Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas (2525 Views)

N4.7bn Cars: Buhari Can’t Dictate To Us –n’assembly / Ex-Senate President Joseph Wayas Dumps PDP For APC / Buhari Can’t Be President Because He’s Not Computer Literate – Mimiko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by tomakint: 3:56pm On Feb 15, 2013
As Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) begins merger talks with other opposition parties, Second Republic Senate president, Dr. Joseph Wayas, has advised its presidential candidate in 2011 general elections, General Muhammad Buhari (retd) to perish the thought of becoming president in 2015 or beyond.

Wayas said Buhari lacked the democratic credentials to seek election as president having led a military coup, in December 1983 that sacked the democratically elected government of Alhaji Shehu Shagari. Wayas, who was Senate president when the coup plotters struck, told Daily Sun in Abuja that events that followed their sack had rubbished Buhari’s reasons for staging the coup.

According to Wayas, several years after, one of the key actors of the Buhari coup, the late General Sani Abacha, confessed to him that they (the coupists) were mistaken in the reasons they gave for sacking the Shagari government. “You know it was General Abacha who announced the coup. He told me that they made several attempts to pin something on me. When their investigations came to naught, they released me. But I had spent several years in prison, for no reason,” revealed Wayas.

The deposed Senate president ruled out the possibility of reconciling with Buhari, insisting there was no basis for that. “Once I went to see Abacha. As I was entering, he (Buhari) was leaving. When he saw me, he immediately offered his hand for a handshake. I ignored him. He passed on. Same with me,” said Wayas. He continued: “The next occasion was when Shagari was launching a book in Kaduna. Honestly, I don’t know why he (Buhari) chose to attend such a function.

This was Shagari’s chair. The next was mine, and beside mine was Buhari’s. Naturally I protested. Of course he tried to greet me. Again, I declined.” The former Senate president expressed bewilderment that, “the same man who sacked an elected government, 30 years ago, now wants to be elected president,” exclaiming, how ironic.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by pastie(m): 4:11pm On Feb 15, 2013
Good for them.
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by nuclearboy(m): 4:21pm On Feb 15, 2013
Yeah yea yea, Saul persecuted Jesus too, yet he later became the most "important" support for same Jesus!

and life continued! Just like now
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by tomakint: 4:28pm On Feb 15, 2013
nuclearboy: Yeah yea yea, Saul persecuted Jesus too, yet he later became the most "important" support for same Jesus!

and life continued! Just like now
That was SAUL, this is BUHARI and if you are a good Bible student you will agree with me that SAUL went through real spiritual cleansing before he became the admired and refined PAUL who was preaching the gospel he had earlier fought to the Gentiles. Another Saul in the old testament went through some processes to become King and despite the fact that God never wanted him (Saul) to be King over the Israelites because of his antecedents, which he even revealed to the Israelites through Prophet Samuel, yet they stubbornly held on their views to have him at all cost......and you and I know the eventual repercussions of having a Saul as King on the future dispensations of the Israelites. Thank you cool
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by nagoma(m): 4:49pm On Feb 15, 2013
And Shagari was the President but could forgive. Some guys think they are God and must never be offended. Go siddon , corrupt politician - ole. undecided I didn't even know that Wayas is still alive.
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by Sirniyeh(m): 7:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
Pls, can anybody tell me the age of this glutton called WAYA??
Infact, nigeria is at the brink of collapse if such leaders like waya, who reasons like caged lion, keep leading this nation. How can an old man be judging a man for a 30yrs old misbehavious? It shows that he is an agent of PDP. Foolish old man, still proud of ignoring buhari handshake! What an heartless man! Leave Buhari alone!
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by Sirniyeh(m): 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
Pls, can anybody tell me the age of this glutton called WAYA??
Infact, nigeria is at the brink of collapse if such leaders like waya, who reasons like caged lion, keep leading this nation. How can an old man be judging a man for a 30yrs old misbehavious? It shows that he is an agent of PDP. Foolish old man, still proud of ignoring buhari handshake! What an heartless man! Leave Buhari alone!.....
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by CROWE: 7:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
Children grow up and their behavior and thought patterns change through different stages of their development, fully formed men don't often change, Buhari was already ~40. Realistically speaking it is very unlikely that Buhari is that much different a person these days, he may be a bit more humble now because he doesn't have the same immunity he had back then.

He overthrew a democratically elected government because he could
He locked people up without evidence for years
The things he did while in power suggest he didn't even know what he was doing, he just disagreed with the previous government and decided to seize power for himself

It doesn't matter whether it was 30 years or 100 years ago, Buhari was a grown man and he took it upon himself to decide to fate of millions on his own whims, he knew exactly what he was getting himself into, he does not deserve the benefit of the doubt and neither you nor anybody has the right to ask Wayas to forgive Buhari until you have spent years in Nigerias prisons.

Your fondness/affection for Buhari is clouding your judgement.
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by Demdem(m): 8:02pm On Feb 15, 2013
Wayas reasons to me are so silly. This old guy needs to grow up. Nonsense.
Was Obj not part of those that staged a coup here in this country? Didn't he become President afterwards?
Foolish old man keeping malice simply for his own selfish reasons.
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by CROWE: 8:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
Demdem: Wayas reasons to me are so silly. This old guy needs to grow up. Nonsense.
Was Obj not part of those that staged a coup here in this country? Didn't he become President afterwards?
Foolish old man keeping malice simply for his own selfish reasons.

This is the problem with Nigerians, what he is saying is that Buhari rejected and ejected a democratically elected government and now he wants to himself be elected democratically, he didn't value democracy when he could disregard it and now he wants the people to elect him. Obasanjo did not overthrow a democratic government rather he stepped aside for one so how is that the same thing? Wayas reason may be silly but you cannot know that since clearly what he is saying escapes you.

Also, from what I have read on Obasanjo he did not overthrow neither Abacha nor Murtala Mohammed so cool of on accusing him of the crimes Buhari committed.
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by Gooogle(m): 8:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
This Tomakint is really trying oo,guess 2015 race has already started. Na you replace beef and co.?

You tried justifying your boss, it didnt work.

You are now disparaging the opposition and it is not working.
You need to do more to justify why tax payers money is been paid to you.
Aparently you need some more strategy session and training.

I know the next person would
be Tinubu etc.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by aurenflani: 8:40pm On Feb 15, 2013
CROWÉ: Children grow up and their behavior and thought patterns change through different stages of their development, fully formed men don't often change, Buhari was already ~40. Realistically speaking it is very unlikely that Buhari is that much different a person these days, he may be a bit more humble now because he doesn't have the same immunity he had back then.

He overthrew a democratically elected government because he could
He locked people up without evidence for years
The things he did while in power suggest he didn't even know what he was doing, he just disagreed with the previous government and decided to seize power for himself

It doesn't matter whether it was 30 years or 100 years ago, Buhari was a grown man and he took it upon himself to decide to fate of millions on his own whims, he knew exactly what he was getting himself into, he does not deserve the benefit of the doubt and neither you nor anybody has the right to ask Wayas to forgive Buhari until you have spent years in Nigerias prisons.

Your fondness/affection for Buhari is clouding your judgement.

It is a blatant lie. Buhari was made the head of state but he was not even among the coupists.
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by patimore: 8:41pm On Feb 15, 2013
Even when the clueless president had goodwill pre-2011 buhari still got over 10million votes coupled with all these lies in circulation then. Now that Nigerians are wiser and with the coming of the merger, the fisherman should start packing his load. Lapdogs will soon lose their only job
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by CROWE: 8:46pm On Feb 15, 2013
aurenflani:

It is a blatant lie. Buhari was made the head of state but he was not even among the coupists.

If you steal something and give it to me, taking it makes me an accomplice and party to you deed. Also, those people went to do a coup and they had no planned leader? Really? He may have been able to convince you that he wasn't it on it but he needs to sell a better story if he expects me to buy it.
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by nagoma(m): 9:01pm On Feb 15, 2013
CROWÉ:
This is the problem with Nigerians, what he is saying is that Buhari rejected and ejected a democratically elected government and now he wants to himself be elected democratically, he didn't value democracy when he could disregard it and now he wants the people to elect him. Obasanjo did not overthrow a democratic government rather he stepped aside for one so how is that the same thing? Wayas reason may be silly but you cannot know that since clearly what he is saying escapes you.
Also, from what I have read on Obasanjo he did not overthrow neither Abacha nor Murtala Mohammed so cool of on accusing him of the crimes Buhari committed.

You are really ignorant of Nigerias history. Obasanjo was Murtala's second in command because they overthrew Gowon when Murtala was assassinated obasanjo automatically became the head of state. As for the attempt to overthrow Abacha everybody knows that obasanjo was leading such a plan and did make the attempt. That is why he was inprisoned by Abacha. Only God knows how many coups he was involved in. Dont, give us that crap about stepping aside for democratic government. Was his third term bid not a failed coup?
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by superior1: 9:06pm On Feb 15, 2013
Gooogle: This Tomakint is really trying oo,guess 2015 race has already started. Na you replace beef and co.?

You tried justifying your boss, it didnt work.

You are now disparaging the opposition and it is not working.
You need to do more to justify why tax payers money is been paid to you.
Aparently you need some more strategy session and training.

I know the next person would
be Tinubu etc.

Bros, that APC merger dey give these guys serious headache ooo, no be small thing atol
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 15, 2013
thanks wayas!
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by Demdem(m): 10:55pm On Feb 15, 2013
[s]
CROWÉ:

[/s]

Complete crap. Ur effort to distort fact fell flat on ur face. It's on record that Buhari never initiated any coup. He was called upon to lead the govt after IBB and co decided to flush the shagari govt out.

Even if Obj never sent a democratic govt packing, its still on record that him and murtala are coup plotters also. Afterall, they overthrew an existing govt. That was my argument.
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by Demdem(m): 10:59pm On Feb 15, 2013
patimore: Even when the clueless president had goodwill pre-2011 buhari still got over 10million votes coupled with all these lies in circulation then. Now that Nigerians are wiser and with the coming of the merger, the fisherman should start packing his load. Lapdogs will soon lose their only job

Exactly, these lies aren't new. Fools are fond of circulating them every now and then. Infact Beaf did a good job in this regards in contrast to these present morrafuckers.
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 15, 2013
Demdem: [s][/s]

Complete crap. Ur effort to distort fact fell flat on ur face. It's on record that Buhari never initiated any coup. He was called upon to lead the govt after IBB and co decided to flush the shagari govt out.

Even if Obj never sent a democratic govt packing, its still on record that him and murtala are coup plotters also. Afterall, they overthrew an existing govt. That was my argument.

obasanjo was not part of the coup plotting
he was also dragged from under the bed where he was hiding by yar adua
and told to mount the head of state seat
we agree that both men committed a crime "by accessory", in that they benefitted from it
both should never hold any public office
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by Demdem(m): 11:05pm On Feb 15, 2013
CROWÉ:

If you steal something and give it to me, taking it makes me an accomplice and party to you deed. Also, those people went to do a coup and they had no planned leader? Really? He may have been able to convince you that he wasn't it on it but he needs to sell a better story if he expects me to buy it.

These are coup plotters who are in the majority. U are either for them or against them which may lead to death. Even if the general was to die, it surely won't be for the miserable, corrupt Shagari govt. Buhari wasn't desperate for power and that explains why it was very easy to boot him out by those who called upon him to govern.
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 15, 2013
Demdem:

These are coup plotters who are in the majority. U are either for them or against them which may lead to death. Even if the general was to die, it surely won't be for the miserable, corrupt Shagari govt. Buhari wasn't desperate for power and that explains why it was very easy to boot him out by those who called upon him to govern.

its like saying that a r.ap.ist was not desperate for pushaayy, and was quick to release his victim when other members of the gang needed the pushaay more than him.
una brain sef. undecided
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by Demdem(m): 11:10pm On Feb 15, 2013
re@lchange:

obasanjo was not part of the coup plotting
he was also dragged from under the bed where he was hiding by yar adua
and told to mount the head of state seat
we agree that both men committed a crime "by accessory", in that they benefitted from it
both should never hold any public office

Figment of ur distorted imagination. Go read Obj's book and hear from the farmers mouth himself of what transpired.
If Obj still benefited afterwards, then why not Buhari? Besides nothing in our law books suggest such. Ur stance is allien, null and void and should be thrashed.
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by Demdem(m): 11:12pm On Feb 15, 2013
re@lchange:

its like saying that a r.ap.ist was not desperate for pushaayy, and was quick to release his victim when other members of the gang needed the pushaay more than him.
una brain sef. undecided

Irrelevant and has no correlation to the subject matter. Apply ur brain better.
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 15, 2013
Demdem:

Figment of ur distorted imagination. Go read Obj's book and hear from the farmers mouth himself of what transpired.
If Obj still benefited afterwards, then why not Buhari? Besides nothing in our law books suggest such. Ur stance is allien, null and void and should be thrashed.

but even if obj account is right, are you so re.ta.rded that you cannot see that a crime is a crime and
must be punished for society to be sane and orderly?
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by Demdem(m): 11:22pm On Feb 15, 2013
re@lchange:

but even if obj account is right, are you so re.ta.rded that you cannot see that a crime is a crime and
must be punished for society to be sane and orderly?

Fool, who among ur present leaders at the center whom u worship is a saint? Should we start with the retardeen and all his attrocities in bayelsa as gov. Before then, let's start with his wife and Nancy ebere smuggling scandal.
Ediiot, am not looking for a saint to govern me. U can go ahead.
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 15, 2013
Demdem:

Fool, who among ur present leaders at the center whom u worship is a saint? Should we start with the retardeen and all his attrocities in bayelsa as gov. Before then, let's start with his wife and Nancy ebere smuggling scandal.
Ediiot, am not looking for a saint to govern me. U can go ahead.

you will have your islamic republic of boko haram where yaribas will continue their normal chores of fanning aboki's a.s.s in hell.
airheaded goat.
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by Demdem(m): 11:28pm On Feb 15, 2013
[s]
re@lchange:

you will have your islamic republic of boko haram where yaribas will continue their normal chores of fanning aboki's a.s.s in hell.
airheaded goat.

[/s]

Crap. Zero sense post from an empty head.
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 15, 2013
Demdem:

Crap. Zero sense post from an empty head.

who is empty headed? someone who thinks that all criminals should never be allowed to rule nigeria, no matter what,
or someone who thinks that criminals should rule as long as they are Yoruba or fulani?
goat.
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by Demdem(m): 11:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
re@lchange:

who is empty headed? someone who thinks that all criminals should never be allowed to rule nigeria, no matter what,
or someone who thinks that criminals should rule as long as they are Yoruba or fulani?
goat.

Fool, so in ur retardded state, ur present leader headed by the retardeen whose cocck u savour constantly isn't a criminal right? Having governed and nothing to show for it has governor. Hypocrite, u are just being foolish.
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 15, 2013
Demdem:

Fool, so in ur retarded state, ur present leader headed by the retardeen whose cocck u savour constantly isn't a criminal right? Having governed and nothing to show for it has governor. Hypocrite, u are just being foolish.

you are a goat because at least jonathan is not a dictator. he has allowed free and fair elections in nigeria since he came on
your brother the great thief obasanjo couldn't let that happen
the killed those who stood in his way
buhari will do the same or worse
once a dictator always a dictator!

goat head!
Re: Buhari Can’t Be President–Wayas by Demdem(m): 11:40pm On Feb 15, 2013
re@lchange:

you are a goat because at least jonathan is not a dictator. he has allowed free and fair elections in nigeria since he came on
your brother the great thief obasanjo couldn't let that happen
the killed those who stood in his way
buhari will do the same or worse
once a dictator always a dictator!

goat head!

Ur opinion fool. Normal lines from kai-kai infected brains down here at the ND. Used to it. grin
The bottom line is the retardeen remains a criminal as a result of his miserable past. Chew that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Has Jonathan Achieved Since He Came Into Politics? / Heavy Protest Happening At College Of Education Akwanga(live Pictures) / Ebola Virus: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.