Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,412 members, 7,850,462 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:50 PM

Are PDP Stooges In APC Pushing Buhari To Back Down? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are PDP Stooges In APC Pushing Buhari To Back Down? (683 Views)

Why Are PDP Members Rejoicing When Saraki And Dogara Are APC Members? / GEJ's Speeches Used Against Him In APC Sponsored Newspaper Adverts / Picture Of A Woman Clad In APC'S T-SHIRT And PDP'S Wrapper! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are PDP Stooges In APC Pushing Buhari To Back Down? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 17, 2013
I see no reason why new members in the merger party should be pushing for Buhari to abandon his presidential ambition.

In a presidential contest between Buhari and any other possible candidate in APC, Buhari stands out. Forget his age. Jonathan is one of the "young" politicians given the chance. What has Jonathan done for Nigerians? All these propaganda rogues saying Buhari is old develops amnesia when talking about "old" versus "young" politicians. Isn't Jonathan suppose to be a new politician? Isn't he suppose to be of a new era? Yet we find Anenih back in the corridors of power through GEJ. If the will is there, nothing is stopping anyone.

Buhari is still the most credible candidate any party can have. Some people are mentions a Buhari/Okorocha ticket but the truth is ACN will never allow such. APGA doesn't even control 5% of what ACN controls. The biggest party in the merger is still ACN and I doubt Tinubu will be willing to let anyone downplay that.

Why must Buhari back down like some rogue politicians are pushing for? Why? I still think given a free and fair election, Buhari will win in Nigeria. He won the 2011 election and it was clear to unbiased mind from east, west, north, south that Jonathan didn't win that election.

So I ask, why must Buhari back down for the merger to work? The most credible ticket if really the party is willing to put politics aside is still Buhari/Fashola. That is a winning ticket in Nigeria. North will vote overwhelmingly for Buhari and SW will vote same way. Fashola is household name in Yoruba land All the way to Ilorin. but won't sell in the north. SS/SE can not impose any candidate on Nigeria in a free and fair election. But I doubt people in Edo, Delta, and Akwa Ibom will vote Jonathan seeing as the entire SS issue has become Ijaw affairs and other SS groups are aware of that.

Any good political strategist will tell you that a Buhari/Fashola ticket is the winner in a free and fair election. And if the 2015 election isn't going to be fair, then I guess we should just give it to PDP and forget about Nigeria.
Re: Are PDP Stooges In APC Pushing Buhari To Back Down? by teskyg: 10:13pm On Feb 17, 2013
You are high on hot urine.Fashola cannot even win Lagos now.Buhari is perpetually unelectable.Ask Ela-Rufai
Re: Are PDP Stooges In APC Pushing Buhari To Back Down? by OmoTier1(m): 10:35pm On Feb 17, 2013
teskyg: You are high on hot urine.Fashola cannot even win Lagos now.Buhari is perpetually unelectable.Ask Ela-Rufai
Fashola cannot win lagos now? ...Who bewitched you shocked
Re: Are PDP Stooges In APC Pushing Buhari To Back Down? by Nobody: 4:29am On Feb 18, 2013
teskyg: You are high on hot urine.Fashola cannot even win Lagos now.Buhari is perpetually unelectable.Ask Ela-Rufai

I should have said this thread is only for people with a brain sorry for not restricting you.

(1) (Reply)

Race For 2015 / Will GEJ Be More Effective In The Zoo?? / LOL (photo) Police Dpo Jumping Over Fence As Armed Robbers Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.