Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE (19787 Views)

Chimel Dogara Awarded In Cambridge For Outstanding Performance / Precious Oyelade Made 1st-class In Cambridge With Her Nollywood-based Thesis / 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Sicozone(m): 9:26am On Feb 15, 2013
In this report, SEGUN OLUGBILE highlights the feat of a 16-year-old Nigerian pupil who made 4A*s and 2As in the last International General School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University

Sixteen-year-old Adenuga Victoria brilliant boy. It is unfair to deny him an accolade like this. And arguably, the teenager could be the best Nigerian candidate that sat for the 2012 University of Cambridge International General School Certificate Examination.

The boy, who is the Senior Prefect of Doregos Private Academy, Lagos, registered for six subjects and cleared all his papers. This he did in style – securing four A*s and two As in the examination that involved pupils from about 150 nations of the world. The SS3 pupil obtained A* in English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Biology and As in Mathematics and Additional Mathematics.

With this result, Adenuga is qualified to study any science-related course in any university in the world. Several universities abroad are already wooing him with scholarships. He has also been named the Dorego Academy Ambassador.

While the boy, whose father is a pastor, aspires to study medicine, he said he would just read medicine for its sake, as he intends to end up on the pulpit just like his father, Apostle Paul Adenuga, the General Overseer of Faith Revival Apostolic Church, Idimu, Lagos. Boy Adenuga also says Billy Graham, an American Christian evangelist, is his role model. Graham is notable for having been a spiritual adviser to several United States Presidents, including Dwight Eisenhower and Richard Nixon.

Adenuga was the cynosure of all eyes during the prize-giving day of the school last Saturday. He was the first pupil of the institution to have put up such a spectacular performance at the Cambridge’s IGSCE since the academy started presenting pupils for the examination 10 years ago. The pupil that held the record before Adenuga shattered it was Aishat Abdulrasak, who, in 2007, had three As and three Bs in the examination. Aishat is now a medical student at the University of Lagos.

Speaking with newsmen after he received his award and prizes from the Chairman of the occasion, Mr. Duro Aina, Adenuga said he was overwhelmed the day the school Principal, Mr. Oluyemi Faleke, announced the results on the school assembly ground.

Giving God the glory for his performance, the boy, who was accompanied to the award ceremony by his parents, Adenuga (senior) and Elizabeth, said though he prepared well for the examination, it was God that crowned his efforts with success.

“Before the exams, our teacher prepared us well and I prayed to God to see me through. What I learnt in my JSS days also guided me in that exam and my parents also supported me academically and spiritually,” he added.

Adenuga said he had been nursing the ambition of coming top in any examination that he would participate in. But is his life in school all about books? Faleke and some of his classmates said no.

“He loves football. He is a member of the school team and he is also a member of the athletic team. He runs well and supports Manchester United in the English Premier League,” one of his friends, who simply identified himself as Dayo, said.

Speaking on his role models, Adenuga said, “My dad is my role model, I want to become an apostle like him but I want to study medicine if God says. But I also love Billy Graham, he is also my role model, he is a well respected man of God. I follow him diligently by listening to his sermons and I read a lot about him on the Internet. Graham, now 94, has successfully converted more than 3.2 million people to Christianity worldwide with an estimated lifetime audience including radio and television broadcasts of 2.2 billion. I want to be like him,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/education/boy-16-so-brilliant-he-makes-6as-in-cambridges-igsce/

6 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Odunnu: 11:07pm On Feb 15, 2013
Proudly Nigerian!!!
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Nobody: 12:14am On Feb 16, 2013
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by bloodless: 12:16am On Feb 16, 2013
Sicozone:

http://www.punchng.com/education/boy-16-so-brilliant-he-makes-6as-in-cambridges-igsce/

why is this news i got an A on my AS maths, and A on maths, physics, bio, chem, economics o levels...only B was in english and this was all aged 15 and 11 months including the AS after taking O level's the year before!

2 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by 190: 12:19am On Feb 16, 2013
I had 8 A's in my time

Even comb I nor see undecided

6 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by danduchi(m): 12:20am On Feb 16, 2013
I bet you,this dude is more than Michael Scofield.
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Popowaa: 12:22am On Feb 16, 2013
Well done,keep it up
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Nobody: 12:22am On Feb 16, 2013
This is a wonderful achievement!! Congrats to the boy.
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by pekelepekele(m): 12:23am On Feb 16, 2013
190: I had 8 A's in my time

Even comb I nor see undecided

Ur time A's then means D7 now . Them suppose give you ice water sha because your time Pure water sachet self no dey

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by OmolodMilkman93(m): 12:24am On Feb 16, 2013
d boy tried oh, dats a great feat

bt during my time i had 3As and 5Bs, a guy in my set got 5As and 3Bs, though na for WAEC. Bt wats d big diff?...

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by lordZOUGA(m): 12:24am On Feb 16, 2013
he plans to be a pastor? what kind of intellectual wants to be a pastor?
nope, definitely not genius material.

6 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by jhydebaba(m): 12:25am On Feb 16, 2013
I was unable to finish the first paragraph cry cry little wonder, I wrote WAEC 6 times. cry cry

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by ogagusps3: 12:27am On Feb 16, 2013
Seriously.. Not a big accomplishment... I know a 15 year old girl with 8 A*s in IGCSE and 3 A* in Cambridge A level..she got both when she was 14/15..This guy might not even get into medicine in UI or Unilag if he doesn't swallow his pride and continue reading his books
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by baynix(m): 12:29am On Feb 16, 2013
When I Get 7 A's For My Junior WAEC, Una No Publish Am o!!

**sips alomo**

7 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by OmolodMilkman93(m): 12:29am On Feb 16, 2013
ogagusps3: Seriously.. Not a big accomplishment... I know a 15 year old girl with 8 A*s in IGCSE and 3 A* in Cambridge A level..she got both when she was 14/15..This guy might not even get into medicine in UI or Unilag if he doesn't swallow his pride and continue reading his books
BTW, d article neva said anitin abt pride, wonda wer u got dat plus sme foreign skuls don dey find him according to d article so shove ur hate back into ur ass

15 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by batiatus(m): 12:32am On Feb 16, 2013
lordZOUGA: he plans to be a pastor? what kind of intellectual wants to be a pastor?

private jet tins are not for dull people, he can expand the church, form a new movement and boom, private jet.

6 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by paranorman(m): 12:32am On Feb 16, 2013
I envy him sha... May God continue to crown his efforts.. Reminds of the cartoon 'dexter'; boy genius! Keep the fire burning boy.
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by OmolodMilkman93(m): 12:33am On Feb 16, 2013
batiatus:

private jet tins are not for dull people, he can expand the church, form a new movement and boom, private jet.
i gbadu ur point,... Dats gradually becoming a lucrative biznesss
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by FelixL(m): 12:34am On Feb 16, 2013
lordZOUGA: he plans to be a pastor? what kind of intellectual wants to be a pastor?
Question of age
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by MBG4Real(m): 12:34am On Feb 16, 2013
it is well with him. Glory be to God.

3 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Nobody: 12:36am On Feb 16, 2013
nothing special... good feat though.
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by bestower: 12:36am On Feb 16, 2013
To have and to cherish......stop hatrin.....he is a genius in making support him wit ur prayers and surely he will bring honours to his fatherland sooner......God be with u dude....keep it up.

7 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Johnnyhoo(m): 12:41am On Feb 16, 2013
wait o,u called d name adenuga victoria,z victoria a boi? or hw com do u write 'brilliant boy'. hapi 4 him/her,knw hs dad vry well,he's d G.O of APGO(apostle paul gospel outreach) 4rm Ijebu,Ogun state.

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by yettak90: 1:03am On Feb 16, 2013
To be fair, this isn't that difficult with sufficient preparation.

I wrote IGCSE in 2005 and I got 2 A*'s (Math and Physics) and 3 A's (Ad. Math, Chemistry, English), with only one month's intense preparation.
There were about 5 of us in my set that had all A's and above.

The curriculum isn't much different from WAEC/NECO: additional math was even easier than WAEC's Further Math.

That said, I haven't used my IGCSE results for anything -they can only get you into a sixth-form in the UK, or any of those "Study-Abroad" schools in Nigeria. You need A'Levels (or a degree foundation program) to get into University.
My WAEC result was less impressive, but it's the qualification I used to get into school (as we thought it showed a wider range of subjects).

Congrats to the guy; his hard work has paid off. But we shouldn't overhype the results as they aren't that unusual.

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by gluv01(f): 1:12am On Feb 16, 2013
Congratulations to him. Wish him well ahead!!! smiley
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by ifihearam: 1:17am On Feb 16, 2013
I am not surprised,he is a pastor's son,he ought to be the head and not the tail,well,congrats boy. proudly naija.

4 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Nobody: 1:19am On Feb 16, 2013
I was his tutor. cool

...grin
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by murtalaa(m): 1:20am On Feb 16, 2013
This guy is smart. He realized the easy way to get riches is not in the medical field anymore. he will definitely make Oritsejafors of this world look like beggers.

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by Nobody: 1:20am On Feb 16, 2013
pekelepekele:

Ur time A's then means D7 now . Them suppose give you ice water sha because your time Pure water sachet self no dey

grin grin grin
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by oturugo(m): 1:31am On Feb 16, 2013
boy dey bear Victoria?. All na lie.

3 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by hollypagan: 1:40am On Feb 16, 2013
alot of guys did that ,even Akara or moi .....dey no see
Re: 16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE by YorubaOmoge: 1:43am On Feb 16, 2013
pekelepekele:

Rotflmao grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers / Which Is Correct 'elder Brother' Or 'senior Brother' Or 'older Brother'? / NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.