Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,548 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police (8956 Views)

Eight Oil Workers Kidnapped In Nigeria: Again! / Three Foreign Oil Workers Kidnapped In Port Harcourt / Nine Oil Workers Kidnapped In Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by HAH: 5:31pm On Feb 17, 2013
This is not work of BH but JAMBS,
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by nedufantasy(m): 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2013
Nawa 4 them oo
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 17, 2013
I think at this precipitous state of deterioration, its safe to adoopt Israel's efficient strategy against terrorists;"if they treaten one of us, we kill 100 of theirs before the international community has a chance to stop us" its a known fact that these gutless reprobates have safe-houses In neigbouring countries like Niger,Chad and cameroon.... Snuff them out and destroy the maniacs......

1 Like

Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by Ejine(m): 5:56pm On Feb 17, 2013
GARRI (x7):
No food for the POOR!!!

No Sleep for the RICH!!!!

Water wen touch PRICK, touch BLOKOS too!!!
cheesy cheesy

WTF!!?
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by ignis: 6:01pm On Feb 17, 2013
watchindelta: kidnapin everywhere smh dam.
My brother õoooº°˚˚°º, kidnapping don enta north too
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 17, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Wrong!!!

The Name, "NIGERIA" is‎​ now synonymous with Insecurity..

Tell me where is‎​ safe in Naija??
enugu state
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by wasiudvd(m): 6:07pm On Feb 17, 2013
Oya wey d soldiers wey we just train on counter-terrorism, make dem go rescue dem Asap. I pity my country.
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by Rayprofessor: 6:09pm On Feb 17, 2013
If northern nigeria are taking away in dis country i do b hapi
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by meerah25(f): 6:15pm On Feb 17, 2013
Mad Cow: Wonderful things...

6 Oyinbos.. Bail of 50 million per head.. See hammer.

I know been sabi say Boko boys don involved for Niger Delta business.

Anyways, sorry for the Oyinbos involved, na so their people been dey carry us those days dey sell us too.. #Karma..

lol but is not funny. . ..i pray the won't get harm by their captors!
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by Fadelex(m): 6:17pm On Feb 17, 2013
shynar24: I taught dey train sme soldier against terorist atack? O sory nt 4 kidnaping.
U taught what?? R u a teacher??

1 Like

Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by GARRIx7(m): 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2013
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by AfroBlue(m): 6:33pm On Feb 17, 2013
Burger01: Those foreigners were given traveling warning alerts to volatile northern region of Nigeria!!! What were they after in the north that could be that important than their freaking lives?.. Now, international communities would have excuses to put Nigeria in the bad light of the world... C'mon!!!

One has to wonder why the FG or state government awarded the road contract to foreigners, and why didn't the company employ 9ja workers?

Nigeria foreign workers abducted in Bauchi state

At least six foreign workers have been seized and a security guard shot dead by gunmen who attacked a construction company site in northern Nigeria, officials say.

One of the workers seized was Italian, one was Greek and two others Lebanese.

But UK officials could not confirm a report that another was British.

No-one has admitted the abductions but the Islamist militant group, Boko Haram, has staged a series of attacks in northern Nigeria.

A security guard was killed as the attackers targeted the workers' camp at Jama'are in Bauchi state.

Correspondents say it is the biggest kidnapping in northern Nigeria in recent times.

The kidnapping of foreigners and wealthy Nigerians is common in the oil-rich Niger Delta region, in the south of the country, and has become a lucrative trade for criminals.

Oil workers and other foreign nationals are often targeted because companies pay high ransom money to secure their employees' release, correspondents say.
Police station attacked

Lebanese foreign minister Adnan Mansour said two of those held were from Lebanon.

An Italian and a Greek national were also abducted from the site run by Lebanese-owned firm Setraco, the foreign ministries in Rome and Athens confirmed.

Another of those seized was a Filipino, a union leader at Setraco told the BBC.

The Italian ambassador in Abuja said, "Italy's absolute priority is the safety of its compatriot," Ansa news agency reported.

A UK foreign office spokesman said it was investigating reports of a Briton being kidnapped.

The raid was preceded by an attack on the local police station, when two vehicles were blown up, in the town of Jama'are, some 125 miles (200km) north of the state capital, Bauchi.

The attackers then moved on to a camp belonging to Setraco, killing a guard and seizing the workers. Setraco is currently expanding a major road in the area.

The state capital has itself been attacked several times by Boko Haram, which wants to impose Sharia (Islamic law) across Nigeria.

Earlier this month, nine polio vaccinators were shot dead at two health centres in northern Nigeria.

Some Nigerian Muslim leaders have previously opposed polio vaccinations, claiming they could cause infertility.

Boko Haram has emerged as one of the most prolific militant groups in West Africa, carrying out a large number of low-level attacks but also some more sophisticated attacks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21491628
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by redsun(m): 6:36pm On Feb 17, 2013
Characteristic featu
re of a failed state. The north is totally in ruin and it is gradually creeping down south.
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by donsax: 6:51pm On Feb 17, 2013
HAH: This is not work of BH but JAMBS,
How did you know? Are you one of them?
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by NosaHenry(m): 6:52pm On Feb 17, 2013
obowunmi: what the phuck are these whites doing in Naija - I have no sympathy for them. Do they think that they are invincible? mtcheew, rubbish.
yet u are praying to travel abroad someday. Maybe they will bomb u in the plane before u land. Useless mumu

1 Like

Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by newmaonza: 6:56pm On Feb 17, 2013
Blyss:

Humm, at this rate.. it wont be long now before the drones start dropping bombs up there. Obviously the Nigerian military is in too piss poor of shape to handle these savages, and as is usually the case in Africa; it's gonna take their colonial white masters to come and eventually handle it for them. cheesy

Drones my ass, wetin dem find go Bauchi, which kind Construction dem want construct for Bauchi, Shey e fit pass 10 storey building?? Na every day embassy dey tell their Citizens to avoid Nigeria.... I am not sorry for them, They will all die in the Hands of Boko Haram......
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by newmaonza: 6:58pm On Feb 17, 2013
Blyss:

Humm, at this rate.. it wont be long now before the drones start dropping bombs up there. Obviously the Nigerian military is in too piss poor of shape to handle these savages, and as is usually the case in Africa; it's gonna take their colonial white masters to come and eventually handle it for them. cheesy

Drones my Big Yansh, wetin dem find go Bauchi, which kind Construction dem want construct for Bauchi, Shey e fit pass 10 storey building?? Na every day embassy dey tell their Citizens to avoid Nigeria.... I am not sorry for them, They will all die in the Hands of Boko Haram......
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by jidewin(m): 7:14pm On Feb 17, 2013
This is the result of attacking Al-qaeda in MALI...Bros Jona,wipe out this people once and for all abeg.
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by HAH: 7:25pm On Feb 17, 2013
donsax:
How did you know? Are you one of them?

You think anyone that comes to Nairaland is a mediocre
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by MicroBox: 7:32pm On Feb 17, 2013
confusion247: This is a welcomed development at least it will fast tract the coming of drones.
i dislike u so much. You are a very dull person, why wishing for drone in 9ja. It has never being used in US or Britain.
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by michealade(m): 8:03pm On Feb 17, 2013
HAH: This is not work of BH but JAMBS,
oboy wich one b jamb again..are dey kidnapin dem to write jamb ni?
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by tyson55(m): 8:11pm On Feb 17, 2013
Shouldn't the company or whoever employed them in that volatile northern Nigeria have provided them with enough security?
Or are they ignorant of the fact that the area is infested with Islamist fundamentalists ( Boko haram and their ilk)? SMDH!
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by Blyss: 8:21pm On Feb 17, 2013
MicroBox:
i dislike u so much. You are a very dull person, why wishing for drone in 9ja. It has never being used in US or Britain.

Actually the vast majority of the American drone fleet is used over North America (including the US), and Europe. About a year ago I watched a show in which one of the operators of these drones admitted to the fact of that sometimes they actually zero in on and place on lock random vehicles driving down the highways right here in the US with armed drones, as a means to help train the operators on how to do so when in a real engagement. shocked shocked
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by andrewza: 8:32pm On Feb 17, 2013
Blyss:

Actually the vast majority of the American drone fleet is used over North America (including the US), and Europe. About a year ago I watched a show in which one of the operators of these drones admitted to the fact of that sometimes they actually zero in on and place on lock random vehicles driving down the highways right here in the US with armed drones, as a means to help train the operators on how to do so when in a real engagement. shocked shocked

That not really a big deal. Not like they going to shoot. I mean naval ships have targeted civlian ships before with there fire control sytems. Of course the wepaons are not ready to fire they just lock on and civlian ships don't have any EW so don't even no they targeted. And drones can not be used over populted areas in amrica or europe.
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by andrewza: 8:33pm On Feb 17, 2013
tyson55: Shouldn't the company or whoever employed them in that volatile northern Nigeria have provided them with enough security?
Or are they ignorant of the fact that the area is infested with Islamist fundamentalists ( Boko haram and their ilk)? SMDH!

The securty gaurd was killed.
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by theripper2: 8:35pm On Feb 17, 2013
Na to come read some verse of Quran, come slaughter dem like Akuya remain. These ones are done for. No escape for dem cuz wether. JAMBS or BOKO no need ur money. So sorry for dem.
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by cap28: 8:39pm On Feb 17, 2013
more excuses for US africom to deploy their troops on to nigerian soil.
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by andrewza: 8:41pm On Feb 17, 2013
cap28: more excuses for US africom to deploy their troops on to nigerian soil.

Yanks won't care until a yank ends up dead.
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
Everyday Bad news for this country or say every hour.
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by supaeagles(m): 9:13pm On Feb 17, 2013
Blyss:

Abeg, which show is that, make I see too??
Re: 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police by livethinme: 10:32pm On Feb 17, 2013
Afro_Blue:

One has to wonder why the FG or state government awarded the road contract to foreigners, and why didn't the company employ 9ja workers?

Nigeria foreign workers abducted in Bauchi state

At least six foreign workers have been seized and a security guard shot dead by gunmen who attacked a construction company site in northern Nigeria, officials say.

One of the workers seized was Italian, one was Greek and two others Lebanese.

But UK officials could not confirm a report that another was British.

No-one has admitted the abductions but the Islamist militant group, Boko Haram, has staged a series of attacks in northern Nigeria.

A security guard was killed as the attackers targeted the workers' camp at Jama'are in Bauchi state.

Correspondents say it is the biggest kidnapping in northern Nigeria in recent times.

The kidnapping of foreigners and wealthy Nigerians is common in the oil-rich Niger Delta region, in the south of the country, and has become a lucrative trade for criminals.

Oil workers and other foreign nationals are often targeted because companies pay high ransom money to secure their employees' release, correspondents say.
Police station attacked

Lebanese foreign minister Adnan Mansour said two of those held were from Lebanon.

An Italian and a Greek national were also abducted from the site run by Lebanese-owned firm Setraco, the foreign ministries in Rome and Athens confirmed.

Another of those seized was a Filipino, a union leader at Setraco told the BBC.

The Italian ambassador in Abuja said, "Italy's absolute priority is the safety of its compatriot," Ansa news agency reported.

A UK foreign office spokesman said it was investigating reports of a Briton being kidnapped.

The raid was preceded by an attack on the local police station, when two vehicles were blown up, in the town of Jama'are, some 125 miles (200km) north of the state capital, Bauchi.

The attackers then moved on to a camp belonging to Setraco, killing a guard and seizing the workers. Setraco is currently expanding a major road in the area.

The state capital has itself been attacked several times by Boko Haram, which wants to impose Sharia (Islamic law) across Nigeria.

Earlier this month, nine polio vaccinators were shot dead at two health centres in northern Nigeria.

Some Nigerian Muslim leaders have previously opposed polio vaccinations, claiming they could cause infertility.

Boko Haram has emerged as one of the most prolific militant groups in West Africa, carrying out a large number of low-level attacks but also some more sophisticated attacks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21491628

Some companies prefer to send their own workers to African countries rather than hire African workers. You see this a lot with the Chinese companies I think

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Taiwo Adeniji Wins New-York Nursing Excellence Award / Biafrans Buys Helicopter To Sink The Zoo PHOTOS / Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.