Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard (26655 Views)

Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo / A 1967 British Newspaper Headline Of A Nigerian Man Helping The UK (pics) / Billboard War In Lagos As PDP Candidate Clips Campaign Advert With APC- Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by AceMiss: 11:25am On Feb 14, 2013
Nostalgic!
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by stagger: 11:28am On Feb 14, 2013
Yes, babies were happy and healthy in Lagos in 1967 but they were being starved to death in the South East and South South as the civil war raged. What a paradox.

3 Likes

Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 14, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

That is recent. Remember my mum buying 13 cups of garri for 1 naira around 1985/86

. . .and I remember buying a bottle of Star Lager Beer for 50 kobo around the same period, lol. No be now wey the 'pump price' na at least N200-N250.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by tcalc: 11:33am On Feb 14, 2013
are the leafs too black and white then?
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Awoofawo(m): 11:34am On Feb 14, 2013
Amrealphils: I miss those days wen garri was 1cup #10... winkcheesy

So you witness the day when 10kobo can buy 1cup+eja dindin. Walahi you no fit finish 15kobo rice on your own in those day!!! 9ja don finish abi na jagajaga!!;(;(:@
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by ismhab(m): 11:37am On Feb 14, 2013
1967, it must be during the bloody civil war.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Ejine(m): 11:46am On Feb 14, 2013
I'm sorry, but that picture (even though in grayscale) looks too sharp to be 1967.
Say wetin happen? I don't think the date is correct. Probably 1985, but 1967? Mba, I no gree bros.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by bolaoni(m): 11:48am On Feb 14, 2013
tcalc: are the leafs too black and white then?

And you didn't remember there was no color photography then?
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by vanstanzy(m): 11:48am On Feb 14, 2013
Nice one. Do u have more old pics for my collection?
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by 5alive(m): 11:53am On Feb 14, 2013
that period wey d useless cowards dey fight for wetin dem no fit get. Abi no be d period wey dat dead agbari iku fled and hide outside d country leavin little children to die of starvation even common garri then no fit get. Abi no be dat time dat crippled unfortunate man write abt hopin dat he wud be relevant again abi no be dat time our own brain came to their rescue wit simple intelligent tactics. Now they av food on their table, they ar free to move up n down and they stil they beef.
God punnish u cowards!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by LEXYCOM: 11:56am On Feb 14, 2013
Now it reads: welcome to nigeria where babies are hustling

1 Like

Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by ignis: 11:57am On Feb 14, 2013
Is this real?
Cos its damn so funny.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ejiné: I'm sorry, but that picture (even though in grayscale) looks too sharp to be 1967.
Say wetin happen? I don't think the date is correct. Probably 1985, but 1967? Mba, I no gree bros.

That pic na serious scam. Edited but brings a wonderful feeling though.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by miccheck57: 12:11pm On Feb 14, 2013
Wow... Am so happy... OP whr did u get a pic of me as a kid?... I don't even av any of it... My parents told me the colonial masters used my pic and were suppose to pay for it and up til now they av nt paid a dime... *now calling the headquarters of International Criminal court*..... *In dbanj's voice* Pay me my moneyyyyyyy
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by sagytariusTM1: 12:17pm On Feb 14, 2013
Tolexander: Many of you here don't/won't know the billboard, of course it is long mehn. Probably your mother hasn't got a bra size.
Wow! I can remember this board was just by the roadside when one is about to get to cameroun from Lagos, then smile back at the baby and say nigerian baby(lugard), here i am.
Then, great grannies were still grannies, grannies were papas, papas were pikin, pikins were babies, babies were foetus while foetus were just seminal and follicula particles.
Geography: F9
Where u even born n that millenium?
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by ignis: 12:24pm On Feb 14, 2013
Is this real?
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by billionman: 12:27pm On Feb 14, 2013
tcalc: are the leafs too black and white then?

Yes the leaves were black and white then. It's of recent ** I think around the late 90s** that plant started having the green coloration due to civilization.

2 Likes

Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Dede1(m): 12:34pm On Feb 14, 2013
stagger: Yes, babies were happy and healthy in Lagos in 1967 but they were being starved to death in the South East and South South as the civil war raged. What a paradox.

Bros, you took the words from my mouth. I guess the poster chose the year, 1967, for reasons other than ignorance.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Dede1(m): 12:37pm On Feb 14, 2013
5alive: that period wey d useless cowards dey fight for wetin dem no fit get. Abi no be d period wey dat dead agbari iku fled and hide outside d country leavin little children to die of starvation even common garri then no fit get. Abi no be dat time dat crippled unfortunate man write abt hopin dat he wud be relevant again abi no be dat time our own brain came to their rescue wit simple intelligent tactics. Now they av food on their table, they ar free to move up n down and they stil they beef.

The above post is clear example that stupidity remains inherent and can not be fixed.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Classicalman(m): 12:42pm On Feb 14, 2013
5alive: that period wey d useless cowards dey fight for wetin dem no fit get. Abi no be d period wey dat dead agbari iku fled and hide outside d country leavin little children to die of starvation even common garri then no fit get. Abi no be dat time dat crippled unfortunate man write abt hopin dat he wud be relevant again abi no be dat time our own brain came to their rescue wit simple intelligent tactics. Now they av food on their table, they ar free to move up n down and they stil they beef.
You sound like your dad was blown to pieces by the Biafran ogbunigwe during d war. Sorry bro. Try and visit d psychiatric hospital for mental evaluation.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by phreakabit(m): 12:44pm On Feb 14, 2013
Baby looks kinda like Mike Adenuga.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by bigx(m): 12:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
Tolexander: Many of you here don't/won't know the billboard, of course it is long mehn. Probably your mother hasn't got a bra size.
Wow! I can remember this board was just by the roadside when one is about to get to cameroun from Lagos, then smile back at the baby and say nigerian baby(lugard), here i am.
Then, great grannies were still grannies, grannies were papas, papas were pikin, pikins were babies, babies were foetus while foetus were just seminal and follicula particles.

Cameroun shares a border with lagos?
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by phreakabit(m): 12:56pm On Feb 14, 2013
bigx:

Cameroun shares a border with lagos?

RFLMAO!
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by seunny4lif(m): 1:03pm On Feb 14, 2013
GUY,NO KILL WITH UR FAKE TRAVEL HISTORY OOOO...HOW LAGOS DEY CONNECT WITH CAMEROUN??LWKMD....
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by seunny4lif(m): 1:06pm On Feb 14, 2013
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Maximus85(m): 1:12pm On Feb 14, 2013
Are our babies happy and healthy?
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Tolexander: 1:18pm On Feb 14, 2013
sagytarius™:
why F9? Isn't the distance from cameroun to lagos around 994.11 km?. When coming from benin republic, won't you pass through ogun to lagos and many cities before getting to cameroun?
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by sol2galay: 1:30pm On Feb 14, 2013

Hehe..,how time changes fortune,and now u become thier slaves... eating from thier crumbs.

2 Likes

Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by 2chains1(m): 1:33pm On Feb 14, 2013

Guy Cameroon from Lagos ke? The map of nigeria on my google says Lagos is near Benin republic and calabar and adamawa on the other end of the country are the ones near Cameroon.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by DrChatNuff: 1:35pm On Feb 14, 2013
Where Adults are greedy and needy
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 14, 2013
sagytarius™:

Dont mind him .As if Nigeria-Cameroun border is in Lagos.
Re: A 1967 “Welcome To Nigeria” Billboard by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 14, 2013
Amrealphils: I miss those days wen garri was 1cup #10... winkcheesy

10 cups of garri was #1 then. Not the other way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What Donald Trump Said About Biafra CNN / Governor Bala Mohammed Dances With Daughter, Zara At Her Wedding (Video) / New Kogi Deputy Governor, Salifu Oyibo, Prostrates To Ex Gov. Yahaya Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.