Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? (702 Views)

Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . / Christians Would You Kill For Your God? / Christians: Would You Prefer A Muslim Or A White Garment Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 18, 2013
Imagine in the story that it was a christian designer and it was you, what would you do?

MacDaddy01: So, many muslims here know that I'm an atheist here. I am going to tell you guys what happened to a friend recently. My friends name is James.

So, my friend was starting a personal blog but he wanted it to look professional because he is kind of popular. He needed a website designer to design his blog. James found a designer who has a great reputation and has designed many popular websites. The designer is a muslim. James paid the designer and the designer started to work on the blog. Now, James is an atheist and he somethings writes thing about criticising religion and god. Unfortuantely, the designer has to ask James for some of his written material because he needs to show james how to upload stuff on the blog and how his blog with look like.

James noticed that the designer stopped giving him regular updates on the website and started delaying progress reports. What happened was that the muslim designer was confused and angry that he was helping an atheist to set up a blog criticizing/mocking God to a point of blasphemy (sometimes christianity and sometimes islam). James learnt this from the junior partner of the muslims designer who had to confess because he didnt like the way the client was complaining about the delays.

Long story short, the blog was designed well and James is blogging away. But was the muslim right? Should he have designed the blog or refunded the money to the atheist blogger?

This is a situation that many muslims in website design can face............
Re: Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
Good evening LB,

The scenario you gave can happen to anyone. It would be very difficult for an individual to be part of anything that is against his or her fundamental beliefs. It's not only peculiar to those involved in religion. A typical example would be a patriot who finds him or herself involved in something that is against his or her country; or a company employee who helped build a competitors products.

I won't say the individual in your example is wrong or right to have helped out because it has to do with his or her personal beliefs and conviction. However, I can say with some degree of certainty that the individual was wrong to have accepted a job he knows full well is against his religion only to 'sabotage' it with unnecessary delays. If he does not want to accept the job, he is supposed to refuse it and move on rather than delay it.

Now, in the event that the individual got to find out about the intent of the customer during the cause of the job, there is nothing stopping him from saying he cannot continue with it. It is best to stop rather than delay it. If he decides to continue then he owe it to the customer to deliver as at when due.

Thank you!
Re: Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi: Good evening LB,

The scenario you gave can happen to anyone. It would be very difficult for an individual to be part of anything that is against his or her fundamental beliefs. It's not only peculiar to those involved in religion. A typical example would be a patriot who finds him or herself involved in something that is against his or her country; or a company employee who helped build a competitors products.

I won't say the individual in your example is wrong or right to have helped out because it has to do with his or her personal beliefs and conviction. However, I can say with some degree of certainty that the individual was wrong to have accepted a job he knows full well is against his religion only to 'sabotage' it with unnecessary delays. If he does not want to accept the job, he is supposed to refuse it and move on rather than delay it.

Now, in the event that the individual got to find out about the intent of the customer during the cause of the job, there is nothing stopping him from saying he cannot continue with it. It is best to stop rather than delay it. If he decides to continue then he owe it to the customer to deliver as at when due.

Thank you!

First of all, the individual did not know what the blog would contain atheism as it was a personal blog of a celebrity. It was after the material was sent for the blog that the designer realised that it would contain some atheism.

Also, you can't relate this to competition or patrotism. We are talking religion here and you ran away from station the option you would take in such a situation.
Re: Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

First of all, the individual did not know what the blog would contain atheism as it was a personal blog of a celebrity. It was after the material was sent for the blog that the designer realised that it would contain some atheism.

I addressed the above concerns in my previous post:

striktlymi:

Thank you!

Logicboy03:
Also, you can't relate this to competition or patrotism. We are talking religion here and you ran away from station the option you would take in such a situation.

It can be related...Atheism and Theism are competing against each other and the individual is stuck in the middle.
Re: Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

I addressed the above concerns in my previous post:

It can be related...Atheism and Theism are competing against each other and the individual is stuck in the middle.

What would you do? You like to escape difficult arguments.
Re: Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

What would you do? You like to escape difficult arguments.

C'mon LB,

I only shy away from arguments that would lead absolutely nowhere and some that really do not make much sense. Anyways, this hardly qualifies as an argument but a simple personal question to each of us.

You asked a direct question and it is not a simple 'yes' or'No' answer. If I know that doing something would come back to hurt a belief I hold dear then I will not be a party to it.
Re: Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

C'mon LB,

I only shy away from arguments that would lead absolutely nowhere and some that really do not make much sense. Anyways, this hardly qualifies as an argument but a simple personal question to each of us.

You asked a direct question and it is not a simple 'yes' or'No' answer. If I know that doing something would come back to hurt a belief I hold dear then I will not be a party to it.

The bold was all I needed smiley
Re: Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by tobechi20(m): 7:48pm On Feb 18, 2013
Buisnes is buisnes . Belief is belief

if am a mechanic, will i refuse to repair an atheist car because he want to give an atheist lecture.

If am a libarian, would i refuse to issue an atheist book to a student.

The answer is NO. I can only give my personal advice. If he insists, i treat him like my fellow customer.

If i dnt atend to him, another person wil. I am nt ready to loose more customers
Re: Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 18, 2013
tobechi20: Buisnes is buisnes . Belief is belief

if am a mechanic, will i refuse to repair an atheist car because he want to give an atheist lecture.

The answer is NO. I can only give my personal advice. If he insists, i treat him like my fellow customer.

If i dnt atend to him, another person wil. I am nt ready to loose more customers

Smart answer smiley
Re: Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
tobechi20: Buisnes is buisnes . Belief is belief

At bold: Would you repair a car Bokoharam intends to use for their crimes?
Re: Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

Aiding criminals and terrorists is illegal. That is not business. That is out of the question.

Why not be reasonable eh?
Re: Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Aiding criminals and terrorists is illegal. That is not business. That is out of the question.

Why not be reasonable eh?

Why not allow Tobe answer for himself?
Re: Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

Why not allow Tobe answer for himself?

Shut up. Your question was irrelevant
Re: Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by ARareGem(f): 9:00pm On Feb 18, 2013
^^
I think that's a perfectly reasonable question as it applies. It would be the same thing as aiding the atheist to do more evil. Lord only knows how many bloggers he would be able to confuse.

For an atheist to convince a man into accepting unbelief in the existence of God, he ultimately leads that man to eternal damnation. Eternal damnation is far worse than physical death which you consider to be a crime.

Personally, I would refuse that job.
Re: Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 18, 2013
Re: Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by MacDaddy01: 9:18pm On Feb 18, 2013
ARareGem: ^^
I think that's a perfectly reasonable question as it applies. It would be the same thing as aiding the atheist to do more evil. Lord only knows how many bloggers he would be able to confuse.

For an atheist to convince a man into accepting unbelief in the existence of God, he ultimately leads that man to eternal damnation. Eternal damnation is far worse than physical death which you consider to be a crime.

Personally, I would refuse that job.

Stirklymi, see what irrelevant question has caused? Now atheism is now similar to terrorism and crime.
Re: Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by ARareGem(f): 9:50pm On Feb 18, 2013
^^
Lol. You said it, not me. grin
Re: Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by tobechi20(m): 9:59pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

i wil accept the job, and then find a way to inform the police of the boko haram intention
Re: Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by Neddivine: 11:11pm On Feb 18, 2013
I respect the reply of this man striktlymi on this topic.The problem is atheists hate truth and that is a chief characteristic of their father satan.I pray for the day xtians will stop replying these evil godless people.When they see they are no more getting any attention they'll learn to shut up.
Re: Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 18, 2013
Neddivine: I respect the reply of this man striktlymi on this topic.The problem is atheists hate truth and that is a chief characteristic of their father satan.I pray for the day xtians will stop replying these evil godless people.When they see they are no more getting any attention they'll learn to shut up.

Go shove a bible up your azzhole and leave alone. angry
Re: Christians Would You Help An Atheist In This Case? by Neddivine: 1:20am On Feb 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

Go shove a bible up your azzhole and leave alone. angry

I said it before it happenened.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With These Posters?? / It's Not A Faith Problem / This Is A Must To Read....................

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.