Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! (19295 Views)

Will BBM For Android & IOS Be The Final End Of Blackberry In Nigeria?? / Etisalat Reduces Price Of Blackberry Plan / Price Control Of Blackberry At Slot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by fio(m): 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2013
I wonder what next
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by Bigshegzy: 5:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
una pple really try ooooooooooooooooo
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by Francheezy(m): 5:09pm On Feb 18, 2013
YOUNGKAHUNA:

Exactly What I Wanted Saying. BB Flip? Aint Cool.
cld it b real ?
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by kelvin1191(m): 5:30pm On Feb 18, 2013
hmmmmm! Neva knew dat BB was dat ugly and bulky like my Nokia 6600. @OP, u no put dat BB Verizon without camera dat looks like my son's lunch box abi na my eyez de decieve me?
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by nlofficial(m): 5:49pm On Feb 18, 2013
~Bluetooth:

The company is fu'c'king broke and will soon fold up if help doesn't come.bb should thank Africa and the East for their support.

Wow. Someone would think bb has personally offended you. Stop hating, Mr!
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by Frostyzone(m): 7:06pm On Feb 18, 2013
chucky234:
I got iPhone 4s,sold my GS3 to buy HTC One X and compliment them with a BB torch2,does that makes a BB fan? The answer is capital NO,I am only trying to correct his dumb brain.
Well as for me comparing Nokia and blackberry,attached are pics of the Blackberry 850 and Nokia 640 both released in 1999 as that will give idea of what Nokia was manufacturing before RIM emergence.
The BB 850 device had a full
keyboard, which was unusual at the time. It could send messages, access email, send and receive pages and act as a basic organizer.
But the Nokia 640 could not even send a full text message,give respect to whom respect is due.
For that idio:t called Frostyzone to say Iphone pioneered smartphones is a big insult to RIM as Job got all his ideas from RIM existing devices.
What do you mean by" give respect to Nokia because it started way back before RIM" because as far as I know RIM was founded in 1984 ,started manufacturing Wireless devices in 1988 and that to me is a long time,HTC was incorporated 1997 and was originally making laptops/notebooks before venturing into the mobile phone market in 1998.

Dude, I don't really have the time to exchange meaningless words with you.

Overblowing RIM and their crappy outdated product doesn't change the fact that it's a dying brand.

If you don't like what I said before;

Frostyzone: Apple's iphone was the pioneer not your
blasted blackberry that is about to
disappear from the U.S market forever

Then do me the honour of kissing the nearest transformer you may encounter.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by YoungGame: 8:29pm On Feb 18, 2013
walcolm:

not anymore...get your hands on the BB10 and you'll change your mind
i don't think there's anything special about BB10, i've since dumped my bb bold, and don't think i'd ever go back to bb even if they invent BB20!! BB phones lag too much, all thier phones shows waiting time while using it, seriously have you seen any android phone, even the low end phones running android OS show waiting time/crash? Seriously we african's patronize BB phones too much, especially Nigerians. Most whities don't use bb no more. They prefer iPhones, samsung, htc e.t.c! The only thing we know in naija is pinging. #smh
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by Revolva(m): 8:30pm On Feb 18, 2013
Blackberry ...all the way....I remember those old fones model...I hate dem dat time because our network provider don't have internet packages.those old models did not sell here jare!!! Because there was no official BB company here and the fones look awkward compared to nokia models as at 2003 2004- but today BB na baba over nokia anytime
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by HARDDON: 8:42pm On Feb 18, 2013
snthesis: nice

why isnt BIS functional on d z10

cant upgrade without it

Its a lil discomfort naw, you wud get over it and rip itz benefitz pretty soon. its oηε of the best tins to happen to bb @ dis point .

@ op, still remember back den wen Glo ripped ♏ԑ off with oηε of dose green and black screen bb after ma turaya went waga !

Wow, bin a long while and 10years down d line, check out dem sleek babies !

Nonetheless, itz a pity our unborn children wud laugh τнεiя a33Es out wen dey get to see dese ρнoпεs we using naw.

I luv technology but hate it dat it kips making ma lil swit babes of today , old hags dmorrow!
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 18, 2013
YoungGame: i don't think there's anything special about BB10, i've since dumped my bb bold, and don't think i'd ever go back to bb even if they invent BB20!! BB phones lag too much, all thier phones shows waiting time while using it, seriously have you seen any android phone, even the low end phones running android OS show waiting time/crash? Seriously we african's patronize BB phones too much, especially Nigerians. Most whities don't use bb no more. They prefer iPhones, samsung, htc e.t.c! The only thing we know in naija is pinging. #smh

Gbammest!
cheesy
I go buy you big stout

How can I be waiting 10-15 secs for a webpage to open or for a PM to deliver. Na so I get time reach? Abeg since dropping my curve 2 and picking up the HTC 4G EVO, my life has never been the same.
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by Revolva(m): 10:16pm On Feb 18, 2013
chucky234:
I got iPhone 4s,sold my GS3 to buy HTC One X and compliment them with a BB torch2,does that makes a BB fan? The answer is capital NO,I am only trying to correct his dumb brain.
Well as for me comparing Nokia and blackberry,attached are pics of the Blackberry 850 and Nokia 640 both released in 1999 as that will give idea of what Nokia was manufacturing before RIM emergence.
The BB 850 device had a full
keyboard, which was unusual at the time. It could send messages, access email, send and receive pages and act as a basic organizer.
But the Nokia 640 could not even send a full text message,give respect to whom respect is due.
For that idio:t called Frostyzone to say Iphone pioneered smartphones is a big insult to RIM as Job got all his ideas from RIM existing devices.
What do you mean by" give respect to Nokia because it started way back before RIM" because as far as I know RIM was founded in 1984 ,started manufacturing Wireless devices in 1988 and that to me is a long time,HTC was incorporated 1997 and was originally making laptops/notebooks before venturing into the mobile phone market in 1998.

This guy has said it all this is the most current dude here so accurate in post and not to sentimental about bashing- all ya band wagon smart fone users oya make una learn now ok !!!! Three Gbosa for you jare tell dem
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by Frostyzone(m): 12:09am On Feb 19, 2013
Revolva:

This guy has said it all this is the most current dude here so accurate in post and not to sentimental about bashing- all ya band wagon smart fone users oya make una learn now ok !!!! Three Gbosa for you jare tell dem

English language don suffer oo!
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by chucky234(m): 7:16am On Feb 19, 2013
YoungGame: i don't think there's anything special about BB10, i've since dumped my bb bold, and don't think i'd ever go back to bb even if they invent BB20!! BB phones lag too much, all thier phones shows waiting time while using it, seriously have you seen any android phone, even the low end phones running android OS show waiting time/crash? Seriously we african's patronize BB phones too much, especially Nigerians. Most whities don't use bb no more. They prefer iPhones, samsung, htc e.t.c! The only thing we know in naija is pinging. #smh
Well I just checked the pre-order record for BB Z10 and Q10 but found that Americans and Europeans are responsible for 95% so far,that's to say RIM don't don't depends on the African market as we are made to believed because 90% of African BB users patronize used phones from the US/Canada or UK.
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by KazaaUpload: 11:14am On Feb 19, 2013
chucky234: People can now see how far RIM have come when it come to quality smartphones,HTC is the only company that earn my respect after RIM because Samsung,LG and the rest borrow their current designs from HTC phones.

Have you seen bb10 z10? That design is totally borrowed from an iPhone. So by your own logic, blackberry should now lose your respect also
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by KazaaUpload: 11:18am On Feb 19, 2013
chucky234: Well I just checked the pre-order record for BB Z10 and Q10 but found that Americans and Europeans are responsible for 95% so far,that's to say RIM don't don't depends on the African market as we are made to believed because 90% of African BB users patronize used phones from the US/Canada or UK.
That's because the ONLY countries that can order these phones are UK, Canada and UAE. By definition, Nigerian or African people purchasing cannot (yet) even show up in these statistics.
Some people have bought these phones in Canada and UK but lets wait and see when the official statistics are released. I saw no long lines and queues like when galaxy s3 and iPhone were released, but maybe soon the sales might increase. I doubt it.
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by KazaaUpload: 11:22am On Feb 19, 2013
Revolva:

Jobs got all of his ideas from RIM? Really?
One fact to bear in mind. When Apple first introduced the all-touch screen device (there were a few before then, but nothing that appealed to the mass market), RIM were busy for two years laughing and telling everybody that nobody will buy touchscreen. How now would you say Apple stole idea from RIM?
The idea for 3rd party App Store, did that come from RIM? The software innovations, did those come from RIN?
I think not

1 Like

Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 19, 2013
Revolva: Blackberry ...all the way....I remember those old fones model...I hate dem dat time because our network provider don't have internet packages.those old models did not sell here jare!!! Because there was no official BB company here and the fones look awkward compared to nokia models as at 2003 2004- but today BB na baba over nokia anytime
30 years coming, BB can never be better than nokia
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by IssyO(m): 11:18pm On Feb 19, 2013
mehn tinz dey improve o
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by jmaine: 11:45pm On Feb 19, 2013
Revolva: Blackberry ...all the way....I remember those old fones model...I hate dem dat time because our network provider don't have internet packages.those old models did not sell here jare!!! Because there was no official BB company here and the fones look awkward compared to nokia models as at 2003 2004- but today BB na baba over nokia anytime

You talk like a novice . . . . . Can you defend the bold . . . .

runzlord: 30 years coming, BB can never be better than nokia

I just tire for all this learners ooo !!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sim Registration: Crowd At MTN Office Rumuodumaya, Port Harcourt (photo) / Blackberry On List Of 10 Brands Likely To Disappear In 2013 / 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.