Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Identify The Best And Quality Tire For Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Identify The Best And Quality Tire For Car (1668 Views)

How To Determine The Age Of A Car Tire (Photos) / Tips for car owners and those who are looking for a car! / Detergent Or Liquid Soap For Car Wash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Identify The Best And Quality Tire For Car by ganagagi: 9:29pm On Feb 16, 2013
pls how do i identify the best and quality tire for car
Re: Identify The Best And Quality Tire For Car by sultaan(m): 1:41am On Feb 17, 2013
It should be written on the sidewall of the tire if you can read the label.

Check the link, talks about the ratings based on wear, traction, and ability of tire to withstand temperature.

http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shoppers/Tires/Tires+Rating

If your tire is made in chine underground market, goodluck.
Re: Identify The Best And Quality Tire For Car by universalbets(m): 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2013
@Op
I agree tyres are expensive. I dont know if the local plants still manufacture tyres?

I will suggest you stick to popular brands with good quality contol and proven track record of producing good quality tyres.

You might be looking at the following:

1. Michelin
2. Dunlop

The above are quite good for cars. if you looking at SUVs you might consider:
1. Pirelli
2. Continental

Be cautious in the open market when buying all alternates.
Purchase from trusted dealers so if you ever have issues you can always go back to them.

If you can afford it avoid fairly used. (it used to be okay when upon visual inspection and coin check you find some with some miles to go) These days anything goes and they are the frequent cause of tyre bursts.

@Sultaan
Nice one
Re: Identify The Best And Quality Tire For Car by cecegorz(m): 8:04pm On Feb 17, 2013
I bought 4 new MAXXIS Tyres from the Authorized dealer during the Lagos int'l trade fair of 2011.
Having flogged the Tyres up and down Naija roads, they still look minty, and never had a single issue.
I can't remember the name of the dealer though, because I'm sure those criminal minded traders will likely have the fake China versions on display.
Re: Identify The Best And Quality Tire For Car by hen6kay(m): 9:53am On Mar 03, 2013
cecegorz: I bought 4 new MAXXIS Tyres from the Authorized dealer during the Lagos int'l trade fair of 2011.
Having flogged the Tyres up and down Naija roads, they still look minty, and never had a single issue.
I can't remember the name of the dealer though, because I'm sure those criminal minded traders will likely have the fake China versions on display.

Pls, can u giv me d contact of d Maxxis Tyre Dealer?

(1) (Reply)

Golf 3 Gearbox / Breaking! Finally A Locally Made Aba Keke Surface In Town-pics / HONDA End Of Discussion For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.