Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Man Killed Over Lover In Kano - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Killed Over Lover In Kano (593 Views)

Man Murders Ex-girlfriend And Her Lover In Benue / Man Attacks Rival With Razor Over Lover / Student Killed Over ‘girlfriend With 6 Boyfriends’ - (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Killed Over Lover In Kano by spywareczar(m): 10:32am On Feb 07, 2013
A 23-year-old man was killed on Tuesday night at Yamadawa quarters of Kano State, Daily Trust gathered. Aminu Yusuf, a younger brotherto the deceased, said his brother was attacked by thugs allegedly sent by his rival, over a girl they were both dating.
Aminu said the incident occurred around 10:30pm, shortly after the deceased returned home.
“When we came back, I left him outside and entered the house. After some minutes, I hearda scream, and I rushed out only to meet him severely injured with three people on him holding dangerous weapons. He told me that they snatched his mobile phone and took awayall his money. Realizing that I could not face them alone, I shouted for help, and they ran away,” Aminu said.
He added that one of his neighbours pursued the attackers, and they arrested one of them, Jibrin Hamza, and handed him to the police.
“The apprehended suspect was the one who told us that they were sent by one Nasiru, a friend to one man, who is dating the same girl Jamilu was dating. The man warned Jamilu on several occasions to stop seeing the girl or he will eliminate him,” the deceased’s brother added.
When contacted, Kano State Police Command spokesman, Magaji Musa Majia, confirmed the incident. He said the deceased, Jamilu Idris, and the suspects had a misunderstanding after a business transaction as the result of which the suspect used a knife and stabbed the victim. He added that the victim sustained various degrees of injuries, and was later confirmed dead by a doctor.
Majia added that one man was arrested at the scene of the crime by members of the community, who handed him over to the police.
“A knife was found in his possession and he confirmed to the police that he used the weapon in perpetrating the crime. The suspect is in custody and we are still pursuing the other2 suspects who are now at large,” Majia said.

(1) (Reply)

Bad Dream: A Guy Argued With A Police Man And Was Shot / Physically Challenged Son Kidnapsmother;demands N20 Million Ransom. / Nigerian Policemen Slapped Ushers At Winners Chapel Church In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.