Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,651 members, 7,823,844 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Advise On Good Java Web Application Framework - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Advise On Good Java Web Application Framework (1473 Views)

Creating An Open-source Java Web Service / Need Help With Java Web Services / What In Your Opinion Is The Most Programmer Friendly Java Web Framework? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise On Good Java Web Application Framework by sunnyben: 1:11am On Feb 18, 2013
A popular challenge that we java developers face when it comes to web application development is the choice of framework to use. And what makes it worse is the fact that each web framework is a new learning curve on its own, apart from the general knowledge of J2SE, JPA and other fundamental stuffs.

I have been using Play! framework for some time, but I feel the need to learn a framework that is more accepted generally. After doing some research on some "Best java web framework blogs, I am thinking of either going with Spring Framework or JBoss Seam.

I would like to know java developers' opinion on this. Which one do you think most organizations ask for?
Re: Advise On Good Java Web Application Framework by Chimanet(m): 4:52pm On Feb 18, 2013
As for me, is Spring with hibernate or jpa with jquery for ajax support all the way
Re: Advise On Good Java Web Application Framework by javadoctor(m): 7:22am On Feb 19, 2013
I use jsf,ejb,jpa,xhtml,xml.
Re: Advise On Good Java Web Application Framework by sunnyben: 12:36pm On Feb 21, 2013
Thanks for your comments.

I think I will go with Spring.
Re: Advise On Good Java Web Application Framework by sarutobi: 8:51am On Feb 23, 2013
checkout the play framework. Its more like the codeigniter for php. It is easy to learn

1 Like

Re: Advise On Good Java Web Application Framework by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 23, 2013
Do yourself a favor and just switch to Grails.

Otherwise, Tapestry5 or Play. Though I would suggest you avoid going too deep with play if you have no desire to learn Scala. (I sure didn't)

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland mobile app redesign / Basic Coding Experience, But Want To Create An App / Where To Learn Programming In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.