Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

On Toke Makinwa And Female Unclothedness On Male Magazine Covers - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / On Toke Makinwa And Female Unclothedness On Male Magazine Covers (1160 Views)

Igbo People x International Magazine Covers, Spreads, and Ads / Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers / ~ Fashion Magazine Covers & Photoshoots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

On Toke Makinwa And Female Unclothedness On Male Magazine Covers by MyneWhite1(f): 9:44am On Feb 09, 2013
http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com

I know these are all up-and-coming talent, and they're hustling to make the most of their fame and maximize their popularity, but by a lot of standards, they are successful, they are celebrated, people look up to them. I wonder if they realize this, and if they really consider the message they're sending out to the younger women who are following behind?

They're basically saying that it doesn't matter how successful, talented or smart you are, what is important to get ahead is to show men that you are sexually available to them, are at least, you're willing to make yourself look that way in public. The fact is that these women are not lingerie models, neither are they musicians at a concert, so we can't say they're just doing their job. What exactly are they doing?

Compare their cover to the Kings of Comedy cover of Mode Men, which in 2010 featured three male entertainers. The difference is clear, isn't it?

Ladies, think twice next time before you begin to take your clothes off for a male magazine's camera.

Re: On Toke Makinwa And Female Unclothedness On Male Magazine Covers by tjskii(f): 10:29am On Feb 09, 2013
Funny enuf wen I first saw this pic I didn't see anything wrong with it,but on readin ur article,I took a closer look and realized that these ladies are actually halfnakiid,I guess most of us ave been desensitized by the media(movies,music videos et al)that we actualy see nothin wrong in a lady exposing all her goodies,welLl that's d world we find ourselves in now,ow we for do undecided
Re: On Toke Makinwa And Female Unclothedness On Male Magazine Covers by onnari(f): 7:33am On Feb 10, 2013
Tjskii tk d words ryt out o my mouth. @ frst u see it as 'normal' but then... N then d contrast wth the mens' issue is so glaring! I agree d@ as role models though,they should carry themselves as such, youngsters copy a lot of what they see in d media. I see Chimamanda Adichie as one of my role models,myne whitman t mention a few- none of which I can picture semi clad in d media... My 2 kobo. :-)
Re: On Toke Makinwa And Female Unclothedness On Male Magazine Covers by kandiikane(m): 10:55am On Feb 10, 2013

(1)

Check Out Funke Akindele's Sexy Red Dress To The Glo CAF Awards 2013 / See A Beautiful Cloth Made From Condom [PHOTOS] / I Need A Body Cream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.