Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,565 members, 7,823,485 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots (1408 Views)

Message For The Mods: Nairaland's Names Of Tribal Bigots. / Prof Yemi Osinbajo Responds To Pdp/christian Bigots / Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by aduboy(m): 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2013
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4687/2013-africa-cup-of-nations/2013/02/11/3744221/nigeria-coach-stephen-keshi-resigns-one-day-after-winning
Feb 11, 2013 6:17:00 PM 27The Nigerian coach has submitted his resignation to the Nigerian Football Federation, after a dramatic falling out, and states that he will not change his mindThe Nigerian football fraternity was dealt with a huge blow on Monday evening, when their coach Stephen Keshi announced his resignation from his job as the coach of the national team, just less than 24 hours after he guided the Super Eagles to Afcon glory at the National Stadium. Keshi claims that he was sacked prior to their quarterfinal clash against Ivory Coast, because apparently the Nigerian Football Federation booked a plane back to Nigeria as soon as they found out that they will play Ivory Coast. However, Keshi claimed on Metro FM that he heard about the arrangement made by the NFF after the Mali game, and that he did not want to take it to mind as it would have affected his teams preparations.   Keshi’s resignation letter still has to be discussed by the NFF, and the coach says he is unlikely to change his mind, because he believes that NFF did not trust and respect his tactics as a coach.    The coach did tell Goal.com a few days before the final, that he would 'pack his bags and leave' if he felt he was not wanted, and it is a surprising turn of events after the coach was highly praised from all quarters.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by aduboy(m): 8:55pm On Feb 11, 2013
The ethnic bigotory that involved the NFF and a few Nigerians on the victorious super eagles is what forced Stephen Keshi to resign. Am sure one of the bosses of NFF must have even told Keshi that point blank on the phone for him to take this step. It actually saddens me that we find ourselves in this kind of situation in this country. Keshi may not mention this to the press because he remains a patriot but I pray he is persuaded to change his mind.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by lecturerdabo(m): 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2013
Yes, let him go! Maybe we will learn to appreciate and trust our own next time!

WHY WE ARE CRAZY ABOUT WHITES, GIVING THEM PREFERENTIAL TREATMENTS I AM YET TO FIND OUT!

Go to oil companies and see Filipinos and Lebanese taking charge and calling themselves expatriates while Nigerians who are more schooled and qualified are being treated like rags. Then you come to sports, we prefer them even when we have better substitutes WHAT A SHAME that after independence,we still beg whites to come and colonize us. I AM DISAPPONINTED!

As for Keshi and His boys, posterity will remember them for this heroic feat.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by bushwailo: 9:10pm On Feb 11, 2013
Let him go jo
Biafra National team Coach cheesy
Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by cooltone: 9:13pm On Feb 11, 2013
It was all over the press that Keshi's team was an Igbo team and even some people believed the team will fail and they will lambast him because of that. Keshi proved those ethnic bigots wrong and showed that he went for competent hands by winning with the Igbo team. I expected this, its not a surprise at all. The NFF should hire a whiteman and tell him what federal character is and leave this Igbo coach alone. God will definitely take him where he would be appreciated.

5 Likes

Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 11, 2013
Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by PapaBrowne(m): 9:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ol boy. This is what you call brinksmanship!!

Brinkmanship (alternately, brinksmanship) is the practice of pushing dangerous events to the verge of—or to the brink of—disaster in order to achieve the most advantageous outcome. It occurs in international politics, foreign policy, labour relations, and (in contemporary settings) military strategy involving the threatened use of nuclear weapons

This man totally understands the game of power. Hehe. He is out to deal with the bigots in NFF. Now if he talks everybody will listen.
World cup is just a year away and there will be no better coach to man this wonderful squad Keshi has created.

Them go beg am. And I hope the bigots get flushed out of NFF. They would surely put up a tough fight and try to call his bluff. We the people should not leave him at this time. He gave each and everyone of us a certain kind of joy and pride yesterday. One we haven't experienced since the "miracle of damman" when we came back and equalised russia from 4-0 in 1989. Keshi, we gat your back!!!

Brinksmanship!!!
Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 11, 2013
ok good! next time NFF should make sheikh Gunmi the head coach and some selected boko haramites as players. Federal Character my Left ear! mtscheeew!

1 Like

Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by Rhino5dm: 9:59pm On Feb 11, 2013
This government is so weak that any achiever must be forced out so as not to expose them. Where is Barth Nnaji?

Imagine those good for nothing NFF officials booking flights? I'm not surprised 'cos Aminu Maigari aka "Aminu Diving" the NFF chairman is somebody I know personally and he is nothing but a disgrace and fraud. A hungry tout who agreed his 20 years old daughter marry 56 years old man, cos the man is the sitting governor.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by kelsmooth(m): 10:14pm On Feb 11, 2013
i tire for naija oh, because some bunch of money-eating, old and useless fools who dont believe in indegenuous coaches and never believed in keshi felt he could not beat cote d'ivoire, they already sacked him and booked his return ticket bak to the country while he was even yet to play the match.........na wa oh.. that is height of no confidence, lack of trust in his ability and immaturity on the NFF guys.. if i were keshi, i will do the same and if they come back for re-negotiation, i will bill them double what they were paying me before i resigned.. naija, i bow..
Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by Dibiachukwu: 10:42pm On Feb 11, 2013
They were getting ready to lynch Igbos and keshi for choosing competent Igbos to do the job. Unfortunately for them, we won the cup cheesy Men see Niggerians sabotaging themselves.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by miiraaj: 10:52pm On Feb 11, 2013
berem: ok good! next time NFF should make sheikh Gunmi the head coach and some selected boko haramites as players. Federal Character my Left ear! mtscheeew!

My dear, go to bed! smiley
Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by wesley80(m): 11:21pm On Feb 11, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
This government is so weak that any achiever must be forced out so as not to expose them. Where is Barth Nnaji?

Imagine those good for nothing NFF officials booking flights? I'm not surprised 'cos Aminu Maigari aka "Aminu Diving" the NFF chairman is somebody I know personally and he is nothing but a disgrace and fraud. A hungry tout who agreed his 20 years old daughter marry 56 years old man, cos the man is the sitting governor.

Mumu dont politicize this, the glass house has always been a ruthlessly corrupt and incompetent congregation of people right from the days of John the Baptist and successive govt's have been unable to interfere due to FIFA restrictions.
As for the rest of you turning this into an Igbo vs the world issue, Keshi mentioned his reason for leaving and it had absolutely nothing to do with any form of pressure over the ethnic composition of his team. Maybe you guys need to learn to draw a distinction between reality and creations of your schizophrenic minds. Stop making "Igbo" an issue you pathetic imps.

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by simmydebadest(m): 11:28pm On Feb 11, 2013
Once again, keshi I salute ur courage
Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 11, 2013
miiraaj:

My dear, go to bed! smiley
for wetin? na by force to sleep?
Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by GARRIx7(m): 12:22am On Feb 12, 2013
Keshi claims that he was sacked prior to their quarterfinal clash against Ivory Coast, because apparently the Nigerian Football Federation booked a plane back to Nigeria as soon as they found out that they will play Ivory Coast. However, Keshi claimed on Metro FM that he heard about the arrangement made by the NFF after the Mali game, and that he did not want to take it to mind as it would have affected his teams preparations.

I wonder if the OP didn't read the CLEAR reasons given by Keshi for his resignation. I wonder why these Pathetic IGBO f00ls(my apologies to the rational ones amongst them) view everything through the tribal lens.

Amodu Shuaibu helped the Super Eagles qualify for both the 2002 as well as the 2010 World Cup, yet he was fired and a foreign coach called in to lead the team to the World-Cup. Meanwhile he's the FIRST Indigenous Coach to qualify the Super Eagles for the World Cup.

Did we hear the anything about ethnicity?? Did we hear anything like Yorubas and Hausas hate Edos?? So where's the issue of ethnicity coming over the issue of Keshi's resignation??

NFF is composed of M0r0ns and fucktards with no idea of what sports management in the modern day entails. Self serving Mofos whose god is their bellies. These are the bas.tards that are killing our sports sector.

Thanks however to Keshi, his technical team as well as the Super eagles for being able to achieve this feat in spite of the negativity and ineptitude plaguing sports management in our nation today.

Hon. Garri (x7)

5 Likes

Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by Nobody: 1:29am On Feb 12, 2013
GARRI (x7):

I wonder if the OP didn't read the CLEAR reasons given by Keshi for his resignation. I wonder why these Pathetic IGBO f00ls view everything through the tribal lens.

Amodu Shuaibu helped the Super Eagles qualify for both the 2002 as well as the 2010 World Cup, yet he was fired and a foreign coach called in to lead the team to the World-Cup. Meanwhile he's the FIRST Indigenous Coach to qualify the Super Eagles for the World Cup.

Did we hear the anything about ethnicity?? Did we hear anything like Yorubas and Hausas hate Edos?? So where's the issue of ethnicity coming over the issue of Keshi's resignation??

NFF is composed of M0r0ns and person with no idea of what sports management in the modern day entails. Serve serving Mofos whose god is their bellies. These are the bas.tards that are killing our sports sector. Thanks however to Keshi, his technical team as well as the Super eagles for being able to achieve this feat in spite of the negativity and ineptitude plaguing sports management in our nation today.

Hon. Garri (x7)

I'm sure papa smiles whenever he sees you.
Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by Dede1(m): 2:24am On Feb 12, 2013
GARRI (x7):

I wonder if the OP didn't read the CLEAR reasons given by Keshi for his resignation. I wonder why these Pathetic IGBO f00ls(my apologies to the rational ones amongst them) view everything through the tribal lens.

NFF is composed of M0r0ns and fucktards with no idea of what sports management in the modern day entails. Self serving Mofos whose god is their bellies. These are the bas.tards that are killing our sports sector.

Thanks however to Keshi, his technical team as well as the Super eagles for being able to achieve this feat in spite of the negativity and ineptitude plaguing sports management in our nation today.

Hon. Garri (x7)

The group of Igbo, a moronic numbskull such as you called fools, is life time better than you and your backwater ethnic group. I know the stinking ethnicity that bore you as a child and have lived with them. The issue in discussion is beyond Ogogoro and woman.
Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by Rhino5dm: 3:26am On Feb 12, 2013
You can't stand critics of Jonathan?

Who gives a flying fucck to who plays or not? Do you fool think Rhino.5dm has time to be wasting watching football? For your sucking info, I didn't even watch the finals and I just managed to watch a single game through out the tournament, cos football and most games are distractions to me.

You think your second grade moves of trying to derail this thread because someone pointed how useless the government is will pass through second reading ? You are just a paid low esteem toad.

Talking about besting, I haven't met ANYONE who knows better than I do in my field of endeavour. . . Not in Nigeria, NOT in every other country I know!

Shove your daftness to your arsss and keep sucking balls for a living.

My questions still stands, why is Jonathan finding favor to be seen around crooks like Otedola, Doyin Okupe and other thieves while anyone with good intention is quickly thrown out of the system?

Who is arguing about sincerity of past NFF? I can only talk about that ediot I personally know, in person of Aminu Maigari! I met him personally when he was hustling, I know his personal house, I know his son Sadiq, his daughter Nabila and his wife. Aminu Maigari is a big fraud, go kill yourself.Fool.

wesley80:
Mumu dont politicize this, the glass house has always been a ruthlessly corrupt and incompetent congregation of people right from the days of John the Baptist and successive govt's have been unable to interfere due to FIFA restrictions.
As for the rest of you turning this into an Igbo vs the world issue, Keshi mentioned his reason for leaving and it had absolutely nothing to do with any form of pressure over the ethnic composition of his team. Maybe you guys need to learn to draw a distinction between reality and creations of your schizophrenic minds. Stop making "Igbo" an issue you pathetic imps.
Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by GARRIx7(m): 7:49am On Feb 12, 2013
Dede1:

The group of Igbo, a moronic numbskull such as you called fools, is life time better than you and your backwater ethnic group. I know the stinking ethnicity that bore you as a child and have lived with them. The issue in discussion is beyond Ogogoro and woman.

...And the stinking ethnicity that bore you as a child knows nothing but drug trafficking, producing fake goods, kidnapping, ritual killing, cannibalism ra.pe of old grannies and every other evil thing that even the devil will be scared of...

cheesy cheesy
Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by wesley80(m): 8:55am On Feb 12, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Talking about besting, I haven't met ANYONE who knows better than I do in my field of endeavour. . . Not in Nigeria, NOT in every other country I know!

Haaa, now I'm really really missing Beaf. Imagine the Taraba state bicycle tire vulcanizer bragging about his abilities! Duh you cant even manage inserting a quote right or maintain a conversation along the path of sanity, what has my response to the drivel you posted got to do with this utterly senseless rant?

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by jmaine: 9:13am On Feb 12, 2013
Rhino is going on overdrive cheesy . . . .Bros chill, the chest beating episode is needless here abeg lipsrsealed
Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by Geniro: 9:22am On Feb 12, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Who gives a flying fucck to who plays or not? Do you fool think Rhino.5dm has time to be wasting watching football? [/b]For your sucking info, I didn't even watch the finals and I just managed to watch a single game through out the tournament, [b]cos football and most games are distractions to me.

Dull guy forming nonsense angry
Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by Rhino5dm: 9:27am On Feb 12, 2013
what are you? Arsss licking m'oro'n that can't even manage a mere social media site?

where is your proxy www.afrosciencecommunity.com? - Failed

where is your god, the failed programmer called BEAF? Recycled

where is the other dating site you used to have on your profile signature? - Failed.

I understand why success is a mirage to a bonehead like you. Stay on lane and lick more ar'ses.

Tell me why you ediots can't handle common criticism or get lost.

wesley80:

Haaa, now I'm really really missing Beaf. Imagine the Taraba state bicycle tire vulcanizer bragging about his abilities! Duh you cant even manage inserting a quote right or maintain a conversation along the path of sanity, what has my response to the drivel you posted got to do with this utterly senseless rant?
Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by Rhino5dm: 9:35am On Feb 12, 2013
Bros, nothing like that ooooo . . .Just my self cool

That Wesley80 of a guy is just an irritant. He thinks intelligence starts and end with writing big big grammars or constructing flawless English sentences.

Heck! Hon. Patrick is not this arrogant.

jmaine: Rhino is going on overdrive cheesy . . . .Bros chill, the chest beating episode is needless here abeg lipsrsealed

Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by tomakint: 5:04pm On Feb 12, 2013
wesley80:
You couldn't have said it better, you got it perfectly right! Young minds need to be liberated from their biased views here, you are doing a good job there, welldone cool

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by Dede1(m): 5:47pm On Feb 12, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Who gives a flying fucck to who plays or not? Do you fool think Rhino.5dm has time to be wasting watching football? For your sucking info, I didn't even watch the finals and I just managed to watch a single game through out the tournament, cos football and most games are distractions to me.

You think your second grade moves of trying to derail this thread because someone pointed how useless the government is will pass through second reading ? You are just a paid low esteem toad.

Shove your daftness to your arsss and keep sucking balls for a living.

My questions still stands, why is Jonathan finding favor to be seen around crooks like Otedola, Doyin Okupe and other thieves while anyone with good intention is quickly thrown out of the system?

Who is arguing about sincerity of past NFF? I can only talk about that ediot I personally know, in person of Aminu Maigari! I met him personally when he was hustling, I know his personal house, I know his son Sadiq, his daughter Nabila and his wife. Aminu Maigari is a big fraud, go kill yourself.Fool.

The bolded statements in the above post are display of inordinate trolling. This is self-aggrandizement to the hip. By the way, I must say the ninny is correct given the fact that he\she has not meet anybody better than him\her in the same azz-hole serving as domicile.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Resigns Because Of Bigots by tomakint: 5:52pm On Feb 12, 2013
Dede1:

The bolded statements in the above post are display of inordinate trolling. This is self-aggrandizement to the hip. By the way, I must say the ninny is correct given the fact that he\she has not meet anybody better than him\her in the same azz-hole serving as domicile.

Dede1, that was extremely funny, men I had to laugh cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Pictures From Abuja-lokoja Traffic Gridlock And Accident Scene. / Lagos Light Rail To Be Ready In June - Where Is It? / APC Members Protest In Ibadan Over Anambra Election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.