Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,214 members, 7,815,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Inordinate Fanfare About Eagles' Victory. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Inordinate Fanfare About Eagles' Victory. (689 Views)

Sunday Oliseh's Tweet Over Super Eagles Victory Against Cameroun / Women Praying And Holding TV For Eagles Victory / NFF Thanks T.B Joshua For Eagles Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inordinate Fanfare About Eagles' Victory. by Serendipity: 6:50pm On Feb 16, 2013
I am no football aficionado but was particularly stoked by Eagles' victory. I was equally excited that the government and philanthropists like Dangote appreciated them for making us proud.

However, at a time in the continnum, the appreciation and attention became excessive when compared with that we give to achievers in other fields of human endeavour like education.
We have indubitably relegated these other areas to the background.
For instane, lately, the best student in WAEC exams was given 40,000 naira. Such paltry pittance, though laudable, cannot constitute enough incentive for other students to aim at such feat.
The best Nigerian Law School student in October 2010 was Mr. Chinedu Victor Okpala. While conferring with him, I learnt that he was given only a plaque with no farthing attached to it. Were this kind of feat to be achieved by someone in entertainment or other field, he would have been handsomely rewarded. MTN. GLO and ETISALAT would have made him an ambassador.
My stance shouln't be miscontrued. It was apt and felicitous that the Eagles were rewarded. But I think the thing is becoming excessively overmuch with millions, houses, renaming of stadium etc.
I think this kind of incentive should be put in other sectors for 'virtu media stat'.
Re: Inordinate Fanfare About Eagles' Victory. by enlady(f): 8:12pm On Feb 16, 2013
@ poster, sorry o. Just make plans to play football from kindergaten in your next life!
Re: Inordinate Fanfare About Eagles' Victory. by Serendipity: 9:33pm On Feb 16, 2013
enlady: @ poster, sorry o. Just make plans to play football from kindergaten in your next life!
Stop being evasive. Who is talking about playing football or not?
Re: Inordinate Fanfare About Eagles' Victory. by Serendipity: 6:47pm On Feb 18, 2013
enlady: @ poster, sorry o. Just make plans to play football from kindergaten in your next life!
Re: Inordinate Fanfare About Eagles' Victory. by deb(m): 7:02pm On Feb 18, 2013
Life they say is not fair. Football touches the emotion of many unlike those other professions.
sorry cry angry sad tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Inordinate Fanfare About Eagles' Victory. by Soloblincus(m): 11:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
My friend, those people u mentioned achieved dose tins in nig while se conquered africa.
Re: Inordinate Fanfare About Eagles' Victory. by Serendipity: 2:11pm On Feb 21, 2013
deb: Life they say is not fair. Football touches the emotion of many unlike those other professions.
not about fairness.
Re: Inordinate Fanfare About Eagles' Victory. by Serendipity: 9:54am On Feb 28, 2013
deb: Life they say is not fair. Football touches the emotion of many unlike those other professions.
i can't figure out how it does that
Re: Inordinate Fanfare About Eagles' Victory. by Umunede(m): 6:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
Serendipity: I am no football aficionado but was particularly stoked by Eagles' victory. I was equally excited that the government and philanthropists like Dangote appreciated them for making us proud.

However, at a time in the continnum, the appreciation and attention became excessive when compared with that we give to achievers in other fields of human endeavour like education.
We have indubitably relegated these other areas to the background.
For instane, lately, the best student in WAEC exams was given 40,000 naira. Such paltry pittance, though laudable, cannot constitute enough incentive for other students to aim at such feat.
The best Nigerian Law School student in October 2010 was Mr. Chinedu Victor Okpala. While conferring with him, I learnt that he was given only a plaque with no farthing attached to it. Were this kind of feat to be achieved by someone in entertainment or other field, he would have been handsomely rewarded. MTN. GLO and ETISALAT would have made him an ambassador.
My stance shouln't be miscontrued. It was apt and felicitous that the Eagles were rewarded. But I think the thing is becoming excessively overmuch with millions, houses, renaming of stadium etc.
I think this kind of incentive should be put in other sectors for 'virtu media stat'.

what this victory has done to the image of our nation, those other things can't do. Can't u see that those ghanaians and others like abrantie and petrodollar don't insult us again. We are now respected all over africa as african champions

1 Like

Re: Inordinate Fanfare About Eagles' Victory. by Serendipity: 1:50pm On Mar 03, 2013
Soloblincus: My friend, those people u mentioned achieved dose tins in nig while se conquered africa.
Your post is diffuse

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Defender, godfrey Oboabona Is currently Attracted By european Clubs / Morinho Back To Chelsea / Top Five: Greatest Left-midfielders Of All-time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.