Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

I Can Confirm Glo Is The Worst Phone Network In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Can Confirm Glo Is The Worst Phone Network In Nigeria (2356 Views)

What Is The Worst Phone You've Ever Used Or Cant Recommend? / List Of Cheap Data Subscription Codes For All Network In Nigeria / The Worst Phone You've Ever Used Or Cant Recommend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can Confirm Glo Is The Worst Phone Network In Nigeria by Tokotaya: 5:06pm On Feb 15, 2013
Anyone contemplating buying a Glo line, should please reconsider. You will regret it as I am doing right now.

First Headache
Some years ago, I had a Glo line I used very well. My experience was that they calculated their tariff in such a wierd way my credit went faster than it did on other lines I had. Anyway, I continued with them. Then, I travelled for a couple of months and the line stopped working. When I called it, it rang in someone else's hand. My other lines were still working. So I just moved on. I merely contacted my friends to delete that number as Globacom had given it to someone else. I stayed away from Glo for about 5 years.

Second Headache
In January of this year, I thought they might have improved. I changed a new Glo SIM I had in the house into a micro SIM to use in my Samsung Galaxy S3 in the first week of January. The customer care lady assured me it would start working in 3 hours. The promise was not kept and I had to call their Customer care line and argued with the operator who said he could not help because I didnt know the number. I argued it was a new SIM I never used, and that I took the new SIM to their GloWorld to register it and change it to microSIM. They entered all the details, the SIM's and mine, into their system. Consequently, he should be able to see the details he was asking me on their system. Apparently, he couldnt. Or perhaps, he didnt want to. I ended the call on an acrimonious note. On the verge of cutting my loss and going for another network, the line started working later.

Third Headache
I activated a weekly bundle and then loaded N200 naira for calls, making N208 with the balance on the phone. But I could not browse, even though the N400 meant for browsing was deducted immediately. I called CC again, they claimed their system was being maintained and could not see my account. I have called about six different times. Each time, the operator said their system was either being maintained or being upgraded and could not help.

Fourth Headache
User experience on Glo is horrible. Data service works in fits and starts. I currently have a monthly bundle, and I'm sure no refund will be given for the days the service is off. Meanwhile, my BB, which is on another network works perfectly. So, I endure Glo's horrible service. I switch to WIFI in the office.

Fifth Headache
Today, I bought a N1000 reacharge and accidentally scraped off some digits in the process. I called their CC for assistance. After collecting all the information, the lady said she could not help because their system was being maintained. I told her it is the same excuse they had been giving since the first week of January. This is more than a month, and they are still giving it. What sort of serious business does this? Yet they are zapping away customer's credit without any explanation. It's the last straw. I'm throwing the s-t-u-p-i-d sim away. But first, I'm going to find time to visit their horrible experience centre to make a holy noise about my N1,200 they want to steal. Certainly, this network is a 419 network, where money is stolen from people in order for their chairman to donate millions to government and footballers!
Re: I Can Confirm Glo Is The Worst Phone Network In Nigeria by Redoil: 6:00pm On Feb 15, 2013
I am having almost thesame problem as you except the microsim and i dont know what to do.
Re: I Can Confirm Glo Is The Worst Phone Network In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 15, 2013
For us in my area, the opposite had been the case. emptyHen and hellTel had been punishing me and several people in my area with above shabby treatment noted by the poster.
Re: I Can Confirm Glo Is The Worst Phone Network In Nigeria by Joe50(m): 9:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
am begining to hate glo cos of their call rate and useless browsing network.

Anyway, as for calling, i no longer use my glo to call, i use my airtel to call cos its cheap 4 me.

For the browsing, hmmm, glo is the worst in my area, G.R.A Benin city, i saw the post on NL Glo Blackberry plan on pc and other phone, i have subscribe twice on their soweek and coweek plan burning N800 for northing, the network is frustrating!!! Is not stable @all, sometimes it will b very fast and most of the time slower than snail despite there is full 3g signa strength.

I rather stick with my airtel 1gig for N1,200 for stable network in my area.

I dnt knw abt glo performance in other area, it might b ok there but in my side its rubbish despite there is full 3g service signa.
Re: I Can Confirm Glo Is The Worst Phone Network In Nigeria by luluosas(m): 12:10am On Feb 16, 2013
Joe50: am begining to hate glo cos of their call rate and useless browsing network.

Anyway, as for calling, i no longer use my glo to call, i use my airtel to call cos its cheap 4 me.

For the browsing, hmmm, glo is the worst in my area, G.R.A Benin city, i saw the post on NL Glo Blackberry plan on pc and other phone, i have subscribe twice on their soweek and coweek plan burning N800 for northing, the network is frustrating!!! Is not stable @all, sometimes it will b very fast and most of the time slower than snail despite there is full 3g signa strength.

I rather stick with my airtel 1gig for N1,200 for stable network in my area.

I dnt knw abt glo performance in other area, it might b ok there but in my side its rubbish despite there is full 3g service signa.
I will be coming home soon for the burial of my mother, then, I will be able to attest to the Glo internet service in Benin. Meanwhile, with 'ordinary' Edge in Yola, Glo is doing well.
Re: I Can Confirm Glo Is The Worst Phone Network In Nigeria by luluosas(m): 1:06am On Feb 16, 2013
Tokotaya: Anyone contemplating buying a Glo line, should please reconsider. You will regret it as I am doing right now.

First Headache
Some years ago, I had a Glo line I used very well. My experience was that they calculated their tariff in such a wierd way my credit went faster than it did on other lines I had. Anyway, I continued with them. Then, I travelled for a couple of months and the line stopped working. When I called it, it rang in someone else's hand. My other lines were still working. So I just moved on. I merely contacted my friends to delete that number as Globacom had given it to someone else. I stayed away from Glo for about 5 years.

Second Headache
In January of this year, I thought they might have improved. I changed a new Glo SIM I had in the house into a micro SIM to use in my Samsung Galaxy S3 in the first week of January. The customer care lady assured me it would start working in 3 hours. The promise was not kept and I had to call their Customer care line and argued with the operator who said he could not help because I didnt know the number. I argued it was a new SIM I never used, and that I took the new SIM to their GloWorld to register it and change it to microSIM. They entered all the details, the SIM's and mine, into their system. Consequently, he should be able to see the details he was asking me on their system. Apparently, he couldnt. Or perhaps, he didnt want to. I ended the call on an acrimonious note. On the verge of cutting my loss and going for another network, the line started working later.

Third Headache
I activated a weekly bundle and then loaded N200 naira for calls, making N208 with the balance on the phone. But I could not browse, even though the N400 meant for browsing was deducted immediately. I called CC again, they claimed their system was being maintained and could not see my account. I have called about six different times. Each time, the operator said their system was either being maintained or being upgraded and could not help.

Fourth Headache
User experience on Glo is horrible. Data service works in fits and starts. I currently have a monthly bundle, and I'm sure no refund will be given for the days the service is off. Meanwhile, my BB, which is on another network works perfectly. So, I endure Glo's horrible service. I switch to WIFI in the office.

Fifth Headache
Today, I bought a N1000 reacharge and accidentally scraped off some digits in the process. I called their CC for assistance. After collecting all the information, the lady said she could not help because their system was being maintained. I told her it is the same excuse they had been giving since the first week of January. This is more than a month, and they are still giving it. What sort of serious business does this? Yet they are zapping away customer's credit without any explanation. It's the last straw. I'm throwing the s-t-u-p-i-d sim away. But first, I'm going to find time to visit their horrible experience centre to make a holy noise about my N1,200 they want to steal. Certainly, this network is a 419 network, where money is stolen from people in order for their chairman to donate millions to government and footballers!
I was almost laughing while going through your outlined Headache. Don't mind me jare.
Now, although every single network in Nigeria have their one challenge and the other but, this does not warrant you to label Glo a 419 company and again, telling people to think otherwise should they ever be considering buying Glo lines.
In any case, yes, Glo customer care is nothing to write home about as regards helping customers to solve their challenging issues but sometimes, they lived up to expectations. I personally have issues with them. See my encounter with them here https://www.nairaland.com/1181977/how-nigerian-telecoms-providers-treats#14151383. To be honest, I no longer loads the line involved here, even though it's my MAIN line. https://www.nairaland.com/1181977/how-nigerian-telecoms-providers-treats

First Headache - Every network, not just Glo, do recycle old numbers. These are numbers that are no longer active for a specific period of time. They frequently do this by reassigning the same number out for sales with a new Serial number. They are still doing it till now. Imagine somebody telling last week that, her son is the owner of my new Glo Line, when she called. That line came with the Bolt modem I bought from Gloworld outlet. Therefore, no big deal here as your line may have been inactive for a very long time.

Second Headache - Well, to verify that you actually owns the said number, they will want you to prove it even though the information they are asking from you is right before them. Therefore, this is normal procedure in ascertaining true ownership of a Sim card. Meanwhile, the fact that your Sim card was activated immediately as they told you could be link to one thing. Any Glo registered lines will NEVER be activated until, the owner (you) activate it by calling any number with the line. I hope you are aware of this.

Third Headache - Yes, system under maintenance is a terrible excuses that Glo customer care representatives are employing to cover their inexperience in handling customers' complains. Moreover, asking/posting about your challenges in a forum like Nairaland could solve your problems. In this case, it may have been a minor setting or other things that could have resulted in your not able to browse after subscribing. Well, this is past now.

Fourth Headache - Well, this could be your location because, user experiences varies with locations across all the networks in Nigeria. I am not sure if Glo will ever refund you for the period your services were wack. Therefore, this is a loss on your side.

Fifth Headache - This complain is very common among Glo subscribers. I usually solved this problem asking the customer care representative to call-out the missing numbers for me, especially if I can see the last 5 digits. Meanwhile, this is never to late as I will advice you to lay the complain on their twitter page at www.twitter.com/GlobacomLimited as you may be attended to. Moreover, I, luluosas can buy the card from you and will pay after successful loading. You can think about it though.

On the whole, please, don't be in a hurry to break your Sim as you can never tell what happens tomorrow. God bless you and good night.
Re: I Can Confirm Glo Is The Worst Phone Network In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:09am On Feb 16, 2013
Guys i swear if i be magician ehh i for get my own network because all the network in 9ja are all thieves their own worst past government own, i believe the money wey some networks dey make a year past wetin some governors dey get a year... ETISALAT: dey deduct my money like witch, why MTN: dey try small but their network na hellllll.. Now talking about GLO: na useless network... But now i don break my glo sim throwaway because i get N500 recharge card and i no fit recharge...
NOTE:- pls if you re ready to give out a Airtel N500 recharge for a Glo N500 recharge just pm me!
Re: I Can Confirm Glo Is The Worst Phone Network In Nigeria by Tokotaya: 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2013
luluosas:
I was almost laughing while going through your outlined Headache. Don't mind me jare.
Now, although every single network in Nigeria have their one challenge and the other but, this does not warrant you to label Glo a 419 company and again, telling people to think otherwise should they ever be considering buying Glo lines.
In any case, yes, Glo customer care is nothing to write home about as regards helping customers to solve their challenging issues but sometimes, they lived up to expectations. I personally have issues with them. See my encounter with them here https://www.nairaland.com/1181977/how-nigerian-telecoms-providers-treats#14151383. To be honest, I no longer loads the line involved here, even though it's my MAIN line. https://www.nairaland.com/1181977/how-nigerian-telecoms-providers-treats

First Headache - Every network, not just Glo, do recycle old numbers. These are numbers that are no longer active for a specific period of time. They frequently do this by reassigning the same number out for sales with a new Serial number. They are still doing it till now. Imagine somebody telling last week that, her son is the owner of my new Glo Line, when she called. That line came with the Bolt modem I bought from Gloworld outlet. Therefore, no big deal here as your line may have been inactive for a very long time.

Second Headache - Well, to verify that you actually owns the said number, they will want you to prove it even though the information they are asking from you is right before them. Therefore, this is normal procedure in ascertaining true ownership of a Sim card. Meanwhile, the fact that your Sim card was activated immediately as they told you could be link to one thing. Any Glo registered lines will NEVER be activated until, the owner (you) activate it by calling any number with the line. I hope you are aware of this.

Third Headache - Yes, system under maintenance is a terrible excuses that Glo customer care representatives are employing to cover their inexperience in handling customers' complains. Moreover, asking/posting about your challenges in a forum like Nairaland could solve your problems. In this case, it may have been a minor setting or other things that could have resulted in your not able to browse after subscribing. Well, this is past now.

Fourth Headache - Well, this could be your location because, user experiences varies with locations across all the networks in Nigeria. I am not sure if Glo will ever refund you for the period your services were wack. Therefore, this is a loss on your side.

Fifth Headache - This complain is very common among Glo subscribers. I usually solved this problem asking the customer care representative to call-out the missing numbers for me, especially if I can see the last 5 digits. Meanwhile, this is never to late as I will advice you to lay the complain on their twitter page at www.twitter.com/GlobacomLimited as you may be attended to. Moreover, I, luluosas can buy the card from you and will pay after successful loading. You can think about it though.

On the whole, please, don't be in a hurry to break your Sim as you can never tell what happens tomorrow. God bless you and good night.
I have finally figured the PIN
Thanks for ur post and offer, bros.
Re: I Can Confirm Glo Is The Worst Phone Network In Nigeria by Tokotaya: 8:31pm On Feb 17, 2013
luluosas:

I have finally figured the PIN
Thanks for ur post and offer, bros. I have finally figured out the recharge card PIN and loaded it. But that is not to say I will not end the abusive relationship. Imagine since Friday , data service just returned. Probably faults dont get cleared until d big man's consent is got. Typical!
Re: I Can Confirm Glo Is The Worst Phone Network In Nigeria by luluosas(m): 9:58pm On Feb 17, 2013
Tokotaya: I have finally figured the PIN
Thanks for ur post and offer, bros. I have finally figured out the recharge card PIN and loaded it. But that is not to say I will not end the abusive relationship. Imagine since Friday , data service just returned. Probably faults dont get cleared until d big man's consent is got. Typical!
Congratulations, at long last. Very sorry for all the inconveniences Glo cost you.

(1) (Reply)

Which Network Is The Best For Browsing? / Airtel Nigeria 100 Naira Whatsapp Package / Tecno Phantom Pad Mini -more Portable And Cheaper With Flash! -mymobnet!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.