Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) (114154 Views)

Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates / Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates / Carlos Slim Tops Forbes Rich List For Fourth Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by babadey(m): 10:39am On Feb 18, 2013
The me-he-co tycoon..
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Omexonomy: 10:40am On Feb 18, 2013
yorke1: Where can i get this book "Revolutionary Wealth"?
you better loose hope just three copy in circulation one for the author one for the publisher and the last one for carlos helu slim

1 Like

Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by HAH: 10:42am On Feb 18, 2013
This guy is very stingy, infact he is the stingiest among world rich men and very shroud businessman to be frank I don't want to be like him will rather be warren buffet or bill gate
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 18, 2013
u no talk the cult wey dis man dey...abi is his money ordinary...mk una liv dah tin
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by yertyr(m): 10:47am On Feb 18, 2013
*Strolls in*... *Reads thread...* sees... 'N200000 evry minute for 100yrs'... *faints*

4 Likes

Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by babadey(m): 10:49am On Feb 18, 2013
HNosegbe:

The part in bold is what distinguishes those who work for their money from those who get wealth by illegitimate means: They know the value of the smallest cent/penny/kobo.

When you see a man who doesn't negotiate prices for the things he buys, chances are that he didn't earn his money.

Those who work hard for their wealth are better able to manage it. On the other hand, a fool and his money are soon parted.

So, working hard for your "hard earn money" should make u stingy shey?,come-on my guy,doesn't it look wicked and stingy for Adenuga if seen in a buka to be saying "e fi si,rice ye ke re" jast cos he worked hard for his money?.. Slim is known to be stingy,a capital monopolist and.....
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by igben(m): 10:50am On Feb 18, 2013
How much is Oluwaseun Osewa making per day? Make we know.
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Orikinla(m): 10:52am On Feb 18, 2013
Nigerian billionaires should learn from his faith in God and simple living.
Even the Baba Ijebu with less than $5 billion think say Nigeria too small for am. grin
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by truborn9ja: 10:53am On Feb 18, 2013
[/color]I Just downloaded " Revolutionary Wealth" in PdF format, Carlos slim wait for me, i will also be richest in Africa soon.

3 Likes

Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Ivynwa(f): 10:54am On Feb 18, 2013
What the heck does he do that gives him $30 million per day (that's almost N5 billion naira) cause "We making money this year" grin grin.
I like to read about these hardworking business people like Warren buffet, Kiyosaki etc. Will return to the thread to see how he does that lol.
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 18, 2013
A great interview(lol at his accent though). BTW did i hear him say porverty is an oppurtunity for his business to grow? His goal is not to make money but to create wealth and displace porverty from the society by creating job?(a bloody monopolist if u ask me). Meaning that the poor are a means to his end.
He sure value family ties and is content with basic neccessities of life(his choosing to live in a simple duplex is a pointer). Love that!
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 18, 2013
baba dey:

So, working hard for your "hard earn money" should make u stingy shey?,come-on my guy,doesn't it look wicked and stingy for Adenuga if seen in a buka to be saying "e fi si,rice ye ke re" jast cos he worked hard for his money?.. Slim is known to be stingy,a capital monopolist and.....

You're not getting my point. What I'm trying to do is point out a clear contrast between those who have earned their wealth through business savvy and those who looted their respective countries or those who have gotten their wealth through yahoo-yahoo and other "sharp" practices. The ability to negotiate is one of the most critical attributes of wealthy and successful businessmen the world over. The fact that he took his time to negotiate a 10% discount on a single tie contains a very important lesson.

Whether or not he's stingy is beside the point.
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 18, 2013
HEAR LOOK AT HIS SKILLS O!I DIDNT READ ANYWHERE WERE IT WAS SAID THAT HE BECAME WEALTHY BY TAKING ALL HIS HARD EARNED CASH TO DASH ONE PASTOR IN THE NAME OF SOWING SEED.

3 Likes

Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by eagleeye2: 11:06am On Feb 18, 2013
Ìyániwúrà123: -CARLOS SLIM HELU

His dad (who later died when he was 13) also taught him the art of book-keeping, record-keeping and how to read financial sheets, a skill that would be with him for life.

His kids also studied in Mexican secondary schools and universities and did not go abroad to get their degrees.

Ìyániwúrà
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iyaniwurablog

Am only interested in the above. The lesson to be learned is that "you cannot give what you don't have"
First his father taught him the rudiments of business (business education).
Secondly, he has confidence in his country's educational system. So he never allowed his own kids to school abroad.

Our own wealthy men and women (I mean the POLITHIEVCIANS) will rather destroy our educational system and think that by flying their children abroad, they will be better equiped to take up from where they stopped. But alas, they will only gain "paper education/qualification" abroad and come back to Naija to squander what their fathers and mothers have stolen from the nation.
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Kairoseki77: 11:07am On Feb 18, 2013

If you are on the internet and can't find a book...

Welcome to life long poverty. tongue
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by SlyIg(f): 11:07am On Feb 18, 2013
Una sure say this man no be Igbo?
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by hunkydory(m): 11:13am On Feb 18, 2013
I can get you the ebook version if you want.
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by babadey(m): 11:18am On Feb 18, 2013
HNosegbe:

You're not getting my point. What I'm trying to do is point out a clear contrast between those who have earned their wealth through business savvy and those who looted their respective countries or those who have gotten their wealth through yahoo-yahoo and other "sharp" practices. The ability to negotiate is one of the most critical attributes of wealthy and successful businessmen the world over. The fact that he took his time to negotiate a 10% discount on a single tie contains a very important lesson.

Whether or not he's stingy is beside the point.

Understood...but me kwestion is,why would a person like slim negotiate for a discount on a SINGLE,I mean SINGLE tie... When bill gate was interviewed by oprah winfrey,he was asked how does he feel when he makes $1million in every minutes instead of replying her immediately,he brought out his check book wrote a sum of 1million dolls and called a person from her audience and gave him the cheque,the man was silent for minutes shocked to the extent he couldn't move nor say thank you and replied her "that's how I feel"

4 Likes

Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by EmmyDe25(m): 11:24am On Feb 18, 2013
mysticgal: i have dreamed of becoming the richest woman in the world,and this piece of helu slim just gave me a boost.
Then u shud concentrate more on hw Mrs Folorunsho Alakija acquired her wealth not Helu Slim.

1 Like

Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by EmmyDe25(m): 11:27am On Feb 18, 2013
ebamma: the man stingy die
I tel u, Akagum to maddin! Hear wetin hin tok abt Bill and Warren donatin up to 50percents of their wealth to charity.
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by tripledub: 11:29am On Feb 18, 2013
Dear Hunkydory, i ll appreciate it if u can help me get d pdf of d book and send to my mail box.
Pagecoders@gmail.com thanks
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by eagleeye2: 11:30am On Feb 18, 2013
baba dey:

Understood...but me kwestion is,why would a person like slim negotiate for a discount on a SINGLE,I mean SINGLE tie... When bill gate was interviewed by oprah winfrey,he was asked how does he feel when he makes $1million in every minutes instead of replying her immediately,he brought out his check book wrote a sum of 1million dolls and called a person from her audience and gave him the cheque,the man was silent for minutes shocked to the extent he couldn't move nor say thank you and replied her "that's how I feel"

bros, everyone can't do like Gates did. Moreover the man (Slim) said he doesn't believe that you can wipe out poverty by making donations.
He worked for his money and he feels that it is irrational of him to over pay for an item. He wants to make the best bargain in every deal he is involved, either buying or selling.

1 Like

Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by eagleeye2: 11:30am On Feb 18, 2013
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by wasd4luv(m): 11:33am On Feb 18, 2013
Thanks for sharing this..You really make my day
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by valicious1(m): 11:39am On Feb 18, 2013
christ4mi: You don kill my dream of marrying from Dangote's family.
Not with dis your username.
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by okwutency(m): 11:42am On Feb 18, 2013
ebamma: the man stingy die
thank God say no be only me see am o. If you de acquire all these things, e good o but when you die, how many will you take to grave. What kind of rich man are you if you don't care abt de help de helpless ppl?
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by OluEmmaAss: 11:55am On Feb 18, 2013
Great! Richest man from a developing country!! What has he contributed to his country aside making money from it? hardcore capitalist!!!

1 Like

Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Ykwtd: 11:55am On Feb 18, 2013
Interseting..... Follow follow
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 18, 2013
I must make this money. By force or by fire
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 18, 2013
he seems to be a humble man
plus his wife is very pretty too
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by mikron(m): 12:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
Nigerians re much more richer than these people. no thanks to corruption. Babangida is worth worth than the $35 billion he is estimated with. Alakija is adjudged the worlds richest black woman in the world. countless silent billionaires abound in Nigeria. what more can i say
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Symphony007: 12:06pm On Feb 18, 2013
In secret he is also one of the mexican drug lords!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Odion Ighalo And Lilian Esoro Are Dating, His Wife Reacts (Photos) / Tiwa Savage To Wizkid: "That Is Why I F@ck With You Lion" / Raymond "Hushpuppi" Igbalodely And Woodberry Arrested By Interpol In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.