Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," (1400 Views)

It’s A Sin For Muslims To Vote Non- Muslims –islamic Cleric / What Benefits Has Islam Brought To Nigeria? (muslims only, please) / Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by beejaay: 10:55am On Feb 07, 2013
i am not a fan of religious forum but was a bit taken back when i saw the cation "A forum for Muslims to share their faith. Muslims only please, even the moderators are Muslims". are we muslims scared to have our faith challenged? are we scared of what non-muslims will ask and say about us? are we not promoting segregations among Allah's creations??
if we keep this forum open for only muslims, how are people looking for answers going to get since they cant come on this forum. i think the MODs should think about this and realize they are not doing justice to Islam. Christain forum is mixed with everyone and there faith are being challenged and re-solidifies

just my own observation

Salam

1 Like

Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by maclatunji: 10:59am On Feb 07, 2013
beejaay: i am not a fan of religious forum but was a bit taken back when i saw the cation "A forum for Muslims to share their faith. Muslims only please, even the moderators are Muslims". are we muslims scared to have our faith challenged? are we scared of what non-muslims will ask and say about us? are we not promoting segregations among Allah's creations??
if we keep this forum open for only muslims, how are people looking for answers going to get since they cant come on this forum. i think the MODs should think about this and realize they are not doing justice to Islam. Christain forum is mixed with everyone and there faith are being challenged and re-solidifies

just my own observation

Salam

Wa Alaykum Salam, my guy, save this lecture for Seun the owner. Muslims did not put that notice there.
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by beejaay: 11:06am On Feb 07, 2013
maclatunji:

Wa Alaykum Salam, my guy, save this lecture for Seun the owner. Muslims did not put that notice there.

since you are MOD here,and am sure u are true umma dont you think it will be better if you try discussing it with seun to make Islamic threads also open and transparent
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by maclatunji: 11:53am On Feb 07, 2013
beejaay:

since you are MOD here,and am sure u are true umma dont you think it will be better if you try discussing it with seun to make Islamic threads also open and transparent

Could you define transparent? There are threads from this section on front page. How much more transparent can they get?
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by beejaay: 12:06pm On Feb 07, 2013
by censoring what people with threat has already taken out transparency. people wont put up what they think/feel the same way its in their mind and this would av defeated what they were trying to pass across.

1 Like

Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by justaqad(m): 12:11pm On Feb 07, 2013
maclatunji:

Could you define transparent? There are threads from this section on front page. How much more transparent can they get?

not surprised
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by maclatunji: 12:14pm On Feb 07, 2013
beejaay: by censoring what people with threat has already taken out transparency. people wont put up what they think/feel the same way its in their mind and this would av defeated what they were trying to pass across.

Trust me, it is not a big problem. Apart from that warning, there is the 2nd one you have not mentioned: To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam. That warning may put a few people off but it has not prevented trolls and other uncouth posters from posting and getting banned by me.

I understand what you are trying to say, but those who are insightful will know that we can have civil discussions without people being sanctioned even with all of these warnings.
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by justaqad(m): 12:14pm On Feb 07, 2013
beejaay: i am not a fan of religious forum but was a bit taken back when i saw the cation "A forum for Muslims to share their faith. Muslims only please, even the moderators are Muslims". are we muslims scared to have our faith challenged? are we scared of what non-muslims will ask and say about us? are we not promoting segregations among Allah's creations??

just my own observation

Salam

good notice.
islam is open to criticism thats the beauty of our deen.
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by justaqad(m): 12:15pm On Feb 07, 2013
maclatunji:

Trust me, it is not a big problem. Apart from that warning, there is the 2nd one you have not mentioned: To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam. That warning may put a few people off but it has not prevented trolls and other uncouth posters from posting and getting banned by me.

I understand what you are trying to say, but those who are insightful will know that we can have civil discussions without people being sanctioned even with all of these warnings.

its not supposed to be there in the first place.
you dont threaten them.
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by maclatunji: 12:44pm On Feb 07, 2013
justaqad:

its not supposed to be there in the first place.
you dont threaten them.

LOL, I didn't put it there.
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by justaqad(m): 12:50pm On Feb 07, 2013
maclatunji:

LOL, I didn't put it there.

noted.
but you are the Mod,you can take it off if you wish..

1 Like

Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by beejaay: 1:41pm On Feb 07, 2013
justaqad:

good notice.
it should be removed i suggest.

Islam to open to everyone including critics (atleast its the only way they can have a doubtful mind which may eventually germinate)
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by beejaay: 1:41pm On Feb 07, 2013
justaqad:

good notice.

Islam is open to everyone including critics (atleast its the only way they can have a doubtful mind which may eventually germinate)
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by maclatunji: 1:45pm On Feb 07, 2013
beejaay:

Islam to open to everyone including critics (atleast its the only way they can have a doubtful mind which may eventually germinate)

Critics come here everyday and bear their minds, there is a difference between critics and trolls. Don't confuse one for the other. Like I always tell people, talk to Seun if that is what you want. By the way, you are only two people... #LOL
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by justaqad(m): 2:24pm On Feb 07, 2013
maclatunji:

Critics come here everyday and bear their minds, there is a difference between critics and trolls. Don't confuse one for the other. Like I always tell people, talk to Seun if that is what you want. By the way, you are only two people... #LOL

do you want a poll or something?
lol
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by maclatunji: 2:44pm On Feb 07, 2013
justaqad:

do you want a poll or something?
lol

Wharever
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by justaqad(m): 3:01pm On Feb 07, 2013
maclatunji:

Wharever

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by BetaThings: 4:26pm On Feb 07, 2013

just my own observation

Salam

Muslims want to be left alone to discuss beneficial knowledge. Afteral
“The religion is sincerity, the religion is sincerity, the religion is sincerity.” They said, “To who O Messenger of Allaah (PBUH)?” He (PBUH) said, “To Allaah, and His Book, and His Messenger (PBUH), and the Imaams (leaders) of the Muslims, and their common folk.” (Muslim)

beejaay:
can u also see you are silly how did u know Muhammad was a prophet, were u there?? how did u know Jesus was a messenger (ohh because your Quran said so), grow up and respect individual way of reasoning and conviction.how are u even sure u are real and existing (can u prove it??)

beejaay:
can you just imagine how people think? by subjecting people to laws that they have know say as to when and how its being unleashed is an injustice to freedom of choice of people. the shariah law is one form of Monarch mind control game. am a Muslim myself or maybe a theist and i will continue to be (am a muslim because of the definition of the world Islam which means TO SURRENDER TO ALL THAT IT IS. i surrender to death, i surrender to sickeness and sound health whichever comes, i surrender to life, i surrender to consequences of all my actions, i surrender to all things that i have directly or indirectly put on myself). I dont believe in obligation and i dont believe some people are messenger of God and others like me are not. I dont believe in Praying all the time as a form of obligation( i pray whenever i feel like praying and whenever i feel i need to be calm or maybe i should call it a form of meditation that involve recitations), i dont believe in Zakat being obligation but i believe in free-giving (zakat was created to fund the center during the beginning of Islamic era). I dont believe in Pilgrimage to mecca as an obligation ( i only see it as a tourism to marvel at the creation of the great intellect, something i will do to all other places with equal right), I believe in Prophet Muhammed to be a prophet cos am also a prophet (even though what we preach and deliver might be different but i know a message is a message). the great Intellect (otherwise known as GOD) created us equally and no one is above the other and no one should suppress what others want/wantnot (Love is Love when is freely giving and turn to hate when its forcefully asked. if God want me to Love Him he will surely want me to discover it on my own term and not ask someone to force to love me)

May Allah give you guidance
Of course "Ihdina s-sirata l-mustaqim"
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by beejaay: 8:33pm On Feb 07, 2013
BetaThings:

“The religion is sincerity, the religion is sincerity, the religion is sincerity.” They said, “To who O Messenger of Allaah (PBUH)?” He (PBUH) said, “To Allaah, and His Book, and His Messenger (PBUH), and the Imaams (leaders) of the Muslims, and their common folk.” (Muslim)

May Allah give you guidance
Of course "Ihdina s-sirata l-mustaqim"
this is where u get it wrong qouting my post. if you dont agree with what i posted and you wanna guide, dont you think it should be open to everyone so that different views can be entertained perhaps i might be wrong in ur view or better still give you a new way of viewing things
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by maclatunji: 11:25pm On Feb 07, 2013
beejaay: this is where u get it wrong qouting my post. if you dont agree with what i posted and you wanna guide, dont you think it should be open to everyone so that different views can be entertained perhaps i might be wrong in ur view or better still give you a new way of viewing things

To be honest with you, it makes little sense for Muslims to be talking about Salat or Zakat for example and some funny individual posts, "All Muslims are terrorists", "religious bigots" "Bloodsuckers" and so on.

I suggest you lay low for a while and observe trends. You will see that debates with Non-Muslims happen here. Only trolls get sanctioned.
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 07, 2013
beejaay: this is where u get it wrong qouting my post. if you dont agree with what i posted and you wanna guide, dont you think it should be open to everyone so that different views can be entertained perhaps i might be wrong in ur view or better still give you a new way of viewing things

The owner of this site was the one that put a seperate section in place for Muslims. You should contact him if you have a problem with the section.
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 07, 2013
اللهم حمايتنا ضد الكفر

hmm.

na wa
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by BetaThings: 8:56am On Feb 08, 2013
If you feel concerned that muslims seem to "fear having our faith challenged" don't you think that you too might also appear to "fear having your posts quoted" to give a background to your view points

Muslim will always have our faith challenged. That is not the problem
Muslims disagree on certain issues - That is not the problem. Shayk Uthaymeen has book on that subject "Difference of Opinion Amongst Scholars"
Muslim however DON'T disagree on some fundamentals - oneness of Allah, Salat, Zakak, Ramadan fasting, Need to submit totally to Allah and His messenger (PBUH)
Enter Islam completely = Qur'an 2 : 208

The problem is those who derail thread by abusing Allah and His Messenger (PBUH). We are not allowed to sit and discuss with those. It is religious
But when someone abuses my parent, I stop discussing with the person. This is religious matter too. We are forbidden from allowing people to abuse our parents

Anyone can call me a fo.ol, eed.iot, stu.pid. It does not matter. Discussion continues
People are allowed to query some Islamic beliefs, but some issues are off limits

There is nowhere where there is absolute freedom of speech
Anyone who says "Death to America" is marked
Anyone who challenges the authenticity of the holocaust in Europe goes to jail
CAN has told us that they will stop restraining Christian youths from resorting to violence if El Rufai does not stop abusing Jesus
Christians who moderate the main Religious Board on NL also threaten to ban people who post insulting statements

So I DON'T believe that that warning should be removed. Seun should be supported
We should post civilly, objectively, and with empathy. That is not too much to ask
BTW Non-muslims who want to preach (to Muslims) tolerance of opposing viewpoints should DEMONSTRATE tolerance in their reaction to posts
I can criticise Christianity, philosophy, atheism etc without being offensive

2 Likes

Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by Samdul: 2:31pm On Feb 08, 2013
ol u advocating 4 a name change 4 dis section,i guess u guys are muslims right?y have u nt contributed in any way 2 enlighten ppls misconceptn abt islam,at least u can start 4rm dia.
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by BetaThings: 6:44pm On Feb 08, 2013
Samdul: ol u advocating 4 a name change 4 dis section,i guess u guys are muslims right?y have u nt contributed in any way 2 enlighten ppls misconceptn abt islam,at least u can start 4rm dia.

You seriously believe that everyone calling himself a Muslim on NL is one?
It is a new and growing strategy of the enemies of Islam to say "I am muslim" and then launch broadsides against Islam
Those attacks are potentially more effective because bystanders who are not aware of their intrigue and agenda are led to believe that some muslims are also concerned about some issues raised by non-muslims and are "courageous and truth-loving" enough to challenge fellow muslims
Reality is that the most inveterate haters of Islam are simply evolving new strategies to stick a knife into the religion
Multiple IDs on NLs are a dime a dozen
But there are usually tell-tale signs
They are as objective and sincere in their comments as Slim Jiddi who was the centre referee in the match between Ghana and Burkina Faso
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by beejaay: 7:55pm On Feb 08, 2013
BetaThings:
If you feel concerned that muslims seem to "fear having our faith challenged" don't you think that you too might also appear to "fear having your posts quoted" to give a background to your view points

Muslim will always have our faith challenged. That is not the problem
Muslims disagree on certain issues - That is not the problem. Shayk Uthaymeen has book on that subject "Difference of Opinion Amongst Scholars"
Muslim however DON'T disagree on some fundamentals - oneness of Allah, Salat, Zakak, Ramadan fasting, Need to submit totally to Allah and His messenger (PBUH)
Enter Islam completely = Qur'an 2 : 208

The problem is those who derail thread by abusing Allah and His Messenger (PBUH). We are not allowed to sit and discuss with those *** but you are allowed to keep them off in their ignorance? isnt that why word tolerance exist? i have heard that the best way to convert people is our behaviours/attitude which am sure tolerance is part of. It is religious
But when someone abuses my parent, I stop discussing with the person. This is religious matter too. We are forbidden from allowing people to abuse our parents *** can you please show where in the Quran where it says we should suppress people freedom of speech cos the prohet or our parents is abused (the highest we could do is walk away)

Anyone can call me a fo.ol, eed.iot, stu.pid **we all need to read the Quran ourselves and stop viewing GOD with anthropomorphic traits. It does not matter. Discussion continues
People are allowed to query some Islamic beliefs, but some issues are off limits

There is nowhere where there is absolute freedom of speech *** surely you didnt read your Quran very well you would av understood it is stated clearly in the Holy book Fortress33 Verse 72 (we offered trust to the heaven, earth and mountains and they refused to bear it for they feared it;man bore it. man was unjust to himself and ignorant of its result)
Anyone who says "Death to America" is marked
Anyone who challenges the authenticity of the holocaust in Europe goes to jail
CAN has told us that they will stop restraining Christian youths from resorting to violence if El Rufai does not stop abusing Jesus
Christians who moderate the main Religious Board on NL also threaten to ban people who post insulting statements

So I DON'T believe that that warning should be removed. Seun should be supported
We should post civilly, objectively, and with empathy. That is not too much to ask
BTW Non-muslims who want to preach (to Muslims) tolerance of opposing viewpoints should DEMONSTRATE tolerance in their reaction to posts
I can criticise Christianity, philosophy, atheism etc without being offensive

** who put the limit off disscussion are you now saying you wanna fight for GOD cos someone talk ill of the Prophet?? God is more than capable to fighting his own war, we can only air our own view post and guidance and that is the highest we could do.
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by beejaay: 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2013
BetaThings:

There is nowhere where there is absolute freedom of speech
Anyone who says "Death to America" is marked ***are you now equating AMERICA to GOD?? GOD is not human and thus he is free from human emotion****
Anyone who challenges the authenticity of the holocaust in Europe goes to jail *** there you go again

So I DON'T believe that that warning should be removed. Seun should be supported ****if you advocate for this, then the same should be done to other sections also or where is the justice in this (the same justice that Islam preaches). Islam section having this view only SHOW ONE THING CLEARLY for everyone to infer from
I can criticise Christianity, philosophy, atheism etc without being offensive *** dont you think people become offensive beacuse of what they have been fed by the media ( and we are here contributing and strengthening it.
large percentage of people will naturally be abusive when you give them a reason to and the only to correct their notion is to start by being totally transparent
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by beejaay: 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2013
maclatunji:

To be honest with you, it makes little sense for Muslims to be talking about Salat or Zakat for example and some funny individual posts, "All Muslims are terrorists", "religious bigots" "Bloodsuckers" and so on.

I suggest you lay low for a while and observe trends. You will see that debates with Non-Muslims happen here. Only trolls get sanctioned.
i understand what you are saying and am sure you get my message also.

na waka pass i just dey do bros

Salam
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by beejaay: 8:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
Samdul: ol u advocating 4 a name change 4 dis section,i guess u guys are muslims right?y have u nt contributed in any way 2 enlighten ppls misconceptn abt islam,at least u can start 4rm dia.

Brother i do that everyday not only to non-muslims but muslims also mostly offline (i aint that good typing, get tired easily) especially in the area of relation with others (controlling our temprament when dealing with someone not from your faith is super great especially from Islamic angle. the media education about Islam is damn damaging and it takes total transparency and problem acceptance for people to start listening to you not even reasoning with you ooo).

so bros i will try and start posting the little i could down here

thanks for the pushing

Salam
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by beejaay: 8:16pm On Feb 08, 2013
BetaThings:

You seriously believe that everyone calling himself a Muslim on NL is one?
It is a new and growing strategy of the enemies of Islam to say "I am muslim" and then launch broadsides against Islam
Those attacks are potentially more effective because bystanders who are not aware of their intrigue and agenda are led to believe that some muslims are also concerned about some issues raised by non-muslims and are "courageous and truth-loving" enough to challenge fellow muslims
Reality is that the most inveterate haters of Islam are simply evolving new strategies to stick a knife into the religion
Multiple IDs on NLs are a dime a dozen
But there are usually tell-tale signs
They are as objective and sincere in their comments as Slim Jiddi who was the centre referee in the match between Ghana and Burkina Faso
stop being on the defensive side. Islam doesnt need anyone to defend it (dont get it twisted). everyone is a potential muslim if not one already, we should always treat them as such ( when we see people as haters, we automatically close our affectionate side and switch on our defensive/offensive side which is surely not what Islam preach)
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by beejaay: 8:18pm On Feb 08, 2013
BetaThings:

what do you mean?? the last time i check this not a site for DRUZE people or Alawite sect

get real please
Re: Why The Caption "A Forum For Muslims To Share Their Faith. Muslims Only Please," by BetaThings: 8:48pm On Feb 08, 2013
beejaay:
stop being on the defensive side. Islam doesnt need anyone to defend it (dont get it twisted). everyone is a potential muslim if not one already, we should always treat them as such ( when we see people as haters, we automatically close our affectionate side and switch on our defensive/offensive side which is surely not what Islam preach)

I prefer to, as honestly and objectively as possible, defend Islam from people who malign it and misrepresent it
I will not attack other religions with falsehood
I cannot understand how exposing dedicated enemies of Islam who pretend to be Muslims but are using that subterfuge to present Islam in a a very bad light will hurt Islam and stop some people from embracing it
Being double-faced, viciously fabricating damaging lies against other religions or taking up multiple IDs are things that a muslim should not do

Now, you Beejaay, contest and deny the pillars of Islam while calling yourself a Muslim. Is that how to show the affectionate side of Islam? To lure people into a religion by presenting to people as optional matters on which they will have no choice but to accept?
I know what Islam preaches. The key obligations of a muslim (salat, Zakat etc) are MORE IMPORTANT than converting people. There is no way Islam allows us to trade the pillars for "acceptability and affectation"
NOT everybody will become a Muslim.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Catholic Priest's Journey To Islam / 70-year-old Man Marries 15-year-old In Saudi Arabia, Then Complains To Officials / Sakamanje Scholar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.