Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

All These Millions For The Super Eagles; Do They Really Deserve That Much? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All These Millions For The Super Eagles; Do They Really Deserve That Much? (635 Views)

Can Super Eagles Do With Out Mikel? / Nigeria Vs Uruguay "Super Eagles, Do It For Africa!" - Asamoah Gyan / Nigeria-uruguay: "Super Eagles, Do It For Africa!" -- Ghana Striker Asamoah Gyan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All These Millions For The Super Eagles; Do They Really Deserve That Much? by bennynaza(m): 8:29pm On Feb 16, 2013
At the risk of sounding envious, i still ask;
Great they won d cup for us after 19yrs, and deserve gifts and awards frm the government. But considering that apart from the federal govt's largesse, they have rake in further millions frm Fashola, Uduaghan, Amaechi, Dangote, Adenuga etc, it begs the question; Are these guys not over rewarded for doing their jobs?
Re: All These Millions For The Super Eagles; Do They Really Deserve That Much? by chux4liv(m): 8:46pm On Feb 16, 2013
JONATHAN AND HIS IRRESPONSIBLE RAIN OF GIFT
SUPER EAGLES JUICY MILLIONS CASH AND LAND REWARDS IS AN INJUSTICE TO US - Retired Soldiers tells Jonathan.
I made it clear that the gift given to the super eagles by Jonathan and his men wastotally irresponsible to a sane man. It may be good to insane people anyway. The Super Eagles of Nigeria went to the Nations Cup and won gold. The total price money for the winner of the Nations Cup is#225 Million. The supper eagles returned and the president and his men showered them with a cash gift of about #440 Million(Jonathan #150M, Adenuga and Elumeleu#150M, Dangote #140M) and one plot of land each to the 23 players, coaches and allofficials in Abuja worth about #20M each and various national awards. A man when to a competition and won #225M and you try to appreciate their effort with a gift in cash to the tune of #440M and plots of land worth more than the total cash given, with various national awards. This is just in Abuja, many state governors like Gov Uduaghan are still giving houses, plots of land, cash and state honour. This is happening at a time that the government is owing military pensioners in the guise of there is no money to pay their pension. How do you tell these old men that you have no money to pay them while you are splashing cash necessarily and irresponsibly. I do not have issues with giving the Super eagles gifts to appreciate them for doing a good job, but i have problem with giving some sort of stupid and irresponsible gift. I President Jonathanruns a private company and his company does well and makes profit of #100Million in a year and he feels he wants to appreciate the staff. Can he throw a party worth #500Million for his workers who have made a profit of #100 million? Is this the way, Spain, Brazil and all those who have won the world cup celebrated theirs?THIS GOVERNMENT IS IRRESPONSIBLE AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT GOVERNANCE IS ALL ABOUT
Re: All These Millions For The Super Eagles; Do They Really Deserve That Much? by TimePiece(f): 9:27pm On Feb 16, 2013
I'm with both of you, poster & chuk4liv, on this.
Even before the "offering bag" got to the governors, I questioned the economic worth of the win that they had to get cash, land and National awards for.
I'm not against rewarding them but the extent to which it has gone. What about playing for National pride? Isn't that what we should be taught?
It has gone political and totally out of hand especially since all states' governors are scrambling to have their name in the "register". It is really funny and I find it totally embarassing.
I now get worried for tomorrow because fighting to be in the National team might be like vying for a political office

And to even think that in the midst of all these, there are more pressing issue! SMH
Re: All These Millions For The Super Eagles; Do They Really Deserve That Much? by Bacteriocin(m): 12:08am On Feb 17, 2013
In abnormal society, abnormalities become norms.
Majority of these people giving them gifts are hypocrites.
All na eye service
Re: All These Millions For The Super Eagles; Do They Really Deserve That Much? by bennynaza(m): 7:55pm On Feb 26, 2013
you see

(1) (Reply)

Flying Eagles Beat Egypt 3-1 / 10 Life Lessons From Nigeria’s AFCON Victory / Nwankwo Kanu Loses N1.4 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.