Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Do You Love Your Computer? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Do You Love Your Computer? (9161 Views)

Specs Of Your Computer? / Impress Your Friends With Your Computer Tricks,hacks, And Tips / Browse The Net Using Your Phone Connected To Your Computer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Love Your Computer? by tungbaski: 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2008
Do You Love Your Computer Or Just Simply Work On It As Electronic?

For me I use a Dell Optiplex gx470 desktop and a latitude notebook they've both contributed a special way to my life. Now my notebook is faulty and I feel like poison not because of the cost of getting a new one, but for the past glory it has achieved in my life. If it refuses to work I'll definitely make it a vintage in my archives or do you?
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by tobidaflava(m): 7:05pm On Mar 14, 2008
. . .hey yhaa!
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by DualCore1: 7:33am On Mar 15, 2008
i can't last 20 minutes on any pc other than my laptop without being uncomfortable, dunno if its luv or addiction, just cant stand working outside the environment of my laptop. i'm so screwed to it tht u notice i'm uncomfortable if i am using another laptop or desktop, cuz when i'm typing on those other ones, i usually dont look at individual keys wen typing so i make common mistakes like hitting the CAPS lock key intead the "a" key or not knowing where the delete or backspace key is at first glance, all that's cUz my fingers have k1nda been "configured" for the keypad layout of my lappy. i really don't see ma lappy as an electronic device, its just a mini me. as for my desktop, i ain't tied to it, i just see it as a repository for all my dumps.
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by ow11(m): 9:09am On Mar 15, 2008
I do!
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by babakura(m): 9:24am On Mar 15, 2008
I tell ya , Me self dey comfy with ma lapi , If I dey use am sumtimes e be like say dem born me wit am ,
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by sistajay(f): 10:09am On Mar 15, 2008
Since de day I lay my hands, eyes on my computer we've being inseparable.
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by buzzgonz(m): 11:02am On Mar 15, 2008
Yes I Do, but prefer using HP Compaq Tablet PC TC1100!! . . .Check it out. cheesy

Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by iacbwa(m): 11:26am On Mar 15, 2008
Why this fuss about using your own computer or not. Well, I should think that for u to be married to your own PC, is like making mistakes of not being versatile, u know what I am talking about. As for me, I use Desktop Tower and I dnt even see the difference in using another one or even someone else's laptop that i am presentily using. That is by the way

@tungbaski 
   In case you buy another PC or Laptop, I suggest you repair it one every week for it tolast and last as mine grin. The PC I am using was bought in 2005 in my final year @UNN. So, what you and every other person does is to get ERROR DOCTOR or REGISTRY REPAIRS (all downloadables, u fit try trial version shaaa) that repairs and restores all your bugs and errors and even makes your system runner faster as it was when u bought it new.

Lest I shud forget! If you are using ur PC for Internet Surfing, make sure u use ANTISPYWARE to remove malwares that can slow, inconvience, and finally crash-down your system

Trial will convince you, ok? wink
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by everchris(m): 11:43am On Mar 15, 2008
Whats this thing about not feeling comfortable when u are not using your own computer? As far as i'm concerned a computer is a computer whether it is urs or not. They serve thesame purposes, don't they?
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by Ttola(m): 11:50am On Mar 15, 2008
i sleep with mine,
eat with it,
drink with it,
take a ride with,
someone callin my buddy a comper, men its more than that' i can assure u

mine has got life, it even talks to me, u can imagine
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by dee02(m): 12:19pm On Mar 15, 2008
I fancy d pants off my computer
even though it can act up and throw tantrums here and there but i still love it,
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by edwardaigb: 1:39pm On Mar 15, 2008
Apart from communing with God, the second most precious time to me is using my laptop.
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by EccentricJ(m): 4:23pm On Mar 15, 2008
tungbaski:

Do You Love Your Computer Or Just Simply Work On It As Electronic?

For me I use a Dell Optiplex gx470 desktop and a latitude notebook they've both contributed a special way to my life. Now my notebook is faulty and I feel like poison not because of the cost of getting a new one, but for the past glory it has achieved in my life. If it refuses to work I'll definitely make it a vintage in my archives or do you?

What's there to Love? it's a computer.

The word love is misused these days.
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 15, 2008
I don't love it, im just happy i have it smiley
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by Scopium: 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2008
ibkaye:

I don't love it, im just happy i have it smiley
[size=13pt]
Exactly for those who have it.

I think the question of loving your computer was in the overdrive. You should have started with: "Do You Have A Computer?"
[/size]
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by 4Him(m): 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2008
I'm so used to my laptop that i subconsciously expect the keys to be in exactly the same place when i use another computer.
I dont need to look at the keyboard . . . i know where everything is.

i call this beast . . . my machine.
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by Gamine(f): 5:42pm On Mar 15, 2008
I used to Love my Mac kiss
before the real owners took it away cry

Now, im just happy to have this HP smiley
i dont love it.

When u go Mac, you cant go back grin
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by uspry1(f): 6:29pm On Mar 15, 2008
I love my computer since my high school graduation back 20 years ago. It helps me to do on the following below:

[list]
[li]To type up my personal/business letter as well as writing essay or manscripts using word processing with spelling and grammar checking to detect my errors to be corrected before printing them out or emailing.[/li]
[li]To create my own spreadsheet to keep track of all bi-weekly budget telling me how much I spent and saved my money.[/li]
[li]To make online bills payment via my trusted loyal online banking system for more than 10 years. PAPERLESS PAYMENTS, I hate writing personal bank checking book. [/li] Debit-Cash card/ONLINE BANK-TO-BANK WIRE TRANSFER FREAK!!!
[li]To order repeated products such as refilled inkjet cartridge, 500 inkjet blank paper sheets, or computer parts replacement online. I HATE DRIVING TO COMPUTER STORES TO BUY. [/li]
[li]To do my web development business creating web pages from scratch or editing client's template-brought site to employ actions/behaviors resulting in custom programming.[/li]
[li]To do my graphic/multimedia designing business creating custom graphic designing as well as PowerPoint or Flash presentation or incorporating video/audio files into websites for clients.[/li]
[li]To surf on the internet as well as to research hard-to-find items/word online.[/li]
[li]To upgrade my older computer system to replace disabled parts into new ones or assemble new barebone (No OS installed) computer system MYSELF.[/li]
[li]To maintain my computer system performance to keep clean and optimized all the time. Also maintain my web hosting all the time to keep my password secured. [/li]
[li]To access multiple emails (personal and business) checking incoming mails/order forms.[/li]
[li]To draw my own business proposal or contract/agreement DRAFTS to be modified or printed it out.[/li]
[li]To chat on Instant Messages with my friends or clients or group meeting via webcam[/li]
[li]To access internet relay service for the deaf phone callers via webcam[/li]
[li]To watch video online such as YouTube and others.[/li]
[li]To download music or video files into hard disk or burn CD/DVD disks[/li]
[li]To move old folders or files into CD burning as backup CDs.[/li]
[li]many many more lists I cannot live without computer I use everyday for more than 20 years.[/li]
[/list]

I have been there when the first (8088 diskless) PC was born in late 1980s that I always upgrade PC every 5 years to disassemble or replace new desktop tower case with new motherboard/processor/RAM card. Now I am home-bound computer freak except for vacation travel out of town!
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by na2day2(m): 7:01pm On Mar 15, 2008
oh please, u r one of those that have been bitten by the mac virus. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Gamine:

I used to Love my Mac kiss
before the real owners took it away cry

Now, im just happy to have this HP smiley
i don't love it.

When u go Mac, you can't go back grin
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by wariowei(m): 9:16pm On Mar 15, 2008
[size=8pt][size=8pt]Yes, I do! Sounds like a marriage swear in the church, but it's true.

When I'm with my baby (lapi), i simply cant recognise if i'm hungry. Isn't this a sickness?

Can it be cured?
[/size][/size]
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by hahaha2(m): 12:23am On Mar 16, 2008
Do u hahaha, take this computer
To be your lawfully wedded b i t c h
In sickness and in health,
blah blah blah
YES I DO
Whenever someone is on my system, i get this kinda someone ain't being sincere with me feeling.
When anybody makes any changes whatsoever to my system settings, they definately looking to get their heiny whipped.
Doing stuff with other PC's just dont feel the same like when u do it with a PC u love.
I adore my PC.

What DELL as put together let no man put asunder!!
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by spoilt(f): 3:21am On Mar 16, 2008
my computer is my friend. No other fingers desecrate my keyboard. No soul has ever touched it but me and im not kidding. Dont like people messing with my stuff. grin
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by Nobody: 5:33am On Mar 16, 2008
I've had my Toshiba lappy for over a year now through which time we've gone through a lot of customization to fit my standards (it's now very different from it's default setting, not so radically different though). i now honestly can't enjoy using another computer for long hours if it ain't mine; it's like the center around which my life is built. i shudder to think of what would happen if the relationship was to be compromised.
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by na2day2(m): 6:44am On Mar 16, 2008
why do i love my computer you say,

Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by smile4kenn(m): 8:34am On Mar 16, 2008
As far as am concern, my computer is my best friend, second home, and my third eye,
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by choco4life(m): 12:10pm On Mar 16, 2008
Wow really good replies sends me flying to my computer.
Cant stay a day without my computer, for the 20 hrs i spend
awake everyday(during my holidays), 18 is spent
on my computer, grin except times I've got problem with my internet
connection.
Am just so addicted to it, that atimes i think I've got issues. grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by N4s1(m): 1:02pm On Mar 16, 2008
My computer has made me what I am today. I've used many computers, 2 desktops and 3 laptops. I just bought a new HP pavilion dv6664en with inbuilt webcam, finger print reader, xtra fast with 2gig ram and dual core 2gig.
Am loving it like hell, without my computer, i wonder where i would have been today!

It's the first thing i touch when i wake up and the last thing i shutdown b4 sleeping! AM IN LOVE!!!
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by software(m): 3:37pm On Mar 16, 2008
I love my Desktop much more than my laptop, i feel very comfortable working on my DESKTOP,
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by justbones(m): 6:08pm On Mar 16, 2008
well my computer is ,
and then it is ,
else it is ,

you know what i mean right?

else ,

lets just say i would be an entirely different person without it
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by everchris(m): 7:32pm On Mar 16, 2008
Is there any man of God in the house? You have to render serious prayers before some one goes cazy because of a computer
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by akara(m): 9:00pm On Mar 16, 2008
My first wife and one true love.
Re: Do You Love Your Computer? by ifyalways(f): 9:32pm On Mar 16, 2008
my friend and 3rd eyez.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Google Glass Project: Browse The Web As You Walk Around! / SOLD. USA Used Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 525 For Sale. / Tried To Compress My HDD, Now It Won't Boot!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.