Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

He Inadvertently Married His Mother (book) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / He Inadvertently Married His Mother (book) (1106 Views)

How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake / See Why This Nigerian Man Married His Own Mother.. The Reason Will Shock You / Nigerian Man Uses Hummer Jeep As Coffin To Bury His Mother (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Inadvertently Married His Mother (book) by OmoAlata(f): 8:11am On Feb 09, 2013
Can anyone remember the name of a book I read many moons ago? I'd love to read it again. I'll give you a snip of it. Basically, the King and Queen had a son but the oracle said he should be killed as he'll bring great pain to the village. They reluctanctly agreed and gave the baby to be slaughtered. Years later, the King dies and nearby villages/towns wage war against the village and always conquer them. The villagers weep and pray for a helper. Meanwhile, a young man hears of their calamity (or something to this effect), goes to that village and wins all their battle. They decide to make him their king despite opposition from some quarters that a stranger could not be their king. He marries the widowed Queen and life resumes. They have children. Then, things begin to happen in the village - sickness, death etc. They consult the oracle who says an abomination has been carried out etc etc etc. They later find out that the stranger is in fact the Queen's son. The man they gave the baby to, did not kill him but gave him away to a childless couple. When the Queen hears that she married her own son, she screams, "Ifa what are you doing to me" then she kills herself. It was a very interesting book.
Re: He Inadvertently Married His Mother (book) by Herbiorlah(f): 8:23am On Feb 09, 2013
The gods are not to blame... by Ola Rotimi. its a very interesting novel/play.
Re: He Inadvertently Married His Mother (book) by OmoAlata(f): 8:26am On Feb 09, 2013
Herbiorlah: The gods are not to blame... by Ola Rotimi. its a very interesting novel/play.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'll try to get a copy. grin
Re: He Inadvertently Married His Mother (book) by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:10am On Feb 09, 2013
WoW what an epic story! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: He Inadvertently Married His Mother (book) by OmoAlata(f): 9:28am On Feb 09, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
WoW what an epic story! shocked shocked shocked shocked

You need to read it shocked
Re: He Inadvertently Married His Mother (book) by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 21, 2022
Still a great book.

(1) (Reply)

Are The Igbos Too Sensitive Or A Shadow Of Self? Opinion! / The Sweet Meadows Of Contemplation: An Addendudm To The Infaq Al-maysur / AFONJA Is A Warrior Name Who Re Those Being Refered To As OSU In Igboland.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.