroipa play.
If the guy's not allowed to play and we beat them in the final, they'll say it's due to Pitroipa's absence. I wish CAF allow him play so that they won't cry foul in any way.
With 5 Pitroipas, we'll beat them. I trust Oboabona and Omeruo. And I trust Africa's best GK (you know him now...)
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by Chanchit: 5:18pm On Feb 07, 2013
I hope they succeed with the appeal.
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by chrisdoller(m): 5:24pm On Feb 07, 2013
Basic: I think this is the time for us to know how sensible CAF is. It would be stu.pid of them not to overrule the card and allow Pitroipa play.
If the guy's not allowed to play and we beat them in the final, they'll say it's due to Pitroipa's absence. I wish CAF allow him play so that they won't cry foul in any way.
With 5 Pitroipas, we'll beat them. I trust Oboabona and Omeruo. And I trust Africa's best GK (you know him now...)
[color=#990000][/color]ok
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by Toyolad(m): 5:29pm On Feb 07, 2013
With or without him,d eagles shal fly all d way,drogba,yaya,eboue,kolo nd gervinho were dere wen we trashd civ,seydou keita was dere wen we beat mali.petriota abi wetin no fit threaten us.naija all da way.

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by slimming: 5:32pm On Feb 07, 2013
Great
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 07, 2013
That yellow card should be cancel. Case closed!
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by andyanders: 5:47pm On Feb 07, 2013
The referee is a complete maggot and is not supposed to even officiate any match played by even animals like rats.
He should be given a life time suspension.
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by imperiouxx(m): 5:51pm On Feb 07, 2013
I know this still going to be the outcome. Most AFCON referees need to get their brains checked. Don't be surprise if that player is later cleared to play Nigeria.... Still na flogging for all African countries insulting Super Eagles and making mess of Nigeria for the past 13 years. No pardon for any African team angry
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by Desdola(m): 5:59pm On Feb 07, 2013
He should be allowed to play but with the level of things our defence is coordinated to curtail their attack. God truly proved d ref wrong yesterday after all d injustice. Its gonna be a re-match between Nigeria and Burkina faso. But my heart is settled with my darling Nigeria.
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by Dfrenzy(m): 6:26pm On Feb 07, 2013
Burkina faso is a team with serious team play and determination. They have the never say die africa spirit. I mean, before the competition, who would have thought they would even have gone beyond the group stages. And just like the Super Eagles, they are improving with every game. With or without the player, i see them having a good game against Nigeria.
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by klasys(m): 6:28pm On Feb 07, 2013
most of African refrees are good flaw
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by imperiouxx(m): 6:30pm On Feb 07, 2013
Dfrenzy: Burkina faso is a team with serious team play and determination. They have the never say die africa spirit. I mean, before the competition, who would have thought they would even have gone beyond the group stages. And just like the Super Eagles, they are improving with every game. With or without the player, i see them having a good game against Nigeria.

Endurance.... YES they got wella and that's if the match is allowed to reach where individual endurance comes in. Super eagles should avoid such. Well, we've learn some lesson when the first match we played them.
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by question(m): 6:35pm On Feb 07, 2013
Did ghana bribe the tunisian ref?
Or was he just being partial for no reason.
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by vandarsar(m): 6:43pm On Feb 07, 2013
Great player Jonathan. Deserves to play in the final. The refs we have this days are the one doping not the player
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by seyi42k(m): 6:43pm On Feb 07, 2013
Don't mind CAF. They probably masterminded it. Think about it for once, which is a bigger final Ghana vs Nigeria or Burkina Faso vs Nigeria. Remember that Referee in Ghana-Nigeria 2000 or the ones that cheated us especially against Cameroon. What happened to them afterwards? Nothing.

CAF probably wanted Ghana in the Final to create a bigger spectacle and also cheat Nigeria by giving the cup to Ghana. Think about it for a moment, we are the largest market in Africa, yet we refused to pay a 'paltry' $4.5m. They will not be happy as we are going to collect prize money without having contributed any. If Ghana had qualified for the final, they would have won it, not because they will play better, but because CAF will want to 'deal' with us for not coughing up money.

Let me say that Nigeria is in for a rude shock in the Finals. Don't be surprised if CAF engineers the match for Burkina Faso, then later suspends the referee by which time the deed will have been done. They almost succeeded in eliminating Burkina Faso, Nigeria should therefore be very careful.

9 Likes

Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by TableLeg(m): 6:46pm On Feb 07, 2013
donpetros: CAF should over look the referee's decision an allow pitroipa play. Super Eagles needs a player like that to make the match more interesting otherwise it will only be bance
GBAM!

Pitroipa should play on Sunday ... He doesnt deserve to be sent off at all!
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by lordkpakpando: 7:05pm On Feb 07, 2013
They should suspend that idiotic fool ref INDEFINITELY
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by Abrantie: 7:14pm On Feb 07, 2013
seyi42k: Don't mind CAF. They probably masterminded it. Think about it for once, which is a bigger final Ghana vs Nigeria or Burkina Faso vs Nigeria. Remember that Referee in Ghana-Nigeria 2000 or the ones that cheated us especially against Cameroon. What happened to them afterwards? Nothing.

CAF probably wanted Ghana in the Final to create a bigger spectacle and also cheat Nigeria by giving the cup to Ghana. Think about it for a moment, we are the largest market in Africa, yet we refused to pay a 'paltry' $4.5m. They will not be happy as we are going to collect prize money without having contributed any. If Ghana had qualified for the final, they would have won it, not because they will play better, but because CAF will want to 'deal' with us for not coughing up money.

Let me say that Nigeria is in for a rude shock in the Finals. Don't be surprised if CAF engineers the match for Burkina Faso, then later suspends the referee by which time the deed will have been done. They almost succeeded in eliminating Burkina Faso, Nigeria should therefore be very careful.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH... OH SHUT UP! YOU NIGERIANS AND YOUR CONSPIRACY THEORIES, ALWAYS THINKING EVERYBODY IS OUT TO GET YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE THE "GIANT OF AFRICA"?

IF CAF REALLY WANTED GHANA TO WIN IN THE MATCH WITH BOKO NA FASO, THERE WERE QUITE A FEW GENUINE FOULS AGAINST GHANA INSIDE THE BOKO BOX THE REF COULD HAVE CALLED EARLIER IN THE GAME. EVEN THE EQUALIZER CAME SECONDS AFTER HE OVERLOOKED A BLATANT FOUL COMMITTED AGAINST GHANA.

THE REF WAS SIMPLY INCOMPETENT!
Re: Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended by Reggie2(m): 7:24pm On Feb 07, 2013
When Maradona was caught "dopping" after the game between Nigeria and Agentina's US olympics, the result remained the same.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ajoke Odumosu Places Last In Women's 400M Hurdles / Nigeria Vs New Zealand: FIFA Women's WC Quarter Final (4 - 1) Full Time! / Tokyo Paralympics 2020: Nigeria Gets Second Gold Medal In Powerlifting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.