Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,381 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme (9658 Views)

Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 / Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal / Dangote Graduate Drivers Trainee Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by Frosti(m): 3:30pm On Feb 17, 2013
How much is their salary?
Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by motif8(m): 3:39pm On Feb 17, 2013
bory09: I thought work like bank manager post, oil company work and good work like that deserve excess trial and consistency to get by the graduate. So driver job is now something to strive and sweat before you get by a whole graduate for that matter. If somebody tell them when they ar in the university that driver is what their certificate will earned then they will be rejecting it. Now see what have happen i know among them will be docter, lawyer, engineer, accountant by certificate. Hmmm i weep for this country. Why should i over study in school when there is possibility of getting a dirty job like driver with it. Am still waiting for graduate gateman and cleaner, as nothing is impossible in nigeria.

everything that happened in this country ia always against ur wish, are there no truck drivers abroad or must everybody work in a bank? they advertised the job and those interested in it went for it and you are here complaining, did they force them? or do u think it is easy to start up a business?

1 Like

Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by chessguru1(m): 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2013
ebamma: May the love of speeding and the sweet fellowship of accidents rest and abide with them now and forever more
Guy you dry

Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by chessguru1(m): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2013
Wish dem all d best

Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by topmostg: 3:57pm On Feb 17, 2013
ebamma: May the love of speeding and the sweet fellowship of accidents rest and abide with them now and forever more
seriously dude,
i dont know what you "SMOKED" before posting this crap, but i want some..

1 Like

Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by danniekute(m): 4:02pm On Feb 17, 2013
Dangote,thank u so much.hw much is their salary?
Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2013
Dangote the guy man.

I discovered that Dangote's current drivers are so illiterate and cannot understand simple english. Dubious depot managers use their heads at the detriment of cement distributors.

Also Dangote trucks have accidents on weekly basis. So the graduate drivers scheme with a 3month intensive entrance course is a very good one.
Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by tefund(m): 4:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
fagin1982:
After three months of intensive training at the Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology, Zaria, the first batch of the 2,000 Dangote graduate drivers have completed their programme. The Advert was advertised on the honigerianjobs website and National Dailies

The graduates who were issued with certificates and automatic employment into the Dangote Group of companies were very excited during the ceremony which took place last Friday at the NITT Zaria, Kaduna State.
A statement from Dangote Group said that the Director General the institute, Alhaji Aminu Musa Yusuf, said the Graduate Driver scheme is the first of its kind in Nigeria.

He said of the 100 shortlisted, 96 were able to make it to the end of the programme,adding that the programme was delivered in partnership with the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) and Federal Vehicle Inspection Office (FVIO).
He said the ‘super’ drivers have the advantage of becoming members of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, which is the lead professional body for the regulation of logistics and transport practice worldwide.
Group Chief Human Resource Officer, Dangote Group, Mr. Paramjit Pabby said the graduates were selected through a rigorous process.

He said the aim was to make Nigerians safe on the road, adding that “as graduate drivers, you are expected to run our newly formed super fleet with a professional touch, putting into practice all that you have been taught here.”
He said a female driver is among the graduates and that six other ladies will join her in the next batch.
“The scheme also envisages a competitive salary made up fixed basic salary plus incentive based on trips and safe driving. Based on conditions, the drivers will have the opportunity to own trucks in the future,” he said.

In her speech Nigeria’s first female commercial pilot and rector of the Nigeria College of Aviation Technology, Captain Chinyere Kalu, said the training programme was part of Dangote’s Corporate social responsibility scheme and a response to road safety which poses threat to peoples’ lives and businesses.

Source . Daily Trust
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/business/50345-dangote-graduates-100-super-drivers

may dem try..god day sha
Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by dulphines: 4:13pm On Feb 17, 2013
Abuse of University degree!
Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 17, 2013
. tongue
Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 17, 2013
Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 17, 2013
Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 17, 2013
bory09: I thought work like bank manager post, oil company work and good work like that deserve excess trial and consistency to get by the graduate. So driver job is now something to strive and sweat before you get by a whole graduate for that matter. If somebody tell them when they ar in the university that driver is what their certificate will earned then they will be rejecting it. Now see what have happen i know among them will be docter, lawyer, engineer, accountant by certificate. Hmmm i weep for this country. Why should i over study in school when there is possibility of getting a dirty job like driver with it. Am still waiting for graduate gateman and cleaner, as nothing is impossible in nigeria.

Drop this old fashioned mentality which makes you believe you deserve a white collar job because you went to university.

That is why most graduates remain poor all their life waiting for a ready made job that will never come. I also know a banker with 5yrs experience who later became a driver, a month into driving his bus, fate smiled on him, he implemented an idea and in less than 2yrs, he has about 25buses today. What you fail to understand is that wisdom is knowledge applied. If you do what the touts and illiterates, do then you will apply your certificate there to get it done better.

Must you remain in paid employment and be bossed around like a zombie?

4 Likes

Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by auntytee: 5:03pm On Feb 17, 2013
Ekwensu!!!

1 Like

Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by rodeo0070(m): 8:12pm On Feb 17, 2013
trix!:
So 4 people couldn't complete the training? Na so the training hard? Or it was plain laziness?

Maybe they've gotten a better offer...
Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by alosnika: 1:11am On Feb 18, 2013

For your information, there is dignity in labour. These people are better than those that have chosen to become thieves, kidnappers, or ritualists. They should be commended. Furthermore, people like you do worse jobs in the UK, US and other developed countries with all your academic qualifications. There is no crime and no shame in working as a gateman, no shame in whatever honest job you are doing. Nigerians like to live to impress their neighbours, they love to live fake lives, they love to be what they are not. That's why people kill for money, that's why people steal every opportunity they have, that's why Nigeria is where it is today.
Do your job with all dignity.
Respect people for their decision. Respect them for the jobs. Respect them because there is dignity in labour.

1 Like

Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by alosnika: 1:11am On Feb 18, 2013

For your information, there is dignity in labour. These people are better than those that have chosen to become thieves, kidnappers, or ritualists. They should be commended. Furthermore, people like you do worse jobs in the UK, US and other developed countries with all your academic qualifications. There is no crime and no shame in working as a gateman, no shame in whatever honest job you are doing. Nigerians like to live to impress their neighbours, they love to live fake lives, they love to be what they are not. That's why people kill for money, that's why people steal every opportunity they have, that's why Nigeria is where it is today.
Do your job with all dignity.
Respect people for their decision. Respect them for the jobs. Respect them because there is dignity in labour.
Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by Ideal27: 6:55am On Feb 18, 2013
I heard dat dey av called 200 ppl 2 start on 15 feb,also heard som peeps strtd receving txs snce las wkend.bt ac calld al my frns bt none recvd it,weda d kold ppl dat didt apply.pls who hs recved any tx shd tel us,pls.
Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by Monjerk: 8:14am On Feb 18, 2013
My main concern here is the state of nigerian road, if d roads r ok, I think there is nothing wrong with d initiative as long as their pay is ok.
Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by ecosanders: 8:30am On Feb 18, 2013
Ideal27: I heard dat dey av called 200 ppl 2 start on 15 feb,also heard som peeps strtd receving txs snce las wkend.bt ac calld al my frns bt none recvd it,weda d kold ppl dat didt apply.pls who hs recved any tx shd tel us,pls.
d 200 shld b in Zaria by now, if u attend d interview, u stil hav d chance of being called. Me just waiting 2 b call up 4 d job proper after completing ma training.
Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by Jeff148(m): 8:41am On Feb 18, 2013
tefund:

may dem try..god day sha
U stressed ma eyes jus for one line sentence,u nid help*smh*
Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by mlqs: 12:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
Hello Nairalanders, this is the true position of Dangote Graduate Training programme in NITT Zaria.I am one of the 96 participants that finally graduated. I need to let my fellow people waiting to be called for the remaining batches to be able to get first hand information so as to allow them to make right decision.
THE TRAINING.
The first week, things were going on smoothly with classroom lectures but all of a sudden the following week drama started. We were given two trailers for hundred of us to train even the two trailers were not all that sound it develops fault incessantly, you will handle the trailer for like ten minute this week it will take one week for another exercise to get to your turn meaning you are idle for another space of one week. If you are told that the training is intensive it’s a big lie.
THE WELFARE.
It is a school hostel type of accommodation. Room of four, eight etc depending on the size of the room,the feeding was three times in a day but far below standard and quality though rumour have it that Dangote pay reasonable amount for our feeding but corruption and supervisory negligence mar the whole process.People ate the food each day because of no money but end up visiting hospital at their own bill since Dangote caters only for food and accommodation.
THE INCENTIVE.
We were promised a stipend though the amount and time to be paid was not stated, exactly three months of our stay in Zaria we are paid N30,000 meaning 10k per month or N33 per day. Unconfirmed information have it that subsequent batches will not even be paid a kobo.Dangote fail to realize that majority of the participant were married with kids,some resigned from a job that pay N90k a month hoping the exercise is a greener pasture .
THE CERTIFICATION.
Participant believe that for the three months not to be a total waste as all indications is pointing to the fact that the coy is looking for a cheap labour and popularity,that the certificate which will be given will complements but to the greatest dismay the certificate given read thus “A course in truck driving and haulage operation” meaning the certificate can be useful only if you want to build a career as a trailer driver and that you just undergone a course.
CONCLUSION
Fellow Nairalanders,
1.If you are doing something presently that earn you at least 20k please don’t resign, even after the conclusion of the training we are yet to know how much will be in the offer letter and how many will be absorbed and when?.
2.If you have to go for the training, prepare to be on your own in term of feeding and health care etc.
3.Idleness and break in opportunity to go for test and interview during this three months period is a major barrier since you won’t spend less than 15k to and fro Lagos if something urgent comes up as per employment,
4. All the coy representatives on ground and those that came visiting even to the highest HR person who is an Indian will only manage you but will never tell you their main mission. Major promises they made never see the light of the day.
5. Finally, we regret our decision on the ground that we have no information about the scheme but this is a clearer position for you guys to take decision. Nigeria graduates are not fouls, please thread wisely.

2 Likes

Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by Phikom(m): 2:46pm On Feb 18, 2013
HAH: Congratulations "Chartered Drivers"
dats lovely....
Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by olutunde12(m): 4:06pm On Feb 18, 2013
[quote author=mlqs]Hello Nairalanders, this is the true position of Dangote Graduate Training programme in NITT Zaria.I am one of the 96 participants that finally graduated. I need to let my fellow people waiting to be cawing week drama started. We were given two trailerLl

God bless u jare. I did the interview. Thank u o o.
Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by Ideal27: 10:19pm On Feb 18, 2013
Dis is too dificult to belive.wat is dis contry led by dubious leaders turnin into.thanx guys.
Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by mlqs: 3:16am On Mar 11, 2013
Nairalander let me give you the final phase of dangote selection which is the offer letter.Remember I gave you the full detail of the training as one of the participants.We were given offer letter dated March 1st. If you have masters ur gross is 86K and take home I guess will be around 65K monthly.If you have BSC your gross is 67k and monthly take home should be around 53k monthly while HND gross is 64k monthly take home is 50k.Many participants have abandoned the offer as the coy is interested in cheap labour.Come to imagine your years of study in higher institution then ending up as trailer driver with take home of 50K in a month considering d risk and sleepless night in the bush along the road.The sad story is that after the offer we are treated like the common drivers there in Obajana, not even an accomodation,people sleep inside abandoned trailer,bath on the roadside etc.As am signing out of the job am also signing out of this thread.I just want Nigeria graduate to be aware of the true position here and don't let some useless people who need cheap popularity to deceive us in d media that the scheme goes with a competative salary,its a big lie and don't be deceived that you can make extra income ooo if you don't believe me you can give it a try.Dangote need cheap popularity and labour,my people let us thread wisely.

1 Like

Re: 100 Drivers Complete Dangote Graduate Drivers Training Programme by moneyhungry(m): 7:33pm On Apr 27, 2013
^^^^^ it is finished *drinks poison*

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is In For A Graduate, As An Aviation Security Officer(faan) / Abax-OOSA Professionals (Chartered Accountants) Is Recruiting / Who Has Applied For PTDF Scholarship,what Are Your Challenges?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.