Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,695 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles (15803 Views)

Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) / Virgin Galactic Spaceship Crashes In Desert, Killing 1 / Revolutionary Railroad: Atomic Train Being Developed In Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by texazzpete(m): 1:12pm On Feb 15, 2013
kramer:

Ogbeni yii! Park your legedez benz and read my comment again.

Of course its real, if you weren't so myopic you would see that my comment was targeted at the report of 400injured (which may or may not be true) and the missile inerception (which is harder to believe)

Try again

See this unrepentant mums.
These guys have shown over and over again their ability to intercept missiles at Mach 5 and you're here doubting their ability to hit a fairly sizable bit of rock.

Olodo
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by maclatunji: 1:12pm On Feb 15, 2013
Warning: The world is inching towards its own destruction.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by solomon111(m): 1:15pm On Feb 15, 2013
exxell: CHOI.... INTERCEPTED BY MISSILES!!! THEY WERE ALL ALERT! WAITING FOR ANY IMMINENT DANGER!
ONLY GOD KNOWS WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN OUR FAITH IF THIS WERE TO BE IN NIGERIA! grin grin grin TODAY'S NEWS HEADLINES ALL OVER THE WORLD WILL BE LIKE

CNN- A GIANT METEORITE WASHES OUT THE GIANT OF AFRICA

ALJAZEERA- METEORITE STRIKES NIGERIA TWO WEEKS AFTER THE NATIONS CUP; BURKINA FASO SUSPECTED grin grin grin

BBC- METEORITE SHOWERS ECLIPSE OUR FORMER COLONY; MI7 ON THE LOOKOUT FOR BANCE! tongue tongue tongue
Aren't you guys tired of these brainless comparisons?.
How can anybody compare russia to Nigeria.?
Smh.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 15, 2013
If it were to happen in nigeria, we would likely have to deploy banky W (nuclear war-head) or the wizards of Benin city.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by fe32(m): 1:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
please there was no missile interception and yes it did happen. Observers are already watching closely another one expected to glaze the earth surface later today. That one is the size of an Olympic swimming pool

1 Like

Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by ichidodo: 1:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
THE HEADLINE IS INEXPLICABLY WRONG. THERE WAS NO SUCH MISSILE INTERCEPTION, THE METEORITE BURNED UP IN THE LOWER ATMOSPHERE RESULTIN INTO A SONIC BOOM THAT CAUSED THE DAMAGES AND INJURIES.

2 Likes

Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by kennyalao: 1:20pm On Feb 15, 2013
exxell: CHOI.... INTERCEPTED BY MISSILES!!! THEY WERE ALL ALERT! WAITING FOR ANY IMMINENT DANGER!
ONLY GOD KNOWS WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN OUR FAITH IF THIS WERE TO BE IN NIGERIA! grin grin grin TODAY'S NEWS HEADLINES ALL OVER THE WORLD WILL BE LIKE

ALJAZEERA- METEORITE STRIKES NIGERIA TWO WEEKS AFTER THE NATIONS CUP; BURKINA FASO SUSPECTED grin grin grin

BBC- METEORITE SHOWERS ECLIPSE OUR FORMER COLONY; MI7 ON THE LOOKOUT FOR BANCE! tongue tongue tongue

Saharareporters New York - Jonathan failed woefully to stop disastrous meteorite

CPC - Clueless Jonathan cannot stop meteorite

ACN - This kind of dissaster will not happen again come 2015 when the opposition coalition rescues Nigeria from PDP shackles

1 Like

Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Yhemit(m): 1:21pm On Feb 15, 2013
Meteor shower
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 15, 2013
kramer:

Tell me what you don't understand and I'll try my best to break it down so that it will make sense to you.

BTW did you notice that the article said "unconfirmed" reports of missile interception right?

like you think it is not possible.
wake up man. this is 2013.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2013

LMAO

HOW ABOUT BEFORE THE METEORITE HITS
METEORITE ABOUT TO HIT EARTH, POINT OF IMPACT NIGERIA: NIGERIANS IN PRAYER AND FASTING MODE
THE PRESIDENT URGES NIGERIANS TO PRAY HARDER: WE REJECT IT IJN
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by elampiro(m): 1:25pm On Feb 15, 2013
The events happening are announcing Jesus's the end times. I already posted this same topic since morning, 8.25 am https://www.nairaland.com/1196682/meteorite-falls-russian-urals-damage .

I expect some people to come and tell us that a similar thing happened in 300AD OR 1400AD or 800BC and it is not new. Is it not clear that natural and unprecedented evil made events happening these days are setting records almost simultaneously? These are clear signs, he who has ears should listen.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Reference(m): 1:26pm On Feb 15, 2013
grafikii: Imagine one knocks earth off it's orbit and we lose gravity, scary

I'm not even sure that can happen. The kind of mass and the speed of its impact that will stop the earth's rotation will first ignite and incinerate every thing and then core out, fragment the planet. Anything smaller will be of a denser material than anything found on earth.

But a 50m meteorite. Man that's goodnite.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Oxygenbutter77(m): 1:28pm On Feb 15, 2013
executinal: So Russian Missiles intercepted the Meteorite.

I pray we never experience any strange stuff around naija, because the rest will be history
I am thinking this a military bragadoccio. Last weekend or even earlier this week it was about N.Korea testing subsurface Nuclear warhead that triggered a magnitude 4.9 tremor and now russia goes ICBM. I am not saying Russia tested nuke but both presidents want the support of their masses. And a show of strength is surely the way forward to rally the usual shepples behind their political X-box. Plus other political ax^2+bx+c=0 could be involved here. Asteriod or Meteriorites so that we start wondering and worrying of Extraterrestial inconviniences and press hard for Zionic protection against space catastrophe. USA might soon shield the whole of washington state with electric sonic magnetic shields from a falling moon. All these after Iran announced a war plane that would not be detected by radars 3weeks ago. I think the usual suspects have be ruffled from their Mouth Action now smaller nations have located their anus.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by kramer: 1:28pm On Feb 15, 2013
texazzpete:

See this unrepentant mums.
These guys have shown over and over again their ability to intercept missiles at Mach 5 and you're here doubting their ability to hit a fairly sizable bit of rock.

Olodo

Now I know you're one of those gullible nonentities that believe everything they watch on TV

Do you know how small a meteorite can be? I doubt if the meteorite that struck was even bigger than a basketball and then you believe a full sized missile will be used to intercept it Oderamus like you
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by kramer: 1:29pm On Feb 15, 2013
rafhell:

like you think it is not possible.
wake up man. this is 2013.

I don't have your time... Go away
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by NaLaugh: 1:33pm On Feb 15, 2013
I bn just arrive back from this meteor stopping mission.
U kno.. Superman tinz.
Na to drink garri be the next mission now to regain my strength.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by kramer: 1:36pm On Feb 15, 2013
kramer:

Now I know you're one of those gullible nonentities that believe everything they watch on TV
[s]
Do you know how small a meteorite can be? I doubt if the meteorite that struck was even bigger than a basketball[/s] and then you believe a full sized missile will be used to intercept it Oderamus like you

Apparently it was biiigggg cheesy
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:37pm On Feb 15, 2013
Legit1: I hope we don't encounter one that will knock earth out of its orbit o shocked

I'd love one to crash into the national assembly when it's a full-house!......talk about divine intervention in our affairs.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by elampiro(m): 1:44pm On Feb 15, 2013
...and an asteroid will fly pretty close to earth today.

(CNN) -- Don't consider this a count-down to doomsday, but on February 15 an asteroid is going to come pretty close to Earth.
And this is only one of thousands of objects that are destined to one day enter our neighborhood in space.
"There are lots of asteroids that we're watching that we haven't yet ruled out an Earth impact, but all of them have an impact probability that is very, very low," Don Yeomans, manager of the Near-Earth Object Program Office at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, said at a press briefing.
This particular asteroid is called 2012 DA14. NASA scientists reiterated Thursday that people have nothing to worry about.

More http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/07/us/asteroid-approach-earth/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

CNN reported that the Meteorite was not caused by this earth approaching asteroid. They are two separate events.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

I'd love one to crash into the national assembly when it's a full-house!......talk about divine intervention in our affairs.

how will you feel if it fall on your family house when there is a ful house family reunion?
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Seun(m): 1:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by egregous: 2:04pm On Feb 15, 2013
another close-up from site
[img]http://img.nr2.ru/pict/arts1/r22/dop1/13/02/3.jpg[/img]
This is Russia !!!
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by earthrealm(m): 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2013
clowns!!!.intercepted by what?!!..a mi wetin?

choi..a meteor travels at speeds in excess of 60km/sec.the space shuttle which is abt the fastest rocket engine invented by humans travels at abt 11km/sec.....earths escape velocity hovers around 11-12km/sec...so even if the soviets hv a rocket capable of 25km/secs...intercepting and shooting down the meteor wud hv been near impossible............even if it was been tracked from space. the chances of succesfully tracking and taking it out are quite dim

1 Like

Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 15, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

Touché!
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by egregous: 2:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
earthrealm: clowns!!!.intercepted by what?!!..a mi wetin?

choi..a meteor travels at speeds in excess of 60km/sec.the space shuttle which is abt the fastest rocket engine invented by humans travels at abt 11km/sec.....earths escape velocity hovers around 11-12km/sec...so even if the soviets hv a rocket capable of 25km/secs...intercepting and shooting down the meteor wud hv been near impossible............even if it was been tracked from space. the chances of succesfully tracking and taking it out are quite dim

It can be intercepted by laser.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 15, 2013
Na Laugh: I bn just arrive back from this meteor stopping mission.
U kno.. Superman tinz.
Na to drink garri be the next mission now to regain my strength.

gringringringringringrin
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 15, 2013
earthrealm: clowns!!!.intercepted by what?!!..a mi wetin?

Time for mathematics everybody should bring out his or her calculator lets see since common sense is not enough to get us the ans.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by freenature: 2:41pm On Feb 15, 2013
I think there is an element of truth in this news .... for more confirmation pls visit http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21468116
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by TolaniLuv: 2:44pm On Feb 15, 2013
bababuff: Pastor Olukoya's prophecy, already coming true?

God please, protect your own in Nigeria.

Pastor Olukoya ko, Pastor Oloriburuku ni! It was on the News last week Saturday that something like this will happen on Friday in Asian. So, I can easily go on Nairaland and prophesy on this too.

I wasn't suprised tho! The scientist said on Friday in Asian, we thought Japan tho. Your pastor probably saw the news too.
Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by Rich4god(m): 3:02pm On Feb 15, 2013
@OP.. That crater was not caused by the meteor. It has been around for quite a long time now. The meteor didnt crate any crater, if at all it did, its not the one you uploaded. The one you uploaded was caused by gas reserve explosion.

1 Like

Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by seunny4lif(m): 3:03pm On Feb 15, 2013
kramer: See exaggeration!!! 400 injured?? Missile interception?? When is this movie availalable on HD DVD??
Guy,u no get dstv for house?Dem upload for u to watch abi u no dey see?Dis one na film?Some people sha.....It been uploaded by many cctv camera....So?

1 Like

Re: Meteorite Crashes In Russia. Intercepted By Missiles by kiyosaki1(m): 3:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
fe32: please there was no missile interception and yes it did happen. Observers are already watching closely another one expected to glaze the earth surface later today. That one is the size of an Olympic swimming pool
Thank you ma brother i read the news earlier on at www.dailymirror.co.uk and from what i read there is nothing like interception, but rather natural disintegration of larger particles which latter explodes mid-air

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Join GeoPoll and Earn Airtime Credit / What Do You Call This Domesticated Fowl In Your Dialect? / Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.