Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,446 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Forex Trading - Season 13 - Business (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading - Season 13 (652558 Views)

Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / Forex Trading - Season 15 / Forex Trading - Season 14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (703) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by XHTML: 7:14pm On May 28, 2013
Aafulenu: hi guys,

am loosing big time, 85pips i bot when i was supossed to sell (EU), my question do anyone knw if its gonna revert itself?
or should i stop loss?

You may have to wait for sometime if you plan to recover that. I'll advise you cancel it. Don't try to hold on to that any longer.

Price might bounce up around the 131.10 region though.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by kasonud(m): 7:28pm On May 28, 2013
XHTML: Oh my. Did anyone cash in on this?

So I was away and missed it. Wow.

#Gold
Oga i would like to know the name of your broker if you don't mind?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Aafulenu(f): 7:34pm On May 28, 2013
XHTML:

You may have to wait for sometime if you plan to recover that. I'll advise you cancel it. Don't try to hold on to that any longer.

Price might bounce up around the 131.10 region though.

thanks bro
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by prowitin(m): 8:04pm On May 28, 2013
Funny enough it was Oil that paid me today. All this currencies fall my hand. I must confess the risk is high but the move is more reasonable. And my advice for those still in the market is to follow there trading strategy and plan. 2ndly read the candles you see... if there is no sign to hold your trade just take a bold step and close. You will always have other opportunities but with a drained acct you will never see a 2nd chance. Trade your plan. In other words if your plan is to trade with out stoploss then good luck. I'd you plan is to blow ur acct goodluck. If your plan is to loss one and win two goodluck just make sure you have a plan.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by XHTML: 8:08pm On May 28, 2013
kasonud: Oga i would like to know the name of your broker if you don't mind?

My primary brokers are FXPro and Dukascopy.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by McNelson(m): 8:15pm On May 28, 2013
kasonud: Oga i would like to know the name of your broker if you don't mind?
I use www.forexmetals.com
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by freelinks: 8:23pm On May 28, 2013

am loosing big time, 85pips i bot when i was supossed to sell (EU), my question does anyone knw if its gonna revert itself?
or should i stop loss?
you could edge the trade instead. i hate seeing negative figures on my account. thats me anyway. i edge and start scalping.in due time my account is back to the initial balance. then i might consider closing the trade if its so too bad.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by freelinks: 8:33pm On May 28, 2013
eu is currently at 1.2872, its below all 3 supports i have om my chart. Any move above 1.2885(S3) is good for you. Have a sell stop at 1.2840 or 1.2845 just in case. But for now, and I advise you don't close the trade. The should be some retrace.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by XHTML: 8:53pm On May 28, 2013
Aafulenu:

thanks bro

My bad, I thought you were referring to the Eur/JPY. Still, I hope you've closed the trade.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by kcc515(m): 9:15pm On May 28, 2013
freelinks:
you could edge the trade instead. i hate seeing negative figures on my account. thats me anyway. i edge and start scalping.in due time my account is back to the initial balance. then i might consider closing the trade if its so too bad.

ahh.. memories! I use to do this a lot early this year, but wasn't too good with the scalping, grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by stolenstone: 9:18pm On May 28, 2013
You know, if we continued with the 100-page-per-season routine we will probably be entering season 16 now!
long live season 13!!!!
long live forex trade alert family!!!!!
long live nairaland!!!!!!!
long live naija!!!!!!!!
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by smartearn(m): 9:36pm On May 28, 2013

am loosing big time, 85pips i bot when i was supossed to sell (EU), my question does anyone knw if its gonna revert itself?
or should i stop loss?

My advice to you is to close the trade and accept the loss ,cos if you dont do that it may damage your whole acct .also accepting loss is part of the game .And also remember that any time you are placing a trade always put stop loss so as to avoid this kind of thing again.
best of luck
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by XHTML: 9:37pm On May 28, 2013
prowitin: Funny enough it was Oil that paid me today. All this currencies fall my hand. I must confess the risk is high but the move is more reasonable. And my advice for those still in the market is to follow there trading strategy and plan. 2ndly read the candles you see... if there is no sign to hold your trade just take a bold step and close. You will always have other opportunities but with a drained acct you will never see a 2nd chance. Trade your plan. In other words if your plan is to trade with out stoploss then good luck. I'd you plan is to blow ur acct goodluck. If your plan is to loss one and win two goodluck just make sure you have a plan.

You're right. Those are Golden guidelines every trader should know.

- Knowing how to interpret the charts is a basic skill EVERY trader who operates a live account should know. If you don't, you better use a demo till you're proficient.

- Stop Losses are of upmost importance - if the market moves in the opposite direction of your trade, this is probably your only saviour (if you've experienced the pain of manually closing a loosing trade during periods of high volatility, you'll know what I mean) wink . Keep your SL's in line with the amount of trading capital you're comfortable risking. Infact personally, when I go into a trade, the first question on my mind is "How much am I prepared to lose if this goes wrong". With regards to risk, I always keep this in line with the odds. The more "sure" I am about a trade (i.e from what my trading system and charts present), the more I'll likely risk. But of course, remember that no one can be 100% sure in this business.

*I'll rather place a stoploss far from the entry price than no stoploss at all - because I know exactly "how much" I'm risking on that trade.

- With regards to holding trades, do not be afraid to modify your SL to accommodate retraces (of course I know we're all aware of the differences between retraces and reversals). However, keep "risk" in mind. It all boils down to your trading patterns but please, don't just hold on to trades in the "hopes" that price will reverse without valid reasons/signs (you can always move between the Timefames to get a general outlook).

- Trading plans, yes. I don't know about most of you but I have no plans to be a retail trader for life. I wanna retire completely someday and chill out on the beach all day with sunshades and wine bottles. smiley Don't treat forex like gambling. You don't want to trot around the place losing capital, redepositing, making a couple winning trades and at the end of the month when you pull up your account statement, your profits are still far less than your deposits and you've made nothing but a Loss. Pick a system, stick to it. Above all, know your fundamentals and keep an open mind to learn more - don't get cocky and claim "Pro". I'll always consider myself no more than a rookie because I don't know it all. I'm willing to sign up under ANYONE just to get their trading style, opinions and patterns. For me, It all boils down to my P/L, I'm not in for competitions, public status or claiming 20years in practice.

- Finally and I must chip this in. Information is key in this business, people - be smart, grab as much as you can. I personally have a couple accounts with Trade Signal providers, Forex Copy Systems ( etoro, instaforex account - so I can take advantage of the copy system, etc), tons of memberships and accounts at networking/social sites(forex forums, our very own Trade Alert thread wink and a bunch of others), subscriptions to forex newsletters, news feeds, blogs etc. I like to get an outlook on what's happening in the market, what caused what, how traders are reacting, their opinions and yes I like to see their trades if possible - it all helps in my decision making and brings a lot of new ideas to the table, trust me.

Don't lock yourself up and watch your screen all day, making decisions on your own. It doesn't hurt to see a couple of other opinions and trades, you don't necessarily have to take each alert or follow each signal. Rather take cues from your sources and conduct your research - if you know your fundamentals you won't be lost.

And of course, keep an open mind, practice, learn, don't be afraid to make mistakes or use a demo account to test out certain strategies or patterns you come up with.

Well, there are a few tips I use, I hope someone will find them useful.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by gerald2(m): 9:41pm On May 28, 2013
XHTML: Oh my. Did anyone cash in on this?

So I was away and missed it. Wow.

#Gold
I caught that one, made enough... Just learning best approach to Gold and Oil.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by freelinks: 1:04am On May 29, 2013
Close sell for eu, gu. And buy for ej.
Open buy for eu, gu and sell for ej
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by IgweOO(m): 2:11am On May 29, 2013
XHTML:

This people (Dukascopy), do you trade them on MT4 or there jforex platform? How is there commission/Swap/FTT(There MT4 service provider). Please enlighten me/us. Thank you. cool
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by freelinks: 2:44am On May 29, 2013
Close ej
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by alexbelove: 2:51am On May 29, 2013
WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT TRAINING
Become the most sought after website designer and earn over three hundred thousand naira (N300,000) monthly.
100% practical training on how to design dynamic website, social network, e-commerce, blog etc.

You will not just learn how to design a website, but you will also learn how to setup your business in auto pilot and make money while you are sleeping, market your newly acquired skill, get client and manage them effectively.

The advantage of a web site designer:
No initial capital to start, all you need is the skills
Work from the comfort of your home or office
No fix price, there is no fix price to charge your customer, you decide how much you want to charge
You will also be paid annually for renewal and maintenance
You don’t have to quit your existing job, you can do it at your spare or convenient time

Course Module:
 Wamp Server
 Open Source Technology
 Wamp Server
 PHP/Mysql
 Wordpress
 Joomla
 Jquery
 Javascript
 Internet Marketing
 Domain name registration and Website Hosting
 Uploading a website & Editing a website

Course fee: N20,000
Course duration: 4 Weekends (Saturdays only)
Date: June 8th, 15th, 22th & 29th
Time: 10am to 3pm
Venue:The Resource Place: 1 Badagry Street (Abba Johnson Bus Stop, Akora Estate) off Adeniyi Jones Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos.
Award: Certificate in Web Proficiency
Resources: Free softwares and ebooks

Limited seat available. Register online at www.datalexnetwork.com/register.html
Call: 08125312182, 07030097973

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Birikiti: 4:59am On May 29, 2013
XHTML:

Please what's the lowest lot size you can use on Fxpro? I opened a Demo account and saw you can't go below 0.1 lot size. Is it the same for a live account?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by freelinks: 5:48am On May 29, 2013
Can't help but sell eu and gu
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by IgweOO(m): 5:51am On May 29, 2013
Birikiti:

Please what's the lowest lot size you can use on Fxpro? I opened a Demo account and saw you can't go below 0.1 lot size. Is it the same for a live account?

0.1 as you rightly wrote. First minimum deposit for trading is 500$. I have used them earlier, if futures and commodities is you thing, go for them or Alpari. But if you prefer currencies, Dukascopy could be great. I havent used but from what I read online, I have concern about the commission, Swap, charges for Syncing your MT4 account between Dukascopy and FTT and also, there friday's margin. I read it increases to over 80% thereby closing your open position whether on profit or not.

#I think some strength is returning to thees Asian currencies (AUD and NZD). They might turn bullish from next week. NZD is at its lowest lows of 2013, hence the support lately.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by XHTML: 6:37am On May 29, 2013
Igwe OO:

This people (Dukascopy), do you trade them on MT4 or there jforex platform? How is there commission/Swap/FTT(There MT4 service provider). Please enlighten me/us. Thank you. cool

With dukascopy I only use the java platform. Initially, there was the learning curve but I'm proficient with it now.

FxPro serves all my MT4 cravings.

Around early 2012, I tried the MT4 Bridge (from FairTradingTech) and had a couple issues - particularly with partial closes but all those are fixed now and it runs smooth (some folks I know using the Bridge have reported no issues of late). It still has to do the Daily Auto-Sync so it stays on par with Jforex though.

With regards to fees, see here - http://dukascopy-mt4.fairtradingtech.com/fee/

Standard Dukascopy fees vary depending on your equity and traded volume($35 ~ 10 per for currencies, $53 ~ 15 metals). Then if you use the FTT MT4 Bridge, know they'll have their charges, $1 per lot from what I'm told.

During weekends, leverage is reduced to 1:30 (or 1:60 for some) your open positions will likely use more leverage. If it's overly high, you may get margin cuts.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by XHTML: 6:42am On May 29, 2013
Birikiti:

Yes, Oga Igwe OO was right. That's the minimum. If you really want to trade micros, I recommend looking at FXCM Micro or Alpari Uk, both good choices (from my experience with using them).

@Igwe OO You don't use FxPro anymore? Which broker did you move to, if so?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 6:47am On May 29, 2013
if you are looking for a reputable broker.you have 85 reasons to trade with FOREXTIME.COM.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 6:48am On May 29, 2013
if you are looking for a reputable broker.you have 85 reasons to trade with FOREXTIME.COM.
XHTML:

Yes, Oga Igwe OO was right. That's the minimum. If you really want to trade micros, I recommend looking at FXCM Micro or Alpari Uk, both good choices (from my experience with using them).

@Igwe OO You don't use FxPro anymore? Which broker did you move to, if so?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by meshpips(m): 6:52am On May 29, 2013
USDCHF sell limit at 0.9814 SL 0.9845 TP 0.9740
Happy trading!
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by XHTML: 7:11am On May 29, 2013
GBP/USD Buystop 1.5031 Target 1.5110.

My SL's at 1.5010
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by ayox2003: 7:13am On May 29, 2013
Igwe OO:

0.1 as you rightly wrote. First minimum deposit for trading is 500$. I have used them earlier, if futures and commodities is you thing, go for them or Alpari. But if you prefer currencies, Dukascopy could be great. I havent used but from what I read online, I have concern about the commission, Swap, charges for Syncing your MT4 account between Dukascopy and FTT and also, there friday's margin. I read it increases to over 80% thereby closing your open position whether on profit or not.

#I think some strength is returning to thees Asian currencies (AUD and NZD). They might turn bullish from next week. NZD is at its lowest lows of 2013, hence the support lately.

Igwe,

Au contraire, I think Aussie's broken last year's low and heading for 2011's low, on the weekly TF but this wek would determine its reversal or not. If it can retrace to last year's low, then we should buy from next week which ofcourse is the second half of the year....and many reversals do occur from June.

Frawzey

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Prettywoman: 7:21am On May 29, 2013
Oil traders good morning,what is the contract time for trading oil?,i use instaforex
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Trendline: 7:24am On May 29, 2013
SHORT CHFJPY @ 104.77 SL 105.16
LONG EURCAD@ 1.3383 SL 1.3360
SHORT NZDJPY @ 82.20 SL 82.74
SHORT NZDCHF@ 0.7846 SL 0.7893

this is a bit late...
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by ayox2003: 7:25am On May 29, 2013
freelinks: Can't help but sell eu and gu

Brother, I just placed a buy-stop at 1.5043 with stops at 1.5013. I pray we both make it to the bank. cheesy

Frawzey
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by XHTML: 7:32am On May 29, 2013
Some correlation there ~ EUR/JPY and AUD/USD pairs. Hmmm.

ayox2003:

Brother, I just placed a buy-stop at 1.5043 with stops at 1.5013. I pray we both make it to the bank. cheesy

Frawzey

If we were all trading in a central market, you'd both be clashing. cheesy

My buystop on EUR/USD is at 1.2864.

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (703) (Reply)

How To Make Regular Income Offering HOT Digital Marketing Services On Fiverr / ➜ ➜ ➜ Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 17 ➜ ➜ ➜ / ➜ ➜ ➜ Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 16 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.