Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! (20136 Views)

They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? / Why A First Class Graduate Might Not Get A Job? / Unemployed Graduate Advertises CV On Billboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by Maxymilliano(m): 11:36pm On Feb 15, 2013
There was this story on Nairaland sometimes ago about an unemployed graduate who spent his last £500 on billboard begging for job in the UK, the story has changed now as he's gainfully employed and using same medium to say 'Thank you'...

"He made headlines around the world after using his last £500 on a huge billboard advert begging employers to give him a job.

And it appears the ploy paid off after 24-year-old Adam Pacitti landed a position with a top media firm.

Delighted with his new employed status, Mr Pacitti has now used his first pay packet to fund another huge billboard in Shoreditch, London, reading: ' I spent my first wage packet on this billboard. Thank you for helping me.'

Mr Pacitti came up with the idea of the billboard advert after months and months of searching for work.

The billboard in Shoreditch, London, featured a picture of Mr Pacitti with the message: 'I spent my last £500 on this billboard, please give me a job.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2279261/Adam-Pacitti-spent-500-billboard-begging-job-spends-pay-packet-say-thanks.html

2 Likes

Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by Maxymilliano(m): 8:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
~

1 Like

Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by 1forall: 1:25am On Apr 23, 2013
The story of the 1st billboard when he was desperate for a job was also posted here.
It's good to see a positive outcome from his 'hustle'.
Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by Nobody: 4:22am On Apr 23, 2013
He showed appreciation to God,the public,and his employer.

Nice initiative,he was creative,and it paid off.

Unlike some people who would be blaming the witches in their village for their misfortune in life.

4 Likes

Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by honeric01(m): 6:28am On Apr 23, 2013
if i were him, i'd turn that his website to a job directory website where employers and employee come to.

A business has just began.

3 Likes

Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by baynix(m): 6:31am On Apr 23, 2013
Make Him Put Am For Whr Him Village Winch Dey Pass Na!! undecided undecided The Story Go Change Again!!

2 Likes

Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by fr3do(m): 6:50am On Apr 23, 2013
He is grateful
dats virtuous
Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by kross01(m): 8:04am On Apr 23, 2013
honeric01: if i were him, i'd turn that his website to a job directory website where employers and employee come to.

A business has just began.

seriously, did you really read the article at all?? Just asking though cos 'm yet to correlate billboard & website.

2 Likes

Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by honeric01(m): 8:12am On Apr 23, 2013
kross_01:

seriously, did you really read the article at all?? Just asking though cos 'm yet to correlate billboard & website.

i read it sir, i'm just saying apart from the job he got, his website can also be turned to a business empire with the awareness it has gathered during the period he was jobless.

4 Likes

Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by Tlolu: 8:16am On Apr 23, 2013
[quote author=kross_01]

seriously, did you really read the article at all?? Just asking though cos 'm yet to correlate billboard & website. kross 01 i think what he was talking about is the employadam.com address that he placed on the billboard.
Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by SlyIg(f): 8:32am On Apr 23, 2013
If its Naija, his first bill board would have been blown off by now.
No one would have given him a damn...
I thank God for him.

1 Like

Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by jhydebaba(m): 10:49am On Apr 23, 2013
Watchout for my billboard too.

Wait oh!

It doesn't work like that here in Nigeria.

The only language our leaders/employers understand is VIOLENCE
Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by lifestyle1(m): 10:56am On Apr 23, 2013
The guy is creative, with such creativity and talent he should be his own boss....
Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by fitzmayowa: 10:58am On Apr 23, 2013
grin

1 Like

Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by adeyak83(m): 10:59am On Apr 23, 2013
i'm happy for him jare!
Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by 2NDACCT(f): 11:04am On Apr 23, 2013
IF U BLIV,U CAN ACHIEVE

1 Like

Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by rosamaris: 11:05am On Apr 23, 2013
If man can do this for a fellow man just to get favour which eventually paid off how much more will God do to us if we give our all to him. It was a risk that yielded bountiful returns.

1 Like

Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 23, 2013
shoutOut to all those naija guys wey go like copy this idea......ogbeni e no go work

2 Likes

Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by Gudiza(m): 11:11am On Apr 23, 2013
hilarious.

@Movingcoil: some crassness!
Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 23, 2013
Dis is crazy
Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by tinuolababy(f): 11:31am On Apr 23, 2013
baynix: Make Him Put Am For Whr Him Village Winch Dey Pass Na!! undecided undecided The Story Go Change Again!!

cheesy cheesy
Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 23, 2013
Yomieluv: He showed appreciation to God,the public,and his employer.

Nice initiative,he was creative,and it paid off.

Unlike some people who would be blaming the witches in their village for their misfortune in life.
Where did u see God in d picture??

1 Like

Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 23, 2013
@moving coil, what do u think u just did?
Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by Innodon(m): 11:39am On Apr 23, 2013
Look out for my own Billboard on Nairaland. Coming soon......
Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:40am On Apr 23, 2013
It ll soon start in Nigeria.
Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 23, 2013
Moving coil, are u sure you're okay?? Pls go use ur drugs abeg! angry
Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by dederocs(m): 11:43am On Apr 23, 2013
smart dude.see how he geared up in suit while looking for the job.nice post. smiley
this guy will make it big cos he have the mind of investing in his future.
Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 23, 2013
booqee: Moving coil, are u sure you're okay?? Pls go use ur drugs abeg! angry
The guy that quoted him should take x12 of whatever tablet he takes. Smh.
Re: Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:46am On Apr 23, 2013
Dis is madness !!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

2014 Nigerian Navy Recruitment Exercise Result Is Out / I Have Changed Since I Got A Job / 2017 Microsoft Graduate Internship Recruitment (interns4afrika Program)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.