Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,108 members, 7,867,195 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:06 PM

GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION (721 Views)

Feminism, Atheism & Other Philosophical Topics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION by ooman(m): 6:07pm On Feb 10, 2013
Pls Moderators, I like the apparent democracy and freedom of speech that you practice here. Though i know we dont have complete freedom of speech because you hide some comments and change some words that YOU think are aberrant.

However, it seems that the government on nairaland is dancing somewhere between Jonathan's administration marked by being slow, insouciant, and blind AND Abacha's militant rule because you have decided to ignore AND/OR reject the request of atheists. The request is simple : GIVE THE ATHEISTS THEIR BOARD, AND PLS, LET IT BE IN THE SCIENCE SECTION.

A fact is certain: NAIRALAND IS NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT THE ATHEIST'S SECTION.

Bye-bye wink
Re: GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION by JeSoul(f): 6:31pm On Feb 10, 2013
As the christian mod here let me assure on behalf of my brethren, we are not bothered let alone be afraid of you guys. Your request was 'rejected & hidden' by the atheist mod. Frankly I would support the creation of a separate section for y'all - you can go and do your kumbaya there cheesy. But your fellows wouldn't agree because of the obvious truth - most of you guys are obsessed with religion and need to scratch that itch by bashing religion 24/7. Plain & simple.

Cheers.

By the way, there is a mod thread on top the page. https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/69#14245130
Re: GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION by ooman(m): 7:14pm On Feb 10, 2013
JeSoul: As the christian mod here let me assure on behalf of my brethren, we are not bothered let alone be afraid of you guys. Your request was 'rejected & hidden' by the atheist mod. Frankly I would support the creation of a separate section for y'all - you can go and do your kumbaya there cheesy. But your fellows wouldn't agree because of the obvious truth - most of you guys are obsessed with religion and need to scratch that itch by bashing religion 24/7. Plain & simple.

Cheers.

By the way, there is a mod thread on top the page. https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/69#14245130

If there is an atheist mod at all, i see no reason why he should reject it because it is not about us, the atheists, it is about atheism and reason and truth and science. So i think that you saying the "atheist mod rejected the request" is an excuse, i think that you dont have an atheist mod at all. tongue

We are forced to come here and talk about religion because there is no atheist section, so pls, dont feel too important. Talking about religion, actually, is a waste of time.
Re: GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 10, 2013
Re: GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION by Enigma(m): 7:22pm On Feb 10, 2013
^^^ lol lol lol grin

I bin dey read quietly and jejely but the above penultimate is seriously to laugh at!

smiley

Edited
Re: GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION by Bella3(f): 7:34pm On Feb 10, 2013
striktlymi:
grin
Re: GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 10, 2013
Funny how the christians on this thread avoided an earlier and more popular+insightful thread on the same topic;
https://www.nairaland.com/1191579/5-reasons-atheists-need-separate

Why are you guys picking on a newbie (Ooman)?

(Jesoul is exempt from this criticism as she is a mod and was addressed directly by the thread)
Re: GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION by Bella3(f): 7:49pm On Feb 10, 2013
Somebody dy fear ban johr.
Re: GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION by ARareGem(f): 8:50pm On Feb 10, 2013
striktlymi:

Lollest and so on point! grin

At topic, I don't see why atheists need a separate section when all you guys ever discuss about is linked to RELIGION or in your words, anti-religion. I mean, you all desperately try to proove atheism which is inextricably linked to theism. Don't you think it would be 'logical' to be in the same section with theists so you can 'proove' your point?
Re: GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION by Nobody: 12:09am On Feb 11, 2013
ARareGem:

Lollest and so on point! grin

At least it's better than your belief in sky daddy. Now that is lollest to the maximum. Lol
Re: GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION by Nobody: 3:26am On Feb 11, 2013
JeSoul: As the christian mod here let me assure on behalf of my brethren, we are not bothered let alone be afraid of you guys. Your request was 'rejected & hidden' by the atheist mod. Frankly I would support the creation of a separate section for y'all - you can go and do your kumbaya there cheesy. But your fellows wouldn't agree because of the obvious truth - most of you guys are obsessed with religion and need to scratch that itch by bashing religion 24/7. Plain & simple.

grin grin The smart ones know this - the only thing that binds atheists together is their mutual hatred for christianity. Outside that, they have nothing else in common and a separate atheist section would be even worse than the islamic section in terms of participation. without christians to abuse atheists dont exist.
Re: GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION by Nobody: 3:27am On Feb 11, 2013
striktlymi:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION by Nobody: 3:27am On Feb 11, 2013
davidylan:

grin grin The smart ones know this - the only thing that binds atheists together is their mutual hatred for christianity. Outside that, they have nothing else in common and a separate atheist section would be even worse than the islamic section in terms of participation. without christians to abuse atheists dont exist.

I wonder if Jesoul makes that same comment to Manmustwacc
Re: GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION by Nobody: 3:38am On Feb 11, 2013
striktlymi:

The nature of religion is to believe something of which there is no proof.
Re: GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION by manmustwac(m): 3:53am On Feb 11, 2013
ooman: Pls Moderators, I like the apparent democracy and freedom of speech that you practice here. Though i know we dont have complete freedom of speech because you hide some comments and change some words that YOU think are aberrant.

However, it seems that the government on nairaland is dancing somewhere between Jonathan's administration marked by being slow, insouciant, and blind AND Abacha's militant rule because you have decided to ignore AND/OR reject the request of atheists. The request is simple : GIVE THE ATHEISTS THEIR SECTION.

I understand you might all be worshipers of something and so might be afraid of what your God(s) will do if you give us our section, but i can assure you that we can protect you from the fires of hell, all you need to do is to listen to REASON and be EMPIRICAL.

A fact is certain: NAIRALAND IS NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT THE ATHEIST'S SECTION.

Bye-bye wink
Well this topic should be in the nairaland/general section to catch the attention of the site owner i will make it known to him but personally i don't think there's enough of us to start a new section
Re: GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION by ooman(m): 4:07pm On Feb 11, 2013
manmustwac: Well this topic should be in the nairaland/general section to catch the attention of the site owner i will make it known to him but personally i don't think there's enough of us to start a new section

Thank you MMW. You are more sincere than Jesoul, i knew this so i told her that

ooman:

If there is an atheist mod at all, i see no reason why he should reject it because it is not about us, the atheists, it is about atheism and reason and truth and science. So i think that you saying the "atheist mod rejected the request" is an excuse, i think that you dont have an atheist mod at all. tongue

I will put another request in the general section then. Concerning the lack of mod, we promise we wont blow up nairaland, you just need someone to check every now and then (even if they are not atheists), we are gentle, modernized people, our board will be the most peaceful.
Re: GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION by ooman(m): 4:11pm On Feb 11, 2013
striktlymi:

THIS SHOWS HOW MUCH YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT ATHEISM.

DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK THIS IS WHAT MOST PHILOSOPHERS AND GREAT SCIENTISTS THINK ABOUT NATURE?
YOU HAVE TO TRY AGAIN IN YOUR CONSPIRACY.
Re: GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 11, 2013
ooman:

THIS SHOWS HOW MUCH YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT ATHEISM.

DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK THIS IS WHAT MOST PHILOSOPHERS AND GREAT SCIENTISTS THINK ABOUT NATURE?
YOU HAVE TO TRY AGAIN IN YOUR CONSPIRACY.

1 Like

Re: GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 11, 2013
striktlymi:

Trololo
Re: GIVE US ATHEISM SECTION by ooman(m): 5:12pm On Feb 11, 2013
striktlymi:

I HAVE NO DOUBT THIS IS striktlymi, THIS IS WHY YOU BEHAVE HOW YOU DO.

(1) (Reply)

The List Of Top 21 Richest Nigerian Billionaires / Plsssss Help....advice Needed...... / Fg To Scrap Neco, Napep, Utme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.