Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,705 members, 7,955,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:11 PM

Letter To My Younger Self! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Letter To My Younger Self! (1762 Views)

Look At The Snake My Younger Brother Killed This Night At His Door Step (PICS) / A Note To Thy Younger Self. / If You Could Write A Note To Your Younger Self, What Will It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To My Younger Self! by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 02, 2006
Here is a new stuff that's be going around the blog cycles for a while and i thot you guys might like it. You write a letter to your younger self, telling him/her about life and trying to advice.

here's mine:

letter to my younger self

Dear David,

I stopped reading today to take a few minutes back to reflect on how you’ve been living your life. I know life could be very stressful, you’re very lucky you at least have someone to guide you and give you some good advice, I wish I had someone myself.

Now you’re about to enter college, please choose wisely. You will make new friends, there will be no daddy and mummy, there will be nobody to ask you I you have done your laundry or read your books or read your bible. There are friends and there are friends, remember to be wise as a serpent and be gentle as a dove.

1. Read your books very hard, for the successes of today will greatly influence your tomorrow. When you look up do you see stars or do you see your dreams? The way up is the way down, be serious with your school work. Copy your notes conscientiously and ensure you have your assignments turned in at the right time. Don’t let procrastination take a grip of you; you will only end up regretting everything you left undone.
2. I know you love writing; it had always been your hobby. Always remember that what thy hands findeth to do, do it well and the God of wisdom bless your endeavors.
3. Steer clear from women and wine, though sweet they are the road to a man’s eventual downfall. They will take your heart away from God and steal your mind away from your textbooks. They steal your innocence and take away any pride you still have left.
4. Never be arrogant. You might be the best in class yet you’ve got tons to learn from others who are not as intellectually endowed as you are. Always learn to give the credit to He who gave you the ability, be willing to learn, be willing to impart knowledge.
5. Give. Give. Give. I can’t tell you enough that those who give are those who are blessed the most.
6. Never say I can’t, those who are successful have one head just like you. The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is just a little extra effort. If others can, you more.
7. Don’t look down on yourself, for that girl you thought you could never approach was waiting in vain for you to approach her. Take your chances, opportunity comes but once. Remember time and chance happeneth to every one equally.
8. Take your choir practices seriously, never shrink back when you are asked to lead worship sessions or take solos. It is the road to improving your voice.
9. I know you are also a very sensitive person, you are young and you still have years ahead of you. Take things easy; do not be in a hurry. What is yours will always be yours. Never misuse opportunity; you will never get some chances again.
I love you and I wish I could go back and live your life again but I can’t. Time never rolls back for anyone, you have seen my pitfalls and mistakes, and it is up to you to learn. The wise man learns from his mistakes, a wiser man learns from the mistakes of others.

Good luck as you live your life, enjoy it and learn to make a balance. There is time to be serious and a time to loosen up. Have fun and remember you only have one chance in a lifetime to be young. Use it to the maximum ability that you can.

God bless you…

Your older you!
David
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by eveseh(f): 3:40pm On May 20, 2006
nice one kiss kiss kiss
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 20, 2006
eve, was that your picture on your profile? Very cute!
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by eveseh(f): 9:18pm On May 20, 2006
thanks it's my profile
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 20, 2006
wink waoh, first time i get a good look at you. the other pictures did no justice, keep up the good looks. Are you truly 15?
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by DaHitler(m): 9:19pm On May 20, 2006
Davidylan, I have never heard of such crap. This is a total waste of time. shocked
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 20, 2006
What crap, Afeni? And what were you hearing about? If this is a total waste of time why did you bother posting a response?
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by DaHitler(m): 9:22pm On May 20, 2006
I had to post because I already spent the last 30 seconds reading the initial post. Definately not something I would expect from a smart person like you. cry
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by eveseh(f): 9:24pm On May 20, 2006
davidylan:

wink waoh, first time i get a good look at you. the other pictures did no justice, keep up the good looks. Are you truly 15?

lol david,am 17,about that 15 i dont really know about it
people keep telling me that they loked on my profile and they saw my age i was 15
but i can ready understand it,anyway whateva,am 17 i was born in october 21st 1988,
anyway nice to meet u dave
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by eveseh(f): 9:24pm On May 20, 2006
and as for you afeni what are u saying here,fool
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 20, 2006
@afeni,

do you blog? No! So you won't know it was just a game that had been passing around nigerian blog cycles for a while now.

Two, and what was "NOT" smart about the post? Thinking of which i can't remember reading any "smart" post from you either. your first post on this topic is probably an example of your kind of posts, done without thinking!
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by DaHitler(m): 9:26pm On May 20, 2006
I am just being honest. I don't find these letter exercises useful at all.

Davidylan, you agreed with a lot of political posts. Remember? cheesy
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 20, 2006
Afeni:

I am just being honest. I don't find these letter exercises useful at all.

undecided of course that's the idea. It was started as JUST A GAME! Get a life!
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 20, 2006
hey eve, are u on yahoo messenger?
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by eveseh(f): 9:29pm On May 20, 2006
davidylan:

hey eve, are u on yahoo messenger?

no,am not there i'll go there maybe tomorrow
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 20, 2006
i thot you were online?
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by eveseh(f): 9:37pm On May 20, 2006
no am not online now
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 20, 2006
eveseh:

no am not online now
That must be a miracle, oh, u're using your phone right?
Awww sorry.
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by eveseh(f): 9:41pm On May 20, 2006
davidylan:

That must be a miracle, oh, u're using your phone right?
Awww sorry.

lol,am not using any phone tongue
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 20, 2006
by what miracle at thou online and yet not online?

eveseh:

no am not online now
eveseh:

lol,am not using any phone tongue
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by eveseh(f): 9:45pm On May 20, 2006
davidylan:

by what miracle at thou online and yet not online?

am lil bit busy on NL i cant go on yahoo now tongue
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 20, 2006
ok. now understand. take care.
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by eveseh(f): 10:01pm On May 20, 2006
Ok bye dave,it was nice talking with u kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Letter To My Younger Self! by tdough: 9:56pm On Nov 02, 2010
Nice 1 poster. But em 2 my younger self i'll say stop getin high n more specific stop smokin dope, n coc but keep getin rich.

(1) (Reply)

Just Sign Up And Start Making Money / Nairaland Funny Nick bank / Three Set Of People You Should Never Lie To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.