Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? (7059 Views)

Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves / Why Does The Scriptures Not Permit Singles To Have Sex? / Scripture Library: Scriptures from the Bible and their meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by AGEZIE: 2:29pm On Feb 22, 2013
Isaiah 54:1-17,
is proclametion word, knowing who you are in christ jesus
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Nauttyprof(m): 2:30pm On Feb 22, 2013
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all other things shall be added unto thee (Matthew 6:33)
and lately it's been - that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His suffering, being made conformable unto death (Philippians 3:10)

The verses just reminds me that there is more to my existence. More of Him I need to know and will continually know, if I can only look up with my heart.

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by bisiswag(f): 2:33pm On Feb 22, 2013
Jer 29:11
I alone know the plans I have for you,plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster,plans to bring about the future you hope for'

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by godys(m): 2:34pm On Feb 22, 2013
Habakuk 2:3 For d vision is set 4 an appointed tym,though it tarry,it shall surely speak.

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by bigfat03(m): 2:34pm On Feb 22, 2013
JOHN 3.16 cool
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Rosie114(f): 2:34pm On Feb 22, 2013
proverbs 13:20 He who walks with the wise grows wise,but a companion of fools suffers harm.

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by masagoody(m): 2:36pm On Feb 22, 2013
phi 4:13, i can do all things through christ that strengtheneth me.... Also, there is a modified version of ps 23:1 that i really like.. It goes thus ''the Lord is my shepherd, that's all i want. '' GOD IS TOO MUCH O... Indeed, it is the fool that says in his heart, there is no GOD

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Andrew3(m): 2:39pm On Feb 22, 2013
Blessed are the peace makers for they shall be called the sons of God.
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 22, 2013
2.Cor.4: 8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; 10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by jpcomrade: 2:51pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ejisz: i have been trying to reson the book of gen 1:1... "in the begining was the world and the world was with God,and the world was God.... It dates back to the creation days and it enables me see reasons why atheists can never be right.... And it awakens me to the task ahead.. Preaching to telling others about God and our purpose in life.
John 1:1-5 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 22, 2013
Job.4:3 Behold, thou hast instructed many, and thou hast strengthened the weak hands. 4 Thy words have upholden him that was falling, and thou hast strengthened the feeble knees. 5 But now it is come upon thee, and thou faintest; it toucheth thee, and thou art troubled.
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by chibuisi2002: 2:57pm On Feb 22, 2013
Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame. Isaiah 50:7

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by ssii: 3:14pm On Feb 22, 2013
So many favourite scriptures, but for this season: " for with God, nothing shall be impossible" LK 1:37

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Ekpekus(m): 3:15pm On Feb 22, 2013
Mine are much but let me take it slowly.......
Prov.18:1
Through desire a man having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom...

Your drive and desire actually cause you to withdraw from certain people, things and events as you earnestly pursue your dream.

Of late, this scripture is becoming a reality to me as I meditate on it 2nd Corinthians 9:8
"And God is able to make all grace abound towards you; that ye, ALWAYS HAVING ALL SUFFICIENCY IN ALL THINGS, may abound unto every good work.
Indeed the word of God is alive and real!!!

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by karpentar: 3:20pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ejisz: hi peps.. Drop your favourite verse of the bible by quoting it. And tell us when you always reflect back to that scriptures and why... Lets keep them coming. You might touch someones heart unknowinly.

Favorite is Gen: 2-18,..... "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him"....I always reflect to it when I am chasing a babe.I get the fulfilment that I am about to obey the scripture.
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Emusan(m): 3:20pm On Feb 22, 2013
tevinsolt: 6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

Philippians 2

GBAM!!!

Bro or Sis our God is one; this is exactly my Bible verse to complete it.

Vrs 9-11: Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name. 10: That at the name of JESUS every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11: And that every tongue should confess that JESUS Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the father.

Christian's pls don't relent on this race our father which is in heaven will surely reward us. Amen

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by nep2ra(m): 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2013
New Testament bible passages are NOT regarded as Scriptures. The Torah (commonly known as Old Testament) is what is called Scriptures. Study the Bible and you will find each time Jesus and the apostles referred to the Scriptures, it was always the Torah they referred to.

So the topic should be: "How well do you know your Bible Passages?"
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Tjohn1(m): 3:23pm On Feb 22, 2013
Numbers 14 Verse 28 ... Say unto them, As truely as i live, saith the LORD, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will i do to you:

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 22, 2013
John 3.16 "for God so loved the world that He gave us His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him would not perish but have everlasting life"
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Walexz02(m): 3:28pm On Feb 22, 2013
This thread is for christians and christienity,and it is here on the frontpage. No muslim derailed the thread,no one asked why it was move to the frontpage, this is the 2nd page of this thread and no muslim made any attempt in derailing the thread. And this shows how hypocrites many christians are by saying muslims are not tolerant.
...@OP, nice work.!
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by SherlockHolmes1(m): 3:35pm On Feb 22, 2013
Romans chapter 8. Always comforts me.... read verse 1 to the end!

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Emusan(m): 3:38pm On Feb 22, 2013
This verse is for my atheist bro. I knw they will come.

Eccle 8:17 Then I beheld all the work of God that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun: because though a man labour to seek it out, yet he shall not find it; yea further; though a wise man think to know it, yet shall he not be able to find it.

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Ekpekus(m): 3:38pm On Feb 22, 2013
Rosie114: proverbs 13:20 He who walks with the wise grows wise,but a companion of fools suffers harm.
So love this scripture as it guide me in the choice of friends I keep.

Isaiah 40:28-31
Hast thou not known? Has thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of His understanding. 29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.30 Even the youth shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: 31 but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.

Amazing ability we have if we understands God's infused strength in us.

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2013
rom. 8:1
and now there is no condemnation for them that are in christ......
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Ekpekus(m): 3:45pm On Feb 22, 2013
The bible is filled with treasure, if only believers realize and work in the reality of the word!

Ecclesistes 10:15
The labor of the foolish wearieth every one of them, because he knoweth not how to go to the city.
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by tefund(m): 3:51pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ejisz: hi peps.. Drop your favourite verse of the bible by quoting it. And tell us when you always reflect back to that scriptures and why... Lets keep them coming. You might touch someones heart unknowinly.

but you did not quote yours first
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Tjohn1(m): 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2013
Numbers 14 Verse 28 ... Say unto them, As truely as i live, saith the LORD, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will i do to you:
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 22, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Prov 5.19 “let her br. Eeast satisfy you“ yummyyyy!!!!!
Ahaaaaaaaaaan!!! Mine is songs 8:8.Funny verse.Wetin dat kain verse find enter bible sef?
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 22, 2013
nep2ra: New Testament bible passages are NOT regarded as Scriptures. The Torah (commonly known as Old Testament) is what is called Scriptures. Study the Bible and you will find each time Jesus and the apostles referred to the Scriptures, it was always the Torah they referred to.

So the topic should be: "How well do you know your Bible Passages?"
the New Testament was written after the death of Jesus by the apostles. Some as letters to a person e.g Timothy, Philemon others as letters to a group of believers in a place like Romans, Corinthians. For this dispensation both Testaments help to build our life spiritally and are needed for a thorough spirital growth and development. Shalom
Re: How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? by AGgal(f): 4:06pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ps 23. The Lord is my shepherd i shall not want.............. It comes to my mind when i'm in need n when i'm afraid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Full 2012 Prophecies by Pastor Adeboye And Pastor Olukoya / Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Ministry's Wife Dies At 57 After A Brief Illness. / A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.