Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

3 Dead After Ex-cop Vows 'war' On Other Police, Their Families - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 3 Dead After Ex-cop Vows 'war' On Other Police, Their Families (677 Views)

Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families / Merry Xmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families / Us Dad Sues Japan Airlines After Ex-wife Left With Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Dead After Ex-cop Vows 'war' On Other Police, Their Families by Goldie20: 6:19am On Feb 08, 2013
A former Los Angeles cop with military training vowed war against other men in blue Thursday, leaving one officer dead days after he allegedly killed two other people to begin a wave of retribution for being fired, police said.

The focus of the intensive, expansive manhunt is Christopher Jordan Dorner, a 270-pound former Navy lieutenant who has professed his venom against LAPD officers he claimed ruined his life by forcing him out of his dream job.

Dorner blames one retired officer for bungling his appeal to get his job back in an 11-page manifesto, in which he also complained of mistreatment by the LAPD. In that letter -- provided to CNN by an LAPD source -- he vowed to violently target police officers and their families, whoever and wherever they are.

"I will bring unconventional and asymmetrical warfare to those in LAPD uniform whether on or off duty," Dorner wrote.

"I never had the opportunity to have a family of my own, I'm terminating yours."

Authorities believe he followed through on his threats early Thursday by shooting a Riverside, California, police officer and two others. A day earlier, Irvine police named Dorner a suspect in the double slayings Sunday of a woman -- identified by Los Angeles police as the daughter of a retired LAPD officer -- and her fiance.

"My opinion of the suspect is unprintable," said Riverside police Chief Sergio Diaz, hours after one of his officers was killed. "The manifesto, I think, speaks for itself (as) evidence of a depraved and abandoned mind and heart."

The violence, as well as Dorner's background as a police officer and military trained marksman, left police on edge around Southern California.

In Torrance, LAPD officers guarding one of Dorner's alleged targets mistakenly opened fire on a blue pickup truck that resembled one Dorner was thought to be driving, said Los Angeles police Chief Charlie Beck.

The gunfire left two people wounded, Beck said. Torrance police also fired on another blue pickup, but no one was injured in that incident, according to a senior law enforcement source. In downtown Los Angeles, police wearing body armor patrolled outside their own iconic headquarters.

Police have good reason to be fearful, the chief said.

"Of course, he knows what he's doing. We trained him," Beck said. "He was also a member of the armed forces. It is extremely worrisome and scary, especially to the officers involved."

The manhunt for Dorner spanned hundreds of miles and numerous counties. By Thursday afternoon, it was largely centered around Big Bear Lake -- about 100 miles east of Los Angeles -- where authorities found the truck the suspect allegedly used in the Riverside shooting.

THE HAUNTING WORDS OF A 'KILLER': QUOTES FROM DORNER'S MANIFESTO

'I know I will be vilified by the LAPD and the media. Unfortunately, this is a necessary evil that I do not enjoy but must partake and complete for substantial change to occur within the LAPD and reclaim my name ... The question is, what would you do to clear your name?

'A name is more than just a noun, verb, or adjective. It’s your life, your legacy, your journey, sacrifices, and everything you’ve worked hard for every day of your life as and adolescent, young adult and adult. Don’t let anybody tarnish it when you know you’ve live up to your own set of ethics and personal ethos.

'Unfortunately, I will not be alive to see my name cleared. That’s what this is about, my name. A man is nothing without his name.'

Once, while riding with other LAPD officers, two of them allegedly used the N-word, so he attacked them. 'I placed my hands around XXXXs’ neck and squeezed. I stated to XXXX, 'Don’t f-----g say that.' At that point there was pushing and shoving and we were separated by several other officers. What I should have done, was put a Winchester Ranger SXT 9mm 147 grain bullet in his skull and Officer XXXX’s skull. The Situation would have been resolved effective, immediately.'

He then chillingly wrote to one of the cops, 'I hope your son XXXX, who I knew, is a better officer than you, Detective XX.'

'My first recollection of racism was in the first grade at Norwalk Christian elementary school in Norwalk, CA. A fellow student, XXXX if I can recall, called me a n----r on the playground. My response was swift and non-lethal. I struck him fast and hard with a punch an kick. He cried and reported it to a teacher. The teacher reported it to the principal.

'The principal swatted XXXX for using a derogatory word toward me. He then for some unknown reason swatted me for striking XXXX in response to him calling me a n----r. He stated as good Christians we are to turn the other cheek as Jesus did. Problem is, I’m not a f-----g Christian and that old book, made of fiction and limited non-fiction, called the bible, never once stated Jesus was called a n----r.

'How dare you swat me for standing up for my rights for demanding that I be treated as an equal human being. That day I made a life decision that i will not tolerate racial derogatory terms spoken to me.

'I have exhausted all available means at obtaining my name back. I have attempted all legal court efforts within appeals at the Superior Courts and California Appellate courts. This is my last resort.

'I am an American by choice, I am a son, I am a brother, I am a military service member, I am a man who has lost complete faith in the system, when the system betrayed, slandered, and libeled me. I lived a good life and though not a religious man I always stuck to my own personal code of ethics, ethos and always stuck to my shoreline and true North. I didn’t need the US Navy to instill Honor, Courage, and Commitment in me but I thank them for re-enforcing it. It’s in my DNA.

'Self Preservation is no longer important to me. I do not fear death as I died long ago on 1/2/09. I was told by my mother that sometimes bad things happen to good people. I refuse to accept that

In addition to posting his manifesto online, Dorner reached out directly to CNN, mailing a parcel to AC360 anchor Anderson Cooper's office at CNN in New York.

The package arrived on February 1 and was opened by Cooper's assistant. Inside was a hand-labeled DVD, accompanied by a yellow Post-it note reading, in part, "I never lied" -- apparently in reference to his 2008 dismissal from the LAPD.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2274956/Christopher-Dorner-Former-LAPD-officer-accused-killing-3-fired-force.html#ixzz2KHWWKq9z

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/07/us/lapd-attacks/index.html

Re: 3 Dead After Ex-cop Vows 'war' On Other Police, Their Families by RoyalRoy(m): 7:24am On Feb 08, 2013
And people will think its only in Nigeria mad & deranged people walk around!!
There is no perfect society....no perfect system...all we can do is try!!
Pity those who wl come along these guy's path...including the innocent would-be victims!!
America....land of dreams indeed

(1) (Reply)

Obama Brother Lost By 99% Vote In Kenyan Election / Be Sincere, When Did You Join Facebook? / Top 10 Nigerians Blogs/bloggers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.