Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,175 members, 7,835,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Nigeria Is The New African Champion! - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Is The New African Champion! (24747 Views)

Nigeria Is Worst Dressed Team In Beijing / Video:Blessing Okagbare Wins London Diamond League 100M Sets New African Record. / Joe Frazier Former Boxing Heavyweight Champion Passes On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by usbcable(m): 12:35am On Feb 11, 2013
Does any body have a link to view the closing ceremony once again.

My wife wants to see the DBanj performance once more.

Naija 4 Life
Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by Nobody: 12:37am On Feb 11, 2013
executinal: I hope EMENIKE COLLECT THE HIGHEST GOAL SCORER AWARD??
Yes i can proudlt tell u that i saw it,while he was collecting it
Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by donsax: 12:37am On Feb 11, 2013
Football is made in nigeria!!!

Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by kelch(m): 12:37am On Feb 11, 2013
This is the story of a young boy whose parents were murdered during 2002 riots in Kaduna. He was aged 11 years at the time. His parents, Mr Austine and Mrs Josephine Moses, were missionaries until they met their untimely death. The boy left his house to play football but returned home to see that all his parents had laboured for had been razed down and he would never see his mother and father again.
He was taken to London by his uncle almost immediately after the incident. While in London, he began deploying his football skills. Though his parents were murdered, his passion for football was never killed. He played football for his school and later for a local Tandrige League club until Crystal Palace FC approached him. From that point, his career progressed in leaps and bounds.
This player played for England's under 16, 17, 19 and 21 teams between 2005 and 2010 scoring 11 goals for England during this period. He later moved to Wigan Athletic and now he plays for Chelsea. This footballer is called VICTOR MOSES.
His story is a touching one, I share his pains. I also share his courage. He had a choice not to step into Nigeria again but he didn't take that option. When the call to serve his fatherland came, Moses dumped England and embraced Nigeria... That is patriotism!
Today, we see a Victor Moses bringing joy to every Nigerian including those who may have inspired his parent's death... That is Love!
On Sunday, Moses would stand for the National Anthem and pledge allegiance to a country that couldn't defend his parents... That is faith!
Moses would deliver the "African Cup of Nations" trophy to Nigeria not minding what had happened in the past... That is forgiveness! Moses rose through bitterness and despair to the limelight of hope and courage.
He never gave up on his country. He persevered... That is purpose!
If someone like Victor Moses, despite the bitter past, never gave up on Nigeria, then why should we?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by Nobody: 12:41am On Feb 11, 2013
Congratulations!!!
Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by Promolysis(m): 12:42am On Feb 11, 2013
Niseamaka: Sunday Mba plays for which clubside in 9ja?.
heartland of owerri formerly iwuanyanwu
Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by Nobody: 12:42am On Feb 11, 2013
[quote
author=kelch]This is the story of a young boy whose parents were
murdered during 2002 riots in Kaduna. He was aged 11 years at the time.
His parents, Mr Austine and Mrs Josephine Moses, were missionaries until
they met their untimely death. The boy left his house to play football
but returned home to see that all his parents had laboured for had been
razed down and he would never see his mother and father again.
He was taken to London by his uncle almost immediately after the
incident. While in London, he began deploying his football skills.
Though his parents were murdered, his passion for football was never
killed. He played football for his school and later for a local Tandrige
League club until Crystal Palace FC approached him. From that point,
his career progressed in leaps and bounds.
This player played for England's under 16, 17, 19 and 21 teams between
2005 and 2010 scoring 11 goals for England during this period. He later
moved to Wigan Athletic and now he plays for Chelsea. This footballer is
called VICTOR MOSES.
His story is a touching one, I share his pains. I also share his
courage. He had a choice not to step into Nigeria again but he didn't
take that option. When the call to serve his fatherland came, Moses
dumped England and embraced Nigeria... That is patriotism!
Today, we see a Victor Moses bringing joy to every Nigerian including
those who may have inspired his parent's death... That is Love!
On Sunday, Moses would stand for the National Anthem and pledge
allegiance to a country that couldn't defend his parents... That is
faith!
Moses would deliver the "African Cup of Nations" trophy to Nigeria not
minding what had happened in the past... That is forgiveness! Moses rose
through bitterness and despair to the limelight of hope and courage.
If someone like Victor Moses, despite the bitter past, never gave up on
Nigeria, then why should we?[/quote]NOTE TAKEN, NEXXXTTT...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by dabrake(m): 12:44am On Feb 11, 2013
Sam Milla: Nigeria, The true king of African football.
Ghana and Egypt, we are right behind you.
guy, I go e-slap you if you no change that thing. Who dey behind burnt yam?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by kelch(m): 12:49am On Feb 11, 2013
This is the story of a young boy whose parents were murdered during 2002 riots in Kaduna. He was aged 11 years at the time. His parents, Mr Austine and Mrs Josephine Moses, were missionaries until they met their untimely death. The boy left his house to play football but returned home to see that all his parents had laboured for had been razed down and he would never see his mother and father again.
He was taken to London by his uncle almost immediately after the incident. While in London, he began deploying his football skills. Though his parents were murdered, his passion for football was never killed. He played football for his school and later for a local Tandrige League club until Crystal Palace FC approached him. From that point, his career progressed in leaps and bounds.
This player played for England's under 16, 17, 19 and 21 teams between 2005 and 2010 scoring 11 goals for England during this period. He later moved to Wigan Athletic and now he plays for Chelsea. This footballer is called VICTOR MOSES.
His story is a touching one, I share his pains. I also share his courage. He had a choice not to step into Nigeria again but he didn't take that option. When the call to serve his fatherland came, Moses dumped England and embraced Nigeria... That is patriotism!
Today, we see a Victor Moses bringing joy to every Nigerian including those who may have inspired his parent's death... That is Love!
On Sunday, Moses would stand for the National Anthem and pledge allegiance to a country that couldn't defend his parents... That is faith!
Moses would deliver the "African Cup of Nations" trophy to Nigeria not minding what had happened in the past... That is forgiveness! Moses rose through bitterness and despair to the limelight of hope and courage.
If someone like Victor Moses, despite the bitter past, never gave up on Nigeria, then why should we?
Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by UD101(m): 12:52am On Feb 11, 2013
executinal: I hope EMENIKE COLLECT THE HIGHEST GOAL SCORER AWARD??
Yh he Did
Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by KOURTNEYK: 12:52am On Feb 11, 2013
Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by lumeneng22: 12:54am On Feb 11, 2013
Gudluck nigeriaaaaa.
Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by lekzy01(m): 1:06am On Feb 11, 2013
Nigerian are so dawm creative.. Obanceanjo. Lmao

Bance to Obanceanjo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by Nobody: 1:11am On Feb 11, 2013
Where can I watch them lift the trophy? - I missed out on that...
Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by Gbenge77(m): 1:16am On Feb 11, 2013
Kudos to Keshi,the master tactician!
Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by onila(f): 1:17am On Feb 11, 2013
First time Nigeria is rejoicing since Jonathan became the president grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by Sike(m): 1:41am On Feb 11, 2013
[size=20pt]They said We couldn't DO it, But We Already Did It !![/size]
Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by Ezyp(m): 1:44am On Feb 11, 2013
on point

Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by toluleke(m): 1:44am On Feb 11, 2013
plainmirror: Let's say our Cup prayer: Our Eagles who art in AFCON. Victory be thy name, thy trophy come. Thy cup be brought to us, As it was in the past. Bring us this trophy, Our Eagles coach and forgive those who killed Victor Moses' parents, As we forgave those who stole our subsidy funds, And lead us not into extra time, but deliver us in 90 mins. For thine is the trophy, the title and the reward, As 2013 is concerned the year of restoration and settlement.. .. ..AMEN !!!!
nawa o
Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by Sike(m): 1:49am On Feb 11, 2013
plainmirror: Let's say our Cup prayer: Our Eagles who art in AFCON. Victory be thy name, thy trophy come. Thy cup be brought to us, As it was in the past. Bring us this trophy, Our Eagles coach and forgive those who killed Victor Moses' parents, As we forgave those who stole our subsidy funds, And lead us not into extra time, but deliver us in 90 mins. For thine is the trophy, the title and the reward, As 2013 is concerned the year of restoration and settlement.. .. ..AMEN !!!!
[size=15]WoW![/size] *claps*

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by onila(f): 1:57am On Feb 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by Gbenge77(m): 2:01am On Feb 11, 2013
What a terrific team keshi has got!Tremendous!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by onila(f): 2:03am On Feb 11, 2013
Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by cheikh: 2:11am On Feb 11, 2013
Ileke-IdI
Is the game that serious?

@^^ Yes! it's that Serious because the "BlackStars" lost wink grin grin grin not even third place tongue
Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by cheikh: 2:16am On Feb 11, 2013
BEDMON1900
KESHI DOUBLE CHAMPION...TUNISIA 94 AND SA 13...BUT LETS INVITE ALABA OF BAYERNMUNICH B4 HE GOT HIMSELF NATIONALISED IN GERMANY

@^^ He is already playing for Austria.
Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by OluEmmaAss: 2:43am On Feb 11, 2013
I hope this team could be kept. We may be of reckoning globally!
Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by onila(f): 2:51am On Feb 11, 2013
john dumelo supporting Nigeria!

Victor Moses and kanu nwankwo after the game

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by sambos994(m): 3:50am On Feb 11, 2013
"Champions of Africa" Those words sound so good rolling out of my mouth.
Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by misslaw(f): 3:58am On Feb 11, 2013
yea yea
even d haters celebratd..
evrytin felt so gud,cnt sleep....tooo much happiness...
SUPER EAGLES U ROCK
Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by hclacid(m): 4:07am On Feb 11, 2013
NOBODY should ask ANYBODY for VALENTINE GIFTS ooo. Super eagles don do Valentine for Everybody grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by naptu2: 4:08am On Feb 11, 2013
[size=14pt]1980[/size]

Christian Chukwu receives the Nations Cup trophy from Alhaji Shehu Shagari (Lagos, 1980)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tggt9Ply9lc

[size=14pt]1994[/size]

Stephen Keshi, Sunday Oliseh & Peter Rufai with the Nations Cup trophy (Tunis, 1994).

[size=14pt]2013[/size]

Joseph Yobo lifts the Nations Cup trophy (Johannesburg, 2013).
Re: Nigeria Is The New African Champion! by mbulela: 4:16am On Feb 11, 2013
Glad we won but i've found the quality of this competition low.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Everton Set To Buy Alex Iwobi For £30m After Failing To Buy Zaha / Qatar Vs Senegal: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 3) On 25th Nov 2022 / VP Osinbajo Unveils Team Nigeria's 2021 Olympic Kit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.