Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers (8953 Views)

Pharma Ethics Interview For Med Sales Rep Gate Crashers Are Allowed Date 1/12/15 / Gtb Stops Gate Crashers / Uba Test: Gate Crashers Are Not Dumb After All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 08, 2013
I actually first heard the word 'gate crashing' when I went for WAEC marking. Those who were there to mark for the first time were called gate crashers- perhaps because we were not formally invited to participate in the marking. But the bottom line is, at the end of the day, we were all given scripts to mark (even surplus) and paid a token.
In the world of job search, gate crashing is used to describe a process where an applicant who did not apply for a job, or applied but was not called for interview try to gain access into a test venue. Initially It sounded a kinda unbelievable and impossible, until lately I gate crashed a test which was conducted in my area. Although, I did not apply for the job, nor was I aware of the vacancy. It was kinda painful seeing applicants from distant places coming to take a test in my very neighborhood without my knowledge. I had no choice than to maneuver into the venue of the test.
I think it would be nice if we update ourselves on latest job tests venues, so that those interested or close by can try their luck! Just a candid opinion sha. No insults pls!

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by Raphtop(m): 4:21pm On Feb 08, 2013
Nice thread
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 08, 2013
I just got this info from another thread. Nigerian Bottling Company' apptitude test is holding tomorrow.

' dis saturday 9th feb at abj,kd,kano,jos,maiduguri,et.c.jst get d venue
of any of d states. Gudluck. Gate crashing is allowed o if u cn tk d
risk.dts hw I got my nbc job'
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by samik900(m): 6:56pm On Feb 08, 2013
@ dirtymoney,do u kno weda dey r writn f lag?if yes,which venue?tanx
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by amise: 7:50pm On Feb 08, 2013
Also do u know if they are writting in ibadan pls?
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 08, 2013
Where is the lagos venue? Pls anyone who knows should reply.
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by nenergy(m): 11:49pm On Feb 08, 2013
i gate crashed a test with a marketing research company in Ikeja, lagos in march 2012. tension nor gree me pass.hahahahaha Scored 35/60 smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 08, 2013
^^^^^^
just like i stated earlier, i just got the info from another thread. i would post a link to the thread shortly
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by chiboy11(m): 11:52pm On Feb 08, 2013
Somtin I want u 2 adres here re (1) don't dey I mean d company keep record of pple comin 4dier interview, so ow can u manover dat one

2) Wen u get a job alert 2hours b4 d time ow do u prepare like u just did
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by Iceslizer(f): 11:53pm On Feb 08, 2013
Reminds me of my very first job, i gatecrashed the interview and got the job grin
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 08, 2013
^^^^^^
just like i stated earlier, i just got the info from another thread. https://www.nairaland.com/897035/nigeria-bottling-company-calling

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 08, 2013
just like i stated earlier, i just got the info from another thread. https://www.nairaland.com/897035/nigeria-bottling-company-calling
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by Jorian(m): 11:59pm On Feb 08, 2013
in my area there is a nearby hotel that i ve been keeping my eye on, just to wake up one morning to knw that they are conducting interview. i was sad and i dnt even knw wat to do but gate crash, although i was embarrashed bt i tank God am still searching for job sha. Abeg make una tell me wia work de o
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by Nobody: 11:59pm On Feb 08, 2013
nenergy: i gate crashed a test with a marketing research company in Ikeja, lagos in march 2012. tension nor gree me pass.hahahahaha Scored 35/60 smiley
tension!!!!!!. them dey arrest gate crashers??
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 09, 2013
nenergy: i gate crashed a test with a marketing research company in Ikeja, lagos in march 2012. tension nor gree me pass.hahahahaha Scored 35/60 smiley
tension! them dey arrest gate crashers...?
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by Nobody: 12:04am On Feb 09, 2013
Iceslizer: Reminds me of my very first job, i gatecrashed the interview and got the job grin
wow. u must be a professional gate crasher.
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by Nobody: 12:06am On Feb 09, 2013
ok na. for those in lagos. work force are conducting a test today. venue is unilag. time is 9am. happy gate crashing!
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by madridsta007(m): 12:11am On Feb 09, 2013
A friend of mine gatecrashed a Shell test. We laughed and mocked him as he travelled from Lagos to PH to write the test, without any invite.

Fast-forward four years later, he is sitting comfortable as a senior process engineer with Shell. Yes, he got the job back then.

Gate-crashing could be risky, difficult, embarrassing and unfruitful. But hey, no pain, no gain. Great risks comes with great rewards. But once you have the prompting in your spirit, go for it. I wish you guys the best.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by aieromon(m): 1:10am On Feb 09, 2013
I have a friend that gatecrashed an interview. He got to know about the interview by 5a.m and was there 8a.m prompt. It was a batch thing and since he came so early,he was the first to enter and he nailed the job. Even when they said his name wasn't on Batch A,he calmly told the panelists he had to travel back to his base and that was why he came early.
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by nenergy(m): 1:22am On Feb 09, 2013
dirtymoney: tension! them dey arrest gate crashers...?

read madridsta007's comment...

"Gate-crashing could be risky, difficult, embarrassing and unfruitful. But hey, no pain, no gain. Great risks comes with great rewards. But once you have the prompting in your spirit, go for it. I wish you guys the best."
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by honestivo(m): 1:30am On Feb 09, 2013
But som of d interview hv d list of thos bn invitd
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by aieromon(m): 2:32am On Feb 09, 2013
honestivo: But som of d interview hv d list of thos bn invitd

1.Not all of the people invited show up at the end of the day.

2. There are instances where people are invited but their names do not show up on the list.
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by viruz007(m): 2:37am On Feb 09, 2013
Bookmarking and following... My first gate crashing experience was last year here in PH. Was told Schlumberger were having a test dat day. Unluckily I missed d position were dey might have considered letting me in. Twas all good. Abeg if una hear any for PH make una let a brother know.
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by Fhemmmy: 2:47am On Feb 09, 2013
aieromon: I have a friend that gatecrashed an interview. He got to know about the interview by 5a.m and was there 8a.m prompt. It was a batch thing and since he came so early,he was the first to enter and he nailed the job. Even when they said his name wasn't on Batch A,he calmly told the panelists he had to travel back to his base and that was why he came early.

This can only happen in Nigeria oh, except those hard labor jobs that they just want anyone that is fit to do them, but for professional jobs where you resume screening has already selected you for the interview, it will be impossible - However, not sure how it it being done in Nigeria . . .

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by profGinger: 3:44am On Feb 09, 2013
Abroad pple una too form.who ask u how dem they do am for outside 9ja.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by Fhemmmy: 4:54am On Feb 09, 2013
profGinger: Abroad pple una too form.who ask u how dem they do am for outside 9ja.

Apologies u read it that way . . . .

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by Jarus(m): 6:25am On Feb 09, 2013
Daring. Good. I like that and pray it works for you guys.

But I'm surprised it can happen. This should be the first or second time I'm hearing about this interview gate-crashing thing. Actually never knew, thought all tests are by invitation.

90% of testing entities won't accept that though.

But there is nothing wrong in trying. Good efforts, guys.
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by Imeyo(m): 6:55am On Feb 09, 2013
wink gatecrashing does not work if d test software had been precustomize wit candidate's username mostly wit dragnet and smtimes wit workforce.
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by Dbaba(m): 7:41am On Feb 09, 2013
@dirtymoney where in unilag is d test holding.kindly let d house knw. Thanks
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by palugycolina(m): 7:49am On Feb 09, 2013
i actually wanted to try it once oo.so i got all dressed up and carried me file along..got dere and saw a group of police beating up a fresh lagoes ibo boy..asked why he was been beaten..reply was dt..he gate crashed and was caught..so i quietly went to d back and my guy na so i take jump fence run leave my tie..

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by Uziehot(m): 7:59am On Feb 09, 2013
I once gate crashed on one of d exams dat was conducted wit 1 of dis bank couple of years back.i got d info at around 3am d day d exams was to be conducted. I got d job afta d exams n interview. If u'r lucky to get d info b4 tyme,y nt give it trya. Best of luck
Re: A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers by Frankiss44(m): 8:04am On Feb 09, 2013
palugy colina: i actually wanted to try it once oo.so i got all dressed up and carried me file along..got dere and saw a group of police beating up a fresh lagoes ibo boy..asked why he was been beaten..reply was dt..he gate crashed and was caught..so i quietly went to d back and my guy na so i take jump fence run leave my tie..

LWKMDH.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

SUBEB Recruitment List - Check For Your Name / Daily Job Vacancies (19/08/2014) / Wellspring University Non-academic Job Recruitment (11 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.