Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Website Database Export - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Database Export (633 Views)

Pls Advice: A Developer Has Refused My Access To The Website Database I Paid For / How To Create Website Database Via Command Prompt / Backing Up My Website Database (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Website Database Export by saintneo(m): 4:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
Hello guys

I think it is a violation of private web data for a web programmer to export the database of a particular website to another website without the permission of the data owner.

Why am I saying this? I recently I discovered that my login info for nairaland is available in other websites designed and owned by Seun. This website is stockmarketnigeria.com.

I believe that Seun and company are violating members' right and trademark by exporting their private details to their other websites. Even though, Data Protection Laws are not really effective in Nigeria, I believe web business laws are universal.

As a result, Seun and Company should either merge all their websites or create permission channel for importation/exportation of private data.
Re: Website Database Export by Seun(m): 6:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
We have not copied anyone,s login data from one website to the other. If what you,say is,true, you must have forgotten that you registered an account with stockmarketnigeria.com. It's also possible that someone else happened to use your NL username on stockmarketnigeria.com. That is merely a coincidence. I'm sure that my username ("Seun"wink is being used by other people on other forums. This does not mean that my login info was copied from Nairaland. What made you feel that your login info is available on other sites?

(1) (Reply)

Etisalat Magic Sim 4 Blackyberry User It Ping / Let's Donate To Nairaland and help the needy. / How To Increase/boost Your Website Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.