Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,336 members, 7,864,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:35 PM

Class/meta Class - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Class/meta Class (820 Views)

Meta Tags Analyzer / Meta Tag Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Class/meta Class by chiefololade: 7:52am On Feb 16, 2013
Please can anyone help me on the difference between a class and a metaclass in C++, the words seems ambigous to me.
Re: Class/meta Class by lordZOUGA(m): 12:22pm On Feb 16, 2013
C++ does not support metaclasses by default
Re: Class/meta Class by WhiZTiM(m): 7:01pm On Feb 19, 2013
well
Metaclasses are classes that, based on design, are capable of creating a mutuated version of a class, or an entirely new type of class... Which is used in your live working program... Real metaclasses do so on the fly. i.e, while your code is running...

Now, unto C++, ... @LordZouga is right..
Lemme clear some air...
...You'll hardly ever want real metaclasses in C++ like the type in Python... For C++, its like attempting to use juju(nigerian black magic) in your codes.

Though, you can emulate meta classes statically... But that may involve a lot of gymnastics with macros or ...the use of your metaclass' specific precompiler...
...these little emulations are mostly found in libraries for creating abstract state machines or cross platform libraries
but for the most of it,
...better primitives are available for dynamic Programming in C++...
Maybe you should get to read the concepts of
Resource Acquisition Is
Initialization (RAII), and Run - Time Type Identification (RTTI)... Understand them as simple as they are along with generic programming and API development...
This would help you write a software that is broadly applicable for its future use either by little upgrades, or attachment routines using the API...

2 Likes

Re: Class/meta Class by chiefololade: 7:37am On Feb 21, 2013
Thanks so much to u guys, I really appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

A Simple Solution To J2me Scroll Bar / The Single Most Valuable Document In The History Of The World / All Programmer Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.