Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Why Do You Pray Before Eating? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Pray Before Eating? (518 Views)

What Kind Of Things Do You Pray About? / How Long You Pray - Does It Really Matter? / What Is The Significance Of Praying Before Eating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Pray Before Eating? by noskyboy(m): 11:21am On Feb 10, 2013
Why do you pray before you eat?
People pray before they eat, for different reasons, i found this out when i did a little research, i asked my freinds, siblings, school mates, neighbours and other people, why they pray before eating? And got different stunning responses, some said they prayed to give thanks, some said, to cast out any form of poison, some said, so that the food would satisfy them, and many other funny and surprising answers, some say they dont even pray at all. So i decided to put this question out to nairalanders, why do you pray before eating. Please be sincere, dont just give a socially acceptable answer. Thanks.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Eating? by Prodigee: 11:25am On Feb 10, 2013
I do it because it's proper! lol
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Eating? by Prodigee: 11:29am On Feb 10, 2013
Well in the bible during the Passover with the 12 disciples, Jesus did give thanks before they drank wine and broke bread.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Eating? by ITbomb(m): 11:50am On Feb 10, 2013
Gratitude to which ever Being you believe gave you the food
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Eating? by pheyikemi: 11:58am On Feb 10, 2013
ITbomb: Gratitude to which ever Being you believe gave you the food
I concur
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Eating? by noskyboy(m): 12:35pm On Feb 10, 2013
this should make front page please!
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Eating? by Joel3(m): 1:03pm On Feb 10, 2013
I dont pray, except i am skiptical about the funds source, where it come from and maybe i am outside. The only word is i cover this food with thy blood of jesus
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Eating? by Image123(m): 3:15pm On Feb 10, 2013
Because men ought always to pray, and it is the Father's will to give thanks.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Eating? by degrace: 5:13pm On Feb 10, 2013
There is every need for one to pray before eating;
1]To thank the almighty God for his provision
2]To commit the food onto Him the provider
And other while meaning reasons.

(1) (Reply)

Wow! The Pope Steps Down / Love And The Broken Hearted / The Elected Saint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.