Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,933 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Corpus Liteum - Cyst - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Corpus Liteum - Cyst (1491 Views)

What Is The Solution To Ovarian Cyst? / Ovarian Cyst / Doctor: Any Help For Ovarian Cyst & Hormonal Imbalace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corpus Liteum - Cyst by gentledove(f): 8:16pm On Mar 10, 2008
Does anybody know anything about Cyst here? i mean liteum corpus? they said it ruptures and creates pains but its not harmful. how true is that?
Re: Corpus Liteum - Cyst by ifyalways(f): 9:52pm On Mar 10, 2008
gentledove:

Does anybody know anything about Cyst here? i mean liteum corpus? they said it ruptures and creates pains but its not harmful. how true is that?
its an endocrine structure involved in the production of progestrone needed during pregnancy and has no functional significance.
its important for establishing and maintaining pregnancy.YES,it is not harmful.
Re: Corpus Liteum - Cyst by gentledove(f): 10:07am On Mar 11, 2008
thanks a million for your reply.
Re: Corpus Liteum - Cyst by Emary(f): 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2008
I think cysts should normally not be as painful as you describe and you need further investigation to determine if you have an existing pelvic infection. some cysts can be dangerous as if the enlarge and rupture it could lead to a medical emergency. sorry! Don't mean to scare you but I must alert you to these possibilities as well.
Re: Corpus Liteum - Cyst by ifyalways(f): 4:44pm On Mar 11, 2008
@gentledove :
Development and structure of corpus liteum :
The corpus luteum develops from an ovarian follicle during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle or estrous cycle, following the release of a secondary oocyte from the follicle during ovulation. The follicle first forms a corpus hemorrhagicum before it becomes a corpus luteum, but the term simply refers to the visible collection of blood left after rupture of the follicle, and has no functional significance. While the oocyte (later the zygote) traverses the Fallopian tube into the uterus, the corpus luteum remains in the ovary.

The corpus luteum is typically very large relative to the size of the ovary; in humans, the size of the structure ranges from under 2 cm to 6 cm in diameter.

When egg is not fertilized/when you arent pregnant :
corpus luteum stops secreting progesterone and decays (after approximately 14 days in humans). It then degenerates into a corpus albicans, which is a mass of fibrous scar tissue.

if a Med doc has seen you and told you that you have no problem,then its Ok.relax dear kiss
Re: Corpus Liteum - Cyst by TOYOSI20(f): 6:43pm On Mar 11, 2008
Emary:

I think cysts should normally not be as painful as you describe and you need further investigation to determine if you have an existing pelvic infection. some cysts can be dangerous as if the enlarge and rupture it could lead to a medical emergency. sorry! Don't mean to scare you but I must alert you to these possibilities as well.

Well said I quite agree.
Re: Corpus Liteum - Cyst by gentledove(f): 8:28am On Mar 12, 2008
You guys are just wonderful. thanks for all ur responses

ciao smiley wink cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Drinking Too Much Water / 'nocturnal Emission For Over A Decaded'--he Needs Your Advise. / What Is The Best Way To Get Rid Of Wall Geckos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.