Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,505 members, 7,843,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

FINALLY! Navy SEAL Who Killed Osama Bin Laden Breaks His Silence - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / FINALLY! Navy SEAL Who Killed Osama Bin Laden Breaks His Silence (464 Views)

Shooter:"it Doesn't Matter Anymore If I Killed Osama Bin Laden" / Navy Seal Who Killed Osama Bin Laden Revealed Despite Fears For His Safety / Fisherman Catches Crab With Osama Bin Laden's Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FINALLY! Navy SEAL Who Killed Osama Bin Laden Breaks His Silence by xtgozie(m): 12:28am On Feb 13, 2013
The Navy SEAL who killed Osama bin Laden has recounted in an interview the night he shot the al-Qaida leader three times.

WASHINGTON: The Navy SEAL who killed Osama bin Laden broke his silence on Monday, recounting in an interview the night he shot the al-Qaida leader three times and the financial anxiety he now faces as an unemployed civilian.

The commando kept his identity secret in the Esquire magazine profile but revealed his role in the daring May 2011 raid for the first time, as well as the worries he has for his family's security.

"He looked confused. And way taller than I was expecting," the SEAL says of Bin Laden.

When the commandos came upon Bin Laden in the dark on the third floor of his Pakistani hideout, the al-Qaida mastermind had his hands on his youngest wife's shoulders, "pushing her ahead" and there was a AK-47 nearby.

"I don't know if she's got a vest and she's being pushed to martyr them both. He's got a gun within reach. He's a threat. I need to get a head shot so he won't have a chance to clack himself off (blow himself up)," the commando says.

"In that second, I shot him, two times in the forehead. Bap! Bap! The second time as he's going down. He crumpled onto the floor in front of his bed and I hit him again, Bap! same place," he says.

"He was dead. Not moving. His tongue was out."

The Esquire article, which refers to the unnamed commando as "the Shooter," focuses on the Navy SEAL's plight as an anonymous hero without a pension, health insurance or extra security for his family, with the title: "The Man Who Killed Osama bin Laden...is Screwed."

The lengthy magazine profile comes after another Navy SEAL who took part in the raid, Matt Bissonnette, published a book last year, "No Easy Day," which drew the ire of Pentagon officials who allege he broke a pledge not to disclose classified information.

The Esquire article confirms earlier accounts, including one in "No Easy Day," describing how once Bin Laden was mortally wounded and collapsed on the floor, other SEALs shot him repeatedly in the chest and legs.

According to Esquire, the whole confrontation with Bin Laden took only 15............ continue reading @ http://sapostiks..com/2013/02/navy-seal-who-killed-osama-bin-laden.html
Re: FINALLY! Navy SEAL Who Killed Osama Bin Laden Breaks His Silence by Mynd44: 1:42am On Feb 13, 2013
And how come thos source happens to be a blog?
Re: FINALLY! Navy SEAL Who Killed Osama Bin Laden Breaks His Silence by suxes2005(m): 7:03am On Feb 13, 2013
2nd to comment again

@Topic, there has been lot of infos about osama's death. There was
a book which was released early last year about same Osama's killing....

Please let go of your blog, you are not the source oooo

(1) (Reply)

Homeless Man Returns Diamond Ring / Nigeria: Deregulation Of Oil Sector Is Illegal, Federal High Court Rules. / Quote Of The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.