Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,041 members, 7,835,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. (18865 Views)

Biochemists,biochemistry Students And Aspirants.lets Meet Here / What Are The Employment Oppurtunities For Biochemists In Nigeria Today ? / Any Biochemists In The House Plssssssssss Help! (urgent)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2013
imperiouxx:

Yea, and how their products are channeled to various other pathways. Everything would be connected at 400L, then you see that the whole Biochemical reaction in cell is like an electric circuit board.

The NAs can be formed from or converted to TCA metabolites but their main fate is to make nucleotides/nucleosides/cofactors/vitamins/coenzymes.

Thats cool, well am a final year medical lab science student, i studied chemical pathology/ clinical chemistry, what i can say it is just medical biochemistry but we dont study much of the biochemical pathways, we just study investigation of diseases associated with body fluids, functional test of organs, enzymology, pharmacology n toxicology, endocrinology,vitaminology, metabolic disorders.
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by imperiouxx(m): 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
Emzybrown:

Thats cool, well am a final year medical lab science student, i studied chemical pathology/ clinical chemistry, what i can say it is just medical biochemistry but we dont study much of the biochemical pathways, we just study investigation of diseases associated with body fluids, functional test of organs, enzymology, pharmacology n toxicology, endocrinology,vitaminology, metabolic disorders.

That's nice.
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2013
Hey guys ..hope you all are doing fine?? kiss kiss
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
vivichocs: Hey guys ..hope you all are doing fine?? kiss kiss

we are good my lady, how have you been? how is the strike going your side?
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
Emzybrown:

we are good my lady, how have you been? how is the strike going your side?
I'm good...I'm not a student buh a corper..

You are a student i guess, i advise you take full advantage of this strike by learning a skill or finding a job no matter how small, just gain the experience or going for computer lesson or whatever you think may be useful to you..cheers
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
vivichocs: I'm good...I'm not a student buh a corper..

You are a student i guess, i advise you take full advantage of this strike by learning a skill or finding a job no matter how small, just gain the experience or going for computer lesson or whatever you think may be useful to you..cheers

Thanks i am in my finals though i suppose to have graduated by july, well for i just dey home but am not lazy, am reading heavily virtually everything i can lay my hands on, i write my book also but sometimes loneliness makes me crazy, There is no job to do here, i live in a quiet neighborhood, I am quite good in some computer programmes, i use this opportunity to prepare for my future internship exam and my forthcoming professional exam.
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by iyke52(m): 2:08pm On Oct 31, 2013
vivichocs: My fellow biochemists, let's come 2gether here and share ideas on hw to better ourselves/ career..Do we really hv a chance in this country ? sometimes, i just ponder on this questn....i hardly hear a Biochemist got a job with Chevron ,Total..etc....pls, let's enligten ourselves on the professional courses to take inorder to equip our CVs and be eligible for jobs
in national or multinational companies..

pls, i ll like more emphasis as regards our opportunities in this country... LETS KEEP IT COMING ..
biochem is a dead course in nigeria..go study medcine,pharmacy or dentistry...90 percent of graduate biochemists end up teachn in secondary or primary skuls...my biology teacher in secondary school was a biochemist...poor,sad,depressed dude with regrets..he said the biggest was studying bch...u guys get paid peanuts..so better try jamb again b4 itz too late
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by iyke52(m): 2:08pm On Oct 31, 2013
vivichocs: My fellow biochemists, let's come 2gether here and share ideas on hw to better ourselves/ career..Do we really hv a chance in this country ? sometimes, i just ponder on this questn....i hardly hear a Biochemist got a job with Chevron ,Total..etc....pls, let's enligten ourselves on the professional courses to take inorder to equip our CVs and be eligible for jobs
in national or multinational companies..

pls, i ll like more emphasis as regards our opportunities in this country... LETS KEEP IT COMING ..
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 31, 2013
iyke52: biochem is a dead course in nigeria..go study medcine,pharmacy or dentistry...90 percent of graduate biochemists end up teachn in secondary or primary skuls...my biology teacher in secondary school was a biochemist...poor,sad,depressed dude with regrets..he said the biggest was studying bch...u guys get paid peanuts..so better try jamb again b4 itz too late
Hmmmmm,sorry to say but u sound like a kid..tht your so called teacher didnt make it doesnt mean others won't, ok? I understand the prospects are quite few but there are a lot of biochemists earning well in food industries,pharmaceuticals, nafdac, NNPC, research Institutes, Ndlea,some govt. Ministries ,etc..

tanx for your contributions anywy...

2 Likes

Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 31, 2013
vivichocs: Hmmmmm,sorry to say but u sound like a kid..tht your so called teacher didnt make it doesnt mean others won't, ok? I understand the prospects are quite few but there are a lot of biochemists earning well in food industries,pharmaceuticals, nafdac, NNPC, research Institutes, Ndlea,some govt. Ministries ,etc..

tanx for your contributions anywy...

Vivi dont mind the lil dude, i even i know of a poor doctor who couldn't continue practice, the man started business. What you study alone doesn't guaranty you a bright future, i know many jobless engineers, lawyers, nurses, pharmacists.. So everything boils down to hardwork and sheer luck.
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
Emzybrown:

Vivi dont mind the lil dude, i even i know of a poor doctor who couldn't continue practice, the man started business. What you study alone doesn't guaranty you a bright future, i know many jobless engineers, lawyers, nurses, pharmacists.. So everything boils down to hardwork and sheer luck.
exactly, ur course doesn't guarantee a good job....
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by lizmovic(m): 7:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
I am a 300lvl biochemistry student in UNILORIN, currently maintaining a Cgpa of 2.93. What advice do you have for me, for now and nearest future. I got admitted on merit into dept.nursings, i guess the immaturity didn't help cuz i had to effect a transfer having not met the requirements for the program. I have maintained 2.2 eva since. Physics and maths my major problems.

Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by lizmovic(m): 8:09am On Jul 21, 2015
I am a 300lvl biochemistry student in UNILORIN, currently maintaining a Cgpa of 2.93. What advice do you have for me, for now and nearest future. I got admitted on merit into dept.nursings, i guess the immaturity didn't help cuz i had to effect a transfer having not met the requirements for the program. I have maintained 2.2 eva since. Physics and maths my major problem
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by ajoskele(m): 11:34pm On Jul 27, 2015
Where are the other Biochemists here?
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by hitchowoyemi(m): 8:05am On Sep 16, 2015
Ola, 400L, Bells Uni of Technology Ota! Greatest NABSites! (Great!) .. I've learnt that It's best you Memorize in Biochemistry than mere Cramming. One is safer that way. Passion matters a lot. And if you've been wondering where u would be able to secure a Job in this entourage (Nigeria):
Reasearch Institutes (e.g FIIRO), NDLEA (National Drug Law Enforcement Agency), NNPC (as Quality assurance Personnel), College Hospitals, Food and Drug Companies, NAFDAC, Academics (as a Lecturer), Nigerian Secret Service and Armed force ( as Forensic analysts and Crime analyst), and d list goes on and on..
Abroad, there are many opportunities, Best of which is the area of Forensics!
But one's greatest strength is Passion, Hard work, focus, patience, perseverance, persistence, resolute mind, Luck and God! ... May d DNA continue to retain its name in 200 years to come! #peace! #Africa. 2BB66181, IG, FBB and Twitter: Hitchowoyemi

1 Like

Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
Biochemist in the house,a proudly membership...lets navigates chemically into acetyl coA, Amino metabolism and various chemical production of industrial applications. Also, what biochemistry stands in our today's world.
Graduated in 2010.

Pls,front page.

1 Like

Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by jaytwo: 7:23pm On Oct 23, 2016
This thread I found extremely informative. Can anyone kindly explain the industrial prospective of PhD in Enzymology? Secondly Is there any lab in Nigeria where bench work relating to cancer ca b carried out? If any Pls where is th location?
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by MissBee2k13: 8:47am On Dec 23, 2016
Fellow Metabolites,i Hail O.
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by owenman(m): 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2017
Am a public health student..

Tho my course combines microbiology and biochemistry...
I hv little knoweledge of it..i applied for biochemistry but ended up in public health..
Re: BIOCHEMISTS: Lets Meet Here Pls.. by noblechoco(f): 8:44am On Aug 24, 2021
Pls what's the diff. between industrial biochemistry and industrial chemistry?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15 Signs You Have A Bad Boss / OpenAI (ChatGPT) Sacks Sam Altman (CEO) / It Certification From The British Computer Society Equivalent To Bsc From Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.