Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Help! Google Account Problem On My Android Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help! Google Account Problem On My Android Phone (3923 Views)

How To Solve Internet Connection Problem On Modern Combat 5 Blackout / Glo Bis On Android. Help!! Google Play Store Not Functioning / Cheat For Real Football 2012 Stamina Problem On Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Google Account Problem On My Android Phone by luluosas(m): 12:34am On Feb 18, 2013
Please Nairalanders, help me solve this problem.
By the grace of God, I won a Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos phone from Glo on Twitter, on Tuesday 8th January, 2013, but was called to collect the phone on Wednesday, 6th February, 2013. To be honest, this is my very first time to own and use a smart phone.
So, when I got home, I unboxed it, put two Sim cards and put the phone on. Unlike ordinary phones that will just start up, Android smart phones are not like that. It asked me to tap the screen with a finger sign showing the direction.
To cut a long story short, when I attempted to activate the phone using my personal Gmail account to sign in, it shows an error that, username and password didn't match. Frustrated and not knowing what to do to get this phone to work, I then created a new Gmail accoun, and immediately, the phone opened.
I visited Play Store and downloaded a few stuff, to test the phone for the very first time. After a while, I opened this new Gmail account on my laptop and deactivated the account right away. After all, I was not planning to change my Gmail.
When I came back to the phone, it displayed error about sync. After this, I couldn't use the play Store again, as it saying I don't have account. I was really at a crossed road.
I then reset the phone to factory mode thereby erasing everything I have done on phone to factory mode. So, I have to start all over again.
I decided to use the same Gmail account I used before which couldn't pass. Again, same error message shows up. How will I overcome this problem were my thinking. I went back to my laptop and change my password again, returned and tried, no way.
Well, I finally used my official Google email account and once, it passed through. Though this is not my personal email account, but I am contented.
This is my problem now.
I am trying to still add this my personal email account to the official Google email account on the phone but, it is still returning with the same error message, even after changing the password several times.
House, how can I overcome this problem?
Your suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thank you all and good night.

Re: Help! Google Account Problem On My Android Phone by ibietela2(m): 3:29pm On Feb 18, 2013
This is strange... Ask in that android thread
Re: Help! Google Account Problem On My Android Phone by puskin: 4:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
I am of the opinion that you have inadvertently disabled any other device from connecting to your Google account.

Login to your Gmail account on your laptop. Go to your account settings, go to security, look for the Connected Applications and Sites and click on the "Manage Access" tab

From there, you can now grant access to Android login service
Re: Help! Google Account Problem On My Android Phone by luluosas(m): 4:02pm On Feb 18, 2013
puskin: I am of the opinion that you have inadvertently disabled any other device from connecting to your Google account.

Login to your Gmail account on your laptop. Go to your account settings, go to security, look for the Connected Applications and Sites and click on the "Manage Access" tab

Thank you very much. I will do that right away.
Re: Help! Google Account Problem On My Android Phone by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 16, 2013
Hello friend , i slept off why using my Samsung galaxy y pro , so the next day after i charged it , it refused to boot it was just showing the Samsung logo and starts all over again please help am phone less now.
Re: Help! Google Account Problem On My Android Phone by luluosas(m): 7:18pm On Mar 16, 2013
gboru: Hello friend , i slept off why using my Samsung galaxy y pro , so the next day after i charged it , it refused to boot it was just showing the Samsung logo and starts all over again please help am phone less now.
That means you have to start all over again if it launched you to the starting point. Can you somehow snap the screen? Thank you.
Re: Help! Google Account Problem On My Android Phone by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 16, 2013
It dosint boot so i can't make a screen snap but i will snap from a Nokia phone , wait
Re: Help! Google Account Problem On My Android Phone by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 16, 2013
Here:- this is all it shows

Re: Help! Google Account Problem On My Android Phone by luluosas(m): 8:22pm On Mar 16, 2013
gboru: Here:- this is all it shows
This is the starting up stage. You mean it does not boot after this stage? I think you need to contact Samsung on twitter using their handle @Samsungmobileng as I am sure they will definitely solve it in no distant time. Thank you.
Re: Help! Google Account Problem On My Android Phone by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 16, 2013
luluosas:
This is the starting up stage. You mean it does not boot after this stage? I think you need to contact Samsung on twitter using their handle @Samsungmobileng as I am sure they will definitely solve it in no distant time. Thank you.
i did but they where retweeting my tweet, though i will try again.
Re: Help! Google Account Problem On My Android Phone by luluosas(m): 8:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
gboru: i did but they where retweeting my tweet, though i will try again.
Okay. Please, don't give up. I pray it will be solve soon. Thank you.
Re: Help! Google Account Problem On My Android Phone by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 16, 2013
luluosas:
Okay. Please, don't give up. I pray it will be solve soon. Thank you.
thanks

AIRTEL NIGERIA NEWLY INTRODUCED A PLAN CALLED "MAGIC BOX"
IS A NEW SERVICE FROM AIRTEL NG WHICH ALLOWS CUSTOMERS TO ACCESS THE INTERNET FOR AS LOW AS 0.1KOKO PER MEGABITS. SEE THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAIL.

https://twitter.com/AirtelNigeria/status/313009796129370112?p=v

JOIN ME SAY BYE BYE TO BBCMONTH, LOL.
Re: Help! Google Account Problem On My Android Phone by luluosas(m): 8:59pm On May 21, 2013
puskin: I am of the opinion that you have inadvertently disabled any other device from connecting to your Google account.

Thank you very much for your guide. Although I couldn't solve this at the time you gave me this idea, I am glad to let you know that, I was able to solve the problem just as had advised. Thank you again.
Re: Help! Google Account Problem On My Android Phone by puskin: 11:06pm On May 21, 2013
luluosas:
Thank you very much for your guide. Although I couldn't solve this at the time you gave me this idea, I am glad to let you know that, I was able to solve the problem just as had advised. Thank you again.

Glad to be of help.
Re: Help! Google Account Problem On My Android Phone by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 23, 2013
puskin:

Glad to be of help.
Thanks for your words at the mod section, mod power has been
restored,I'm thinking of stepping down, but I have just had a
conversation with my co-mod, will carry on.
I could have acknowledged you guys at the mod section, but seems
my ban still stands . Thanks
Re: Help! Google Account Problem On My Android Phone by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 08, 2015
I just read this post http://www.edumacro.com/google-account-sign-create-google-account/ it helped to complete my Google account sign up

(1) (Reply)

How To Hard Reset Sony Xperia Z1 / Help On How To Root Itel It1503 / Airtel Offers 11k/sec, All Night Browsing At 1.5GB For N50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.