Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi (13204 Views)

Makoko Floating School, Lagos In Pictures / India's Answer To Nigeria's Makoko Floating School [pics] / A Floating School Proposed For Makoko Waterfront Slum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
Fashola should take his children to this school.Now we are gradually seeing those who want to take over from PDP that they are not better.Time will surely tell
Re: Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 15, 2013
Hmmmmmmmm. I no wan hear bad news say water don float the school far away from reach or the students felled inside the water. Abeg oooooooooooo make dem do am make e strong
Re: Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi by slimfit1(m): 8:15pm On Feb 15, 2013
Symphony007: This is exastubating a problem, rather than thinking of a way to give this people a better place to stay he's doubling down on their current condition. Makoko is a danger to lagos, the lagoon and even the inhabitants.

Most of the people there are fishermen, why don't the government provide specialized fishing boats for the fisherman who will now be employed by the government thereby creating revenue for government and in return build a council flat kind of little flats for the people with a modest income and makoko will be demolished, the remaining part of the shore will be used to build luxury condo's cause some rich folks will pay big time for a seaview residence..with this you've solved a lot of problems. Gotten rid of an eye sore, lifted some people out of poverty and created multiple source of income to the state.

Amazing idea respect.
Re: Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi by gluv01(f): 9:10pm On Feb 15, 2013
ba7man: Actually, you're the one that's wrong here. I'm an Architect and i tell you that building will last for decades if well maintained and proper seasoned wood is used. By the way, its cheaper and lighter(to aid floatation). The shacks they currently live in in Makoko is made of wood and it has survived decades, Ijaws build too using wood on water....Water side locations in South-East Asia also build on water using wood so its a worldwide practice.

Yes sir...I'm very sorry for my rude answer. You should have mentioned you are an architect, then I'll know that you know what you're saying. You know most of this Nlanders say stuffs and I most times reply them too. Thought u were one of such who always say the negative. So I'm really sorry sir. Forgiven? smiley
Re: Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi by gluv01(f): 9:17pm On Feb 15, 2013
Emusan:

@ bolded, as a constructionist; builder's are looking a way to eliminate heavy materials in construction that's why sky scrapers can be successful in construction today.

Again, in comparison of a ship with a house; Ship is a movable object (most inner walls of a ship is constructed with wood) while this one is a stationary structure. In conclusion, wood is one of the most lesser dense engineering materials. Here you can only talk about the maintainance.
#thanks

Noted wink
Re: Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi by Symphony007: 9:44pm On Feb 15, 2013
slim fit :

Amazing idea respect.
thank you very much!! I'm humbled by your compliments.
Re: Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 15, 2013
Mad Cow: One word to describe this; BRILLIANT AND INGENIOUS..
Is that one word........

Anyway lovely innovation....
Re: Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi by Sprumbaba: 10:10pm On Feb 15, 2013
pekelepekele: Where will the children's be playing during breaking time . Fashola likes doing unnecessary peculiar things (I don dey become Patrick Obaihgbon small small grin)
They will play inside the water now. You never play for water before? Just like you play in the swimming pool.
Re: Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi by ba7man(m): 10:24pm On Feb 15, 2013
gluv01:

Yes sir...I'm very sorry for my rude answer. You should have mentioned you are an architect, then I'll know that you know what you're saying. You know most of this Nlanders say stuffs and I most times reply them too. Thought u were one of such who always say the negative. So I'm really sorry sir. Forgiven? smiley
No problem miss, we're all guilty of unguarded utterances from time to time.
Re: Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi by Rex123(m): 11:22pm On Feb 15, 2013
gluv01: This is rubbish!!! angry Locally sourced wood instead of steel? Why don't they use steel used for building a normal ship? Are these people serious? shocked

The architectural work is great, but the materials used? it's a no!

They will only end up killing children...What if the tide comes? And is it rubber or plastic that will hold the boat(floating school) firm?
Steel is much more better as it can withstand the surge if any unexpected occurrence takes place...hmmm...NAija I hail o
#sense of reasoning#

abeg no vex o... which skul u go? ur reasoning is shallow
Re: Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi by gluv01(f): 1:05am On Feb 16, 2013
kiss
ba7man: No problem miss, we're all guilty of unguarded utterances from time to time.
Re: Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi by Princeemzzy(m): 1:49am On Feb 16, 2013
Hv u any sense of reasoning?use common sense when commenting
Re: Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi by Nobody: 6:40am On Feb 16, 2013
Fashola for president! angry
Fashola for FREAKING president!!! cry cry cry angry
Re: Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi by Ninilowo(m): 2:53pm On Feb 16, 2013
In case of HURRICANE MAKOKO wetin d sch community go do?
Re: Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi by matrixme(m): 3:35pm On Feb 16, 2013
Symphony007: This is exastubating a problem, rather than thinking of a way to give this people a better place to stay he's doubling down on their current condition. Makoko is a danger to lagos, the lagoon and even the inhabitants.

Most of the people there are fishermen, why don't the government provide specialized fishing boats for the fisherman who will now be employed by the government thereby creating revenue for government and in return build a council flat kind of little flats for the people with a modest income and makoko will be demolished, the remaining part of the shore will be used to build luxury condo's cause some rich folks will pay big time for a seaview residence..with this you've solved a lot of problems. Gotten rid of an eye sore, lifted some people out of poverty and created multiple source of income to the state.

I think your brilliant opinion is only theory sir! First of all, fishing from natural waters is no longer profitable, due to the greed of overfishing and perhaps, poverty. Also, getting people out of their ancestral land in a society like Africa is a bad omen. Given the fact that these wonderful people are not claiming some high brow area in Lagos, but water... haba! I think we ought to let them be or improve their condition. Also, when last have government resettlement programmes in today's Nigeria proven to be a success? Finally since the idea is new and initiated by an expert, why don't we just watch with an optimistic eye? Afterall, this is way better than doling out taxpayers money to a football team!
Re: Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi by dgb4(m): 12:13pm On Feb 18, 2013
swimming must be a pre-requiste to admit pupils in this school

There break time , na swimming time
Re: Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi by ForNow: 2:19pm On Feb 22, 2013
Demdem:

Fool, never knew ur parents are hopelessly useless. Anyway, thats not the issue for discussion here. This story only reminded me about the promise the Retardeen made about Floating cities here in ND. Av u seen any? ur post didnt say anything about it coward.

khuakhuakhuakhua, I dey laugh in vietnam. So e pain u. Eeeeyahhh, truth is bitter.
Re: Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi by Demdem(m): 4:44pm On Feb 22, 2013
For_Now:

khuakhuakhuakhua, I dey laugh in vietnam. So e pain u. Eeeeyahhh, truth is bitter.

Nope, U only made us know that ur parents are simply useless. remember u brought them to a public forum. Mine dey campe. cool
Besides they have nothing to do with the retardeen who made a promise and yet done nothing so far to actualise it.
Re: Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi by ForNow: 1:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
Demdem:

Nope, U only made us know that ur parents are simply useless. remember u brought them to a public forum. Mine dey campe. cool
Besides they have nothing to do with the retardeen who made a promise and yet done nothing so far to actualise it.

Retardeeeeenn, e don do oooooooo. With the rate at which u r going, make u know go hang yourself ooooooo.
Your parents "dey campe" and you are here displaying dis level of stupidity and lack of home training. Your retardeen parents really dey kampe for not being able to inculcate respect for your elders and constituted authority into you. The truth may be bitter, it is still the truth. Learn to be respectful.
Re: Floating School At Makoko By NLE & Kunle Adeyemi by Demdem(m): 4:31pm On Mar 04, 2013
For_Now:

Retardeeeeenn, e don do oooooooo. With the rate at which u r going, make u know go hang yourself ooooooo.
Your parents "dey campe" and you are here displaying dis level of stupidity and lack of home training. Your retardeen parents really dey kampe for not being able to inculcate respect for your elders and constituted authority into you. The truth may be bitter, it is still the truth. Learn to be respectful.

Fool, where are/were u when other leaders like tinubu, buhari, aregbe, ojukwu etc are constantly being called names? Did u bring in ur respect ur elders bullshit ? Now that its the time for the retardeen to be called his own, u are here talking jargons crying blue murder. U are such an hyprocrite. What is good for buhari, tinubu etc is also good for the kai kai infected brain from otuekpe. Besides some of these leaders have better brains than him.
Ffuck ur respect , the retardeen he remains. Deal with that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2008/2009 Post Ume For Nnamdi Azikiwe University / Redeemer’s Varsity Installs TY Danjuma As Chancellor / GOOD NEWS. Best Way To Check Ur JAMB Result Without Getting Errors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.