Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! (4005 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by tailor(m): 4:44am On Mar 11, 2008
My first ever business through NAIRALAND is successful.
the business is on November last year i made a post in nairaland looking for people who can help me market my high quality made in nigeria suits, shirt and trousers before
i know it my post was deleted. it was later that i know what happened to my post, i made the post on the wrong place which is against the rule of this forum.

Last two weeks somebody from lagos made a post that he needs a good tailor who
can make suit, i replied the post before i know it the man called me and asked me the price which i told him.
The next question he asked was how will i know his measurement i told him to go any tailor that he knows , and the person will measure his, trousers length,waist and measure his sleeve {hand} chest and shoulder. he did all these things i told
him. he asked me the price i told him that it will cost him #8500 eight thousand five hundred naira. this money cover the price of the material my hand work and way bill which i do through chisco transport.

while this man got his suit in a week time and promised to give me more job.

But what surprised me and my friends is that this is a man that i have not meet
before in my life he trusted me. NOW I BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE NIGERIANS WHO TRUSTED NIGERIANS AND BELIEVE IN NIGERIA DESPITE THE BAD ONE AMONG
US.

note: when i said #8500 i don't mean local inferior suit i mean high quality suit made with imported material, when price it in boutique, it goes like #12,000 to#16000

David eziaha ottah
king James tailors
83 tenant road aba, abia state.
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by winnteam(m): 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2008
Oga David,

I am happy for you o. grin

The ball is now in your court to continue to deliver the right quality and you will see how far you will go.

But the day you try to cut corners, it will be the end. cry

Congrats. Watch out you will soon hear from me too. grin
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by naijacutee(f): 12:21pm On Mar 31, 2008
Wow, tailor. . . That was a great post about your success from NL. Thanks also, for going into detail. I have met a lot of great, inspiring people on Nairaland as well, some of which have become friends. However, I haven't transacted business with anyone here. . . yet :-) Kepp delivering high quality service, and I'm sure you with go farther. Also, it might be helpful for you to ask your customer to appraise you on this thread, so people have a little more confidence in you. All the best, my brother.
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by NaijaEcash(m): 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2008
@tailor
It is good that you did not keep quite about this. One of the things Nigerians can do to enhance our image is to post good testimonies like this online. Too many people who benefit from Nairaland and other websites doing business online keep quite.
They only shout to the heavens when a con-artist who happens to be born in Nigeria swindles them.

Thanks for sharing this. And a big thumbs up for NAIRALAND!
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by muyii12: 5:26pm On Mar 31, 2008
can i have ur number pls
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by tailor(m): 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2008
Thank you all , i pray that God of will connect others as he did to me through this
forum.

for those who are intrested in my product contact me with this NO 08050391436 or kingdavid7b@yahoo.com
83 tenant rd aba.

N/B i will tell the man to come and testify before this forum.
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by topsy2: 6:59pm On Mar 31, 2008
Yeh tailor, do you make ladies suits?
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by CrazyMan(m): 9:12pm On Mar 31, 2008
Am happy for you; it's good to see your business flourish in a country like Nigeria

Finally, You forgot to put your number.
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by btech(m): 9:17pm On Mar 31, 2008
What's your turnout.

You should try out some Internet Business.

Call me at 08037375336 and I'll teach you.
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by hahaha2(m): 10:49pm On Mar 31, 2008
I hope say you don pay Owo ile to Seun, otherwise you shall be banned, grin
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by uche1(m): 11:16pm On Mar 31, 2008
Oga, can i be your marketer here in Lagos, lol
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by showbobo(m): 12:29am On Apr 01, 2008
keep up the good work brother,i'm happy for you.
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by 4Him(m): 2:00am On Apr 01, 2008
Great thread!
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by Dale1(m): 2:18am On Apr 01, 2008
Sir,
Can you shed more light?

a. did you deliver first or you got paid first?

2. you mentioned how you deliver, but exactly how do you get paid?

3. Do you have a catalogue/some pics (online?) of your works or it's in the pipeline?

4. Who choses the material? And would you accept a customer's material?

Thanks. Appreciate your response and more grease to your elbows.
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by fellybabe(f): 7:11am On Apr 01, 2008
@ poster, congrats. My first business on nairaland was sucessful too.we had meeting on nairaland users club two yrs ago somewhere in lagos and was invited through e-mail and i went and was d only female dat came. I came 4rm my working place and was sweating profusely cos of d time i left my office at ikj and helding 2 surulere around 5pm and d meeting was 5.30pm and there was heavy traffic, dat ought to discourage me but i make up my mind 2 attend d meeting when i recei ved the invitation. We had d meeting twice and it was partially sucessful just dat d meeting was meeting was later cos Seun Osewa didn't turn up but i still met and gave out my complimentary cards 2 people at d meeting eventhough, it was just twice. Without much ado, i received a business phone call from one of d nairaland user dat was at d meeting 2 submit my proposal, i went to d venue of dmeeting and submitted it,i did d inspection and brought d qoutation d next day. After three wks or so dat i came 4 dat nairaland club meeting, i was given d contract and it's abt d second yr now. Am so grateful 2 dcompany 4 given me d opportunity 2 serve them, my gratitude goes 2 d annizle's crew who thought am worth-inviting 4 inviting me and to d olori okos-SEUN OSEWA, i can never forget u in a hurry cos it's t hrough ur thread.
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by showbobo(m): 7:50am On Apr 01, 2008
fellybabe:

@ poster, congrats. My first business on nairaland was sucessful too.we had meeting on nairaland users club two years ago somewhere in lagos and was invited through e-mail and i went and was d only female that came. I came from my working place and was sweating profusely because of d time i left my office at ikj and helding 2 surulere around 5pm and d meeting was 5.30pm and there was heavy traffic, that ought to discourage me but i make up my mind 2 attend d meeting when i recei ved the invitation. We had d meeting twice and it was partially sucessful just that d meeting was meeting was later because Seun Osewa didn't turn up but i still met and gave out my complimentary cards 2 people at d meeting eventhough, it was just twice. Without much ado, i received a business phone call from one of d nairaland user that was at d meeting 2 submit my proposal, i went to d venue of dmeeting and submitted it,i did d inspection and brought d qoutation d next day. After three wks or so that i came 4 that nairaland club meeting, i was given d contract and it's about d second yr now. Am so grateful 2 dcompany 4 given me d opportunity 2 serve them, my gratitude goes to the annizle's crew who thought am worth-inviting 4 inviting me and to d olori okos-SEUN OSEWA, i can never forget u in a hurry because it's t hrough your thread.

awwww.so nice of you dear
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by VIPICO(m): 9:45am On Apr 01, 2008
David,
Are u at 83 Market rd or 83 Tenant Road?

Clarify cos I know in ur earlier post you had said u are at 83 market Rd
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by opokonwa(m): 2:58pm On Apr 01, 2008
@poster
You would have simply come in and advertised your business in a few words instead of telling us long story.
Nice advert though.
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by adesilver(m): 3:05pm On Apr 01, 2008
@ tailor,

i spend a lot of time in Aba doing business.

with the address u gave i think u should know UP TO Date systems on the same

str. as u. i do a lot of business with him.

anyway i will check u out soon.

keep up the good work.
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 01, 2008
Its nice that Nigerians have actually started trusting pple. still waiting to get my first client from nairaland tho. check me out @ http://www.zeroone.ws/valueweb.htm
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by dee02(m): 7:54pm On Apr 01, 2008
Tailor can you make prisoner uniforms too?

I am about to corner the contract for prisoners at KIRIKIRI and ALAGBON?

Cheers pal,
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by mimiko(f): 11:45pm On Apr 02, 2008
hmmmmmmm there is something about the two testimonies the writers have just one thing in comon apart from their self acclaimed sucess if u dont know and want to know read their post again, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

congratulations oooooooooooooo
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by tailor(m): 11:39am On Apr 03, 2008
Thanx you all for your congrats.

for those who need my service call david on 08050391436 or kingdavid7b@yahoo.com my workshop is at 83 tenant road aba abia state.

for the prison uniform call my number for discussion.
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by omena555(f): 5:03pm On Apr 03, 2008
mimiko:

hmmmmmmm there is something about the two testimonies the writers have just one thing in comon apart from their self acclaimed sucess if u don't know and want to know read their post again, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
amebo, who asked u?

@tailor, congrates o jare, may God continue to increase u. keep working hard and be honest in all your dealings please.
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by mimiko(f): 7:21pm On Apr 03, 2008
ome ome omenme ome ooomena thats a song for u oooo aunty Omena666 oh soryy aunty Omena555
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by TOYOSI20(f): 8:53pm On Apr 03, 2008
@ Poster

Congratulations and more grease to your elbows.
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by LASIEFAIRE(m): 9:32pm On Apr 03, 2008
Congratulation Tailor,

@ TOYOSI20
What u hate reveals what u were created to change!
I like that quote, it is inspiring.

@MIMOKO
You look pretty
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by omena555(f): 10:07am On Apr 04, 2008
mimiko:

ome ome omenme ome ooomena thats a song for u oooo aunty Omena666 oh soryy aunty Omena555
mimko, dont let me catch u oh. grin
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by bank2112(f): 11:58pm On Apr 04, 2008
Do you sew for ladies too?
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by mimiko(f): 1:46am On Apr 07, 2008
@ LASIEFAIRE
tx a bunch

@ Omena555
no vex oooooo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by smithandy(m): 10:12am On Apr 07, 2008
Nice to hear such stories as this. Gives hope for even better things.
Re: My First Business Through Nairaland Is Sucessful! by abujabooks(f): 1:35pm On May 21, 2008
Congratulations Tailor.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Loc Inspiration Album. / Where Can I Rent A Good Wedding Gown In Lagos Or Around Lagos / Meet The Hottest And Most Beauitful Female Student In BELLS UNIVERSITY (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.