Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,048 members, 7,810,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Victor Moses - The Symbol Of Patriotism And Hope - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Moses - The Symbol Of Patriotism And Hope (501 Views)

Victor Moses Was Playing Football When He Heard His Parents Had Been Murdered .. / Man Stopped From Slapping Keshi For Substituting Moses For Yobo / Moses Begged Mikel Before Taking The Penalty Against Ethiopia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Victor Moses - The Symbol Of Patriotism And Hope by manuelo130: 11:39pm On Feb 10, 2013
Ever since i heard the story about how Victor Moses's parents were slaughtered and burnt in Kaduna and how he escaped to London to rescue what was left of his life, i could not help imagining that the same people who orchestrated the brutal murder of his parents probably cheered him as he labored to bring honor to his fatherland - the same land that could not protect his parents.

Victor Moses should be a rallying point for many young disgruntled Nigerians who feel that the country has let them down.
There are indeed many young people who care less one way or the other when it comes to the issue of patriotism. They feel (and rightly so)that the country has failed them at critical times in their lives.
But today Victor has shown us how to keep faith with our fatherland. Keeping hope alive and believing that one day, we will reach that enviable place of peace and security in Nigeria.

And to those who frequently employ violence as a means of settling issues, my final word to you - You create more problems and complicate already existing ones
Lets embrace the forgiving spirit of this young man and employ same in our everyday lives to move this country forward.

Finally the issue of merit in selecting and appointing people to public offices in Nigeria - My Keshi has shown that with the right people in the right positions, nothing is impossible. They called it "Biafran team" and i heard there was even a protest but today the right people in the right positions have brought honor to the country. Let us enthrone merit and reap quality results.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

(1) (Reply)

One Big Lesson Afcon Victory Must Teach Nigerians. / Is Your Prediction Wright Or Wrong For Afcon 2013 Final? / Football A Religion That Unites Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.