Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session (6412 Views)

Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 / Dino Melaye And His Turbaning Outfit At Senate's Plenary Session (Photos) / Photos From The Senates Plenary Session Today [SARAKI REJOICES ] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 11, 2013
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Representative Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, has congratulated Nigerians over the victory of the Super Eagles at the last African Cup of Nations and declared that the victorious national team will be hosted in a special plenary session of the house.

The Speaker in his congratulatory message, declared that the House of Representatives will host the victorious Super Eagles during its plenary when the team return from South Africa later in the week.

A statement issued in Abuja by his Special Adviser on Media and Public Affairs, Malam Imam Imam, Representative Tambuwal described the victory as “sweet, reassuring and a reaffirmation of the superiority of Nigeria over other African countries both in football and other areas of human endeavour.”

He noted that “the Eagles have not only regained the hearts of supporters the world over with their mesmerizing display, they have also lifted the spirit of the nation.”

The Speaker said the unity of purpose shown by the team and their handlers reaffirmed the notion that when all hands are on deck, achieving common objective will be a lot easier.

While congratulating the team and the nation for the achievement, Tambuwal urged football authorities in the country to double their efforts and ensure that the team not only qualifies for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, but win the trophy for the first time.

Dawn Of New Era

Also speaking on the Super Eagles’ victory, the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, congratulated the Super Eagles on their emergence as the new champions of Africa, describing it as the dawn of a new era in Nigerian football.

“Winning the elusive trophy on the threshold of our centenary is a good omen for the nation and I urge Nigerians to emulate the indefatigable spirit, patriotism and unity exhibited by the Super Eagles” he said.

Senator Ekweremadu also congratulated all Nigerians on the nation’s victorious outing at the 2013 edition of the African Cup of Nations tournament.

Source: http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/02/10/reps-to-host-super-eagles-in-plenary-session/

1 Like

Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by sexybash(f): 9:14am On Feb 11, 2013
nice instead of chopping our money smiley grin angry sad everytime
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by strangest(m): 9:14am On Feb 11, 2013
Have they settled their benefits yet?
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by Macky2(m): 9:15am On Feb 11, 2013
Good to hear.
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by Desdola(m): 9:18am On Feb 11, 2013
Everyone wants to associate with the super eagles cos they are now champions. Well, its a welcome development.
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by MEILYN(m): 9:19am On Feb 11, 2013
if dey had lost na different story we go dey hear........mtcheewww
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by jhydebaba(m): 9:19am On Feb 11, 2013
Victory is sweet cheesy

In other news....

Hope the association of Nigerian prostitu lipsrsealed have redeemed their pledge

1 Like

Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by Dopefiend(m): 9:21am On Feb 11, 2013
They deserve it and more. Great performance by super eagles. Next nw is d world cup. Leggo!
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by 9icest: 9:21am On Feb 11, 2013
Atleast, some money intended for looting can go to those boys grin grin grin grin grin
My God! I sometimes wish I am a footballer....

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng
for your daily inspirational dose!

1 Like

Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by jhydebaba(m): 9:21am On Feb 11, 2013
MEILYN: if dey had lost na different story we go dey hear........mtcheewww
Before nko Can u celebrate defeat
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by Koljos(m): 9:21am On Feb 11, 2013
Sunday Mba lak to score on sunday. Up Eagle. Up Nigeria. Up Goodluck
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by MEILYN(m): 9:23am On Feb 11, 2013
jhydebaba:
Before nko Can u celebrate defeat
atleast dey should give dem a welcum party if dey had lost
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by Cmoyor: 9:27am On Feb 11, 2013
Naa so lipsrsealed
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by Thok(m): 9:27am On Feb 11, 2013
Victory has many fathers... Very soon Super Eagles 2013, go be campaign messages..
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by sexysunnyb(m): 9:42am On Feb 11, 2013
I reserve my Alomo Bitters for them
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by yuzedo: 9:43am On Feb 11, 2013
Thok: Victory has many fathers...
Failure truly is an orphan!
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by Gboyee4fun(m): 9:50am On Feb 11, 2013
Yea Nigeria is now in d realm of endless possibilities, African cup is d beginnin of new era in 9ja
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by SamConquer(m): 9:55am On Feb 11, 2013
THE ENJOYMENT NEVER EVEN START SEF...u see the prize in been victorious?they are now dinning and whining with the la creme of the society...U GUYS DESERVE IT JOR!
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by pekelepekele(m): 9:57am On Feb 11, 2013
When will Hon Patrick Obahiagbon congratulate them cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by OluEmmaAss: 10:21am On Feb 11, 2013
pekelepekele: When will Hon Patrick Obahiagbon congratulate them cheesy
I guess they would all have to go with dictionaries because some of those boys were selling spare part before delving into soccer.

1 Like

Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by deelobe: 10:26am On Feb 11, 2013
I am really happy for our boys but don't they ever extend the same largesse to the falcons. I also hope they will take a queue and be patriotic as these gallant young men
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by bendazum: 10:28am On Feb 11, 2013
pekelepekele: When will Hon Patrick Obahiagbon congratulate them cheesy

It was a superlivious display that has mesmerized the enliumpium lugamous.The super eagles deserve a rousing welcome to griterate and gravitate them into a sphere of higirus huganus.

4 Likes

Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by pulel(f): 10:28am On Feb 11, 2013
Thok: Victory has many fathers... Very soon Super Eagles 2013, go be campaign messages..

U r Right on. Na d 1st thing wey come my mind as the eagles won the Nations Cup.
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 11, 2013
Host them, and so what! Is dat wot we sent dem to do...sori i mean wot dey riggd demselves in to do. They shuld nt infect doz innocent boys wit bribery and corruption. Anyway tnk God Facrook Lawan wil nt be there.:/
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by Akwusike: 10:43am On Feb 11, 2013
bendazum:

It was a superlivious display that has mesmerized the enliumpium lugamous.The super eagles deserve a rousing welcome to griterate and gravitate them into a sphere of higirus huganus.
..hahahaha..spit my hot tea out of mouth..Hon. Patrick 2
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by ukpaku: 11:00am On Feb 11, 2013
yuzedo:
Failure truly is an orphan!
failure is not even an orphan but a bastard.
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by MrTAnonymous(m): 11:02am On Feb 11, 2013
jhydebaba: Victory is sweet cheesy

In other news....

Hope the association of Nigerian prostitu lipsrsealed have redeemed their pledge
hope enyeama has done as he promised,as in dance around unclad.
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by lonelypal(m): 11:29am On Feb 11, 2013
Akwusike: ..hahahaha..spit my hot tea out of mouth..Hon. Patrick 2
Anoda patrick obiaghon.. grin
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by Gbenge77(m): 11:43am On Feb 11, 2013
The SUPER DUPER EAGLES deserve all the accolades for making nonsense of bookmakers predictions.A fabulous coach,a terrific team,an amazing tournament.The SE dispatched all their opponents with ruthless efficiency,totally discobombulating critics;with their fluid and cohesive style of play endearing them to all and sundry.Lets bask in the euphoria of this gargatuan success.
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by massmedia: 12:18pm On Feb 11, 2013
Waz my own with dis greedy bastards,,,,dey should implement laws...
Re: Reps To Host Super Eagles In Plenary Session by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2013
sexybash: nice instead of chopping our money smiley grin angry sad everytime

nah that kind session una go like hold. make una go dey shake hands with football statrs. okwa ya?

Go eagles!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Post Your "Buhari Suffering" Story / Femi Gbajabiamila Is A Pentecostal Church Elder Despite Going For Lesser Hajj / Kola Ologbondiyan: PDP will Restore Nigeria’s Lost Glory After Winning In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.