Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

06 Lexus RX330 Or 09 Honda CRV - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 06 Lexus RX330 Or 09 Honda CRV (3141 Views)

Superclean 04-06 Lexus RX330.......07-015 Lexus RX350 (4d Chairmen) / 06 Lexus Gx470 Used. 012 Toyota Highlander Used. 09 Lexus Lx570 Used. / I Need 08 Or 09 Highlander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

06 Lexus RX330 Or 09 Honda CRV by shaddie(m): 5:43pm On Feb 14, 2013
Hi Guys,

I initially planned to get for myself a Honda CRV 09 model but at the car stand, I came across this Lexus RX330 06 model. The car is loaded with all the gadgets I need and also looking very sporty. I had no option but to test drive and was wowed by its movement. Surprisingly, it is far cheaper than the CRV I wanted and carries more gadgets (rooftop DVD, reverse camera, navigation system etc). I quickly changed my mind and decided to go for the Lexus RX330.

After negotiations, I wanted to conclude the transaction but on a second thought, I remembered that the Lexus is a brand that I know nothing about (of course, apart from the fact that it is also a Toyota product) and is also not a common brand like CRV. Though the dealer tried to convince me that it uses normal Toyota parts, I quickly asked them to give me more time to do some findings about the brand before buying.

I however found out that only few of the brand are in circulation (compared to regular brands like Toyota and Honda)and I didn't know anybody who has used it in the past or is using it now. I therefore decided to turn to Nairaland for help knowing that we have very experienced peeps here. Two issues here are at stake, whether or not the car is problematic and whether or not the parts are expensive. Can anybody who has experience with Lexus advise if I should acquire the Lexus RX330 (that has now captured my heart and giving me sleepless nights) or proceed with my 09 CRV?

Regards,
Re: 06 Lexus RX330 Or 09 Honda CRV by ceaser: 10:18pm On Feb 14, 2013
I will advice that you acquire the lexus reason being that you get more options and gadgets for less money. Lexus is basically toyota and the dealers' claim that they share parts with regular toyota is true. It's about the only SUV that I know shares part with the regular toyota SUVs. I doubt if acura or infinity SUVs or sedans share parts with regular honda or nissan variants respectively, and BMW and Benz surely don't.

I currently have a 2002 RX300 in my fleet (acquired some 22 months ago) and has hitherto served me well. I went with the mind of getting a highlander but got the full options package in a lexus of a year less and ended up saving about 200 thousand naira. Reason is that few people know about the versatility of lexus as a toyota product and therefore demand for it is less. Less demand means it's cheaper, but it's an eye turner more than the highlander simply because there're just a few lexus suvs (especially the RX) on Nigerian roads. It's similar to what happens with the American specs Pontiac vibe and the toyota matrix. They both carry the fuel efficient corolla engine under the hood. The Vibe being american specs, boasts more gadgets and options. However, the Matrix because of the Toyota badge (occasioned by 9jerians' fetish for toyota) is almost 200k costlier than a Vibe of the same year. Now few people know these facts.

I've had the rear shocks changed, both cost 15k and guess what? It was actually the exact same shocks as the highlander. I even later discovered from reliable sources that the engine for the RX300 is that of avalon (also a V6 toyota sedan) and the automatic transmission is the camry's. Isn't that wonderful? The only thing I ensured was not to drive my lexus to chijioke's shop and say "give me the shocks for that suv". He'll definitely give me lexus treatment, i.e. sell the 15k highlander shocks for me at 40k. Lol. Just check the part number on line, match with the regular toyota that uses it, then ask for the "toyota" spare part, not "lexus" spare part and you're good to go.

In summary, the lexus will place you in the luxury class for less amount, but not more worry than a regular toyota owner - a wise decision if I may say. Soon I myself hope to up the ante to the 2009 RX350. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: 06 Lexus RX330 Or 09 Honda CRV by ceaser: 10:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
And abeg, how much dem wan do the RX330 for you? grin plus if you fit link me up with the dealers too o, I nor go mind.

(1) (Reply)

TOKS 1996 Model GOLT 3 VOLKWAGEN Le Forsale.............. / Sharpest Reg Lexus Rx300 For Sale / Toyota Venza For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.