Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Why Are Nigerians So Generous? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians So Generous? (1158 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate About Travelling Abroad? / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians So Generous? by Blackcat(f): 3:22pm On Mar 12, 2008
Yesterday in the train on my way to work, this guy walked in begging for alms but no body took notice of him. Trust Europeans they told the guy to go look for work or apply to the state govt for aid. If this had happened in a luxurious bus in naija, Nigerians would have emptied their pockets in a bid to out shine each other. The guy would probably have left the luxurious bus richer than his donors. What really beats me is that, considering that the average Nigerian still lives from hand to mouth why are they still so generous?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Generous? by Dreloaded(f): 3:25pm On Mar 12, 2008
Not really generous. They just hope that by giving, something good will come out of it for themselves.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Generous? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 12, 2008
In a typical Nigerian's mind, these little acts of "goodness" help to assuage our seared consciences. kindda make God a lil happier with us n forget a lotta our bad stuff. lol
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Generous? by Shinatu: 8:48am On Mar 13, 2008
Maybe because Nigerinas know there is not much work around and no aid coming from any state government
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Generous? by babycool(f): 4:29pm On Mar 13, 2008
@ Poster

For me, giving alms is an act of good will and being compassionate which i know lots of Europeans lack. I see nothing wrong with that and i dont know why any one should have a problem with that, let those who want to give, give, its their money, not yours.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Generous? by almondjoy(f): 9:49pm On Mar 13, 2008
D-reloaded:

Not really generous. They just hope that by giving, something good will come out of it for themselves.

Like an investment! cheesy Hoping to receive something in return. Some kind of a generous motive I'll say!

Generous ko, generous ni! Indian givers. . . .who always expect something in return. grin Who are they deceiving? please!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Generous? by TheSly: 9:53pm On Mar 13, 2008
They just hope that by giving, something good will come out of it for themselves.
cool

Like an investment! cheesy Hoping to receive something in return

Ce Fini!!!! cool
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Generous? by SweetT1: 12:37am On Mar 14, 2008
@Poster

You are right, Nigerians are generous and sensitive. White folks don't have that much feelings. But i think too much generousity may be too bad sometimes. It seems like when you are too generous attimes people take you for granted but i'll rather be generous than tight fisted.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Generous? by ty4real(m): 2:27pm On Mar 14, 2008
@Poster!
I wonder which Nigerians you are referring to as been so generous,I think those days of Nigerians parting with their money are over now,an average Nigeria is hardened now that there is no sense of pity ooooo rather some 9jas are imbibing European style of saying Go and get work jooo!Nigerians are no more generous oooooo that generousity died when Baba Iyabo became Presido! grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Generous? by dtwsola(m): 7:00pm On Mar 14, 2008
angry  I don't like the way you sterotype all Nigerians as generous. Some of us are cheap, penny pinching misers. Thank you very much.

(1) (Reply)

Moving To Houston, Help Me Out Plzz / Need Info On Schools That Accept Hnd(eingineering) For Master's In Canada. / Nigerians Book Your Hotel Accommodation Worldwide From Your Home Or Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.