Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,496 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics (2299 Views)

5 In1 New Design Combo Heat Press/transfer Machine For T Shirt/mug/cup/plate/cap / Some Of My New Design / New Design Iceprince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by jidesp(m): 5:50am On Feb 20, 2013
I just finished this one today. It took me 4hours to complete. Let me know what you think about it. You check out my other designs.

Omo Ogun is perfect for it.

The picture is about the african child and their struggles. The economy, standard of living is hard, so it takes a lot to survive this hard times. If you look at his face, I made some make up design, warriors wear when they go for battle. This make up depicts preparation and efforts our parent or loved ones makes to ensure we succeed. The Red Color depicts blood and violence the african child face.

So in conclusion "Growing up to be a man and successful in africa is a war every child must fight to suvive or succeed"

[img]http://4.bp..com/-fC6D0Nj6lM8/UbTQ-WsHl4I/AAAAAAAAAKE/Lp8YsVIdFE8/s640/jidemaya+African+Child.jpg[/img]
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by Napolitano(m): 3:16pm On Feb 20, 2013
Cool neat ddesign. but I have a prob with the title "African child" for this art. It just doesn't seeem appropriate.
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by jidesp(m): 3:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
Ok. I will think of something appropriate for it.
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by spywareczar(m): 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2013
jidesp: Ok. I will think of something appropriate for it.
yeah, maybe "African BatMan" will do, ​L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L̳̿
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by darksider: 4:15pm On Feb 20, 2013
son of d devil will make sense
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by spywareczar(m): 10:37pm On Feb 20, 2013
dark-sider:
son of d devil will make sense
nope, the perfect name 4 it is "Dark-Sider", criozly, use it as ur DP, ε̲̣̣̣̥ go ova mek sense grin
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by darksider: 6:55am On Feb 21, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by jidesp(m): 7:29am On Feb 21, 2013
Omo Ogun Africa (African War Child) is perfect for it.

Read The Visual Metaphor of this art below

The picture is about the african child and their struggles. The economy, standard of living is hard, so it takes a lot to survive this hard times. If you look at his face, I made some make up design, warriors wear when they go for battle. This make up depicts preparation and efforts our parent or loved ones makes to ensure we succeed. The Red Color depicts blood and violence the african child face.

So in conclusion "Growing up to be a man and successful in africa is a war every child must fight to suvive or succeed"
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by darksider: 7:58am On Feb 21, 2013
guy, do u no wot u re sayin at all. na u se make we criticize the tin o. the eyes of ur so called African child looks like dat of a foreigner and dats d biggest flaw in d whole tin. have u eva seen any african wit such eyes, he looks well fed. and d color is more of demonic, satanic rather than the warlike thin u imagined. there is nothin that depicts war n african in ur design. u mite b good at playin wit ur apps but not good in makin art wrks that best describe wot u re imaginin. the child looks like chuckky

2 Likes

Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by spywareczar(m): 8:36am On Feb 21, 2013
@Jidesp, then Ɣøµ shud ve name it "African Hustler" hehehehe, We re in d 21st century, dnt take us back 2 d stone age
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by lightheart(m): 8:58am On Feb 21, 2013
Black Hunger

Hunger of the African rookie

Victory's eve
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by jidesp(m): 12:57pm On Feb 21, 2013
I have nothing to tell u, but the meaning of a METAPHOR - A figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable
A thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, esp. something abstract

English forum explains it as a situation (generally a literary situation) in which the unfamiliar is expressed in terms of the familiar.

So if I tell you "Life is a journey". (This implies that in life there are always going to be ups and downs, challenges, moments of success and moments of failure...just like a journey.)

And regarding the eyes, I'll explain to you, The eyes shows a gaze of determination or focus. And it gets your attention right, I mean d eyes. Hehe

the background is dark which shows that out of the hard times, you're still able to focus. Well if you still don't get my message. You should atleast have a thought on why Monalisa painting became the most priceless art piece in the world.
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by jidesp(m): 3:57pm On Feb 21, 2013
Dis is the original pic, I took the picture with a DSLR camera to perfect my idea

Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by lightheart(m): 9:17pm On Feb 21, 2013
@jidesp, I really do love your work.
It grabs, keeps and educates audience attention.
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by darksider: 10:12pm On Feb 21, 2013
@jidesp: grin grin grin grin men, u said u ve got nothin to say but men! u just gave me a free tutorial. grin. now, here i go again. u asked for criticism. it would have bin beta if u had just posted d wrk without any ridiculous interpretation. wot is d link between ur metaphor tutorial n ur d image u cooked up. wot is d familiar and unfamiliar tin bout it. i didnt no dat life is a journey, i use to tink its a drama grin grin grin grin. guy, i like d wrk, its cool. sincerely, i do like it but dat ur interpretation is far frm it. even tho u re d creator of the graphic wrk. look at dat color combination, d tin looks like d offspring of the devil. do u remember masquerade that use to fight in WWF wrestling back in d days? pls allow me to say this. i cant help it. bak to ur metaphor tutorial. it is d dumb talk of d day. phew, that's beta. i really did nt wanna say dat well, dark-sider at ur service grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by jidesp(m): 11:12pm On Feb 21, 2013
dark-sider:
@jidesp: grin grin grin grin men, u said u ve got nothin to say but men! u just gave me a free tutorial. grin. now, here i go again. u asked for criticism. it would have bin beta if u had just posted d wrk without any ridiculous interpretation. wot is d link between ur metaphor tutorial n ur d image u cooked up. wot is d familiar and unfamiliar tin bout it. i didnt no dat life is a journey, i use to tink its a drama grin grin grin grin. guy, i like d wrk, its cool. sincerely, i do like it but dat ur interpretation is far frm it. even tho u re d creator of the graphic wrk. look at dat color combination, d tin looks like d offspring of the devil. do u remember masquerade that use to fight in WWF wrestling back in d days? pls allow me to say this. i cant help it. bak to ur metaphor tutorial. it is d dumb talk of d day. phew, that's beta. i really did nt wanna say dat well, dark-sider at ur service grin grin grin grin grin

Hilarious dude. Lol. R u a graphic designer too.
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by darksider: 7:17am On Feb 22, 2013
not really. i do 3d mainly. wot about u?
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by Napolitano(m): 11:17am On Feb 22, 2013
@Jidesp, looking at how you transformed the original image to your own unique art, I give you a thumbs up again. That's creativity, but like you know art can only get better.
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by jidesp(m): 12:14pm On Feb 22, 2013
@darkside. I do 3D, but there something about 2D workspace or software I find amusing, u can quickly express your imagination, feelings. But 3D, whew! Everything is a project, even designing a human face na war o.lol..

I have attached a silly design I made this morning, no story behind it, so don't ask me what the concept it. I just helped a friend designed it for a T-Shirt. I'm a lover of Rainbows, colors. so I love to incorporate that into my designs.

But I'll tell u this, its an imitation of my Favorite colored peacock design.

@darkside, I have intentionally placed the same eye I used for the boy for it as well, so tell me say this one too na Foreign duck..hahahaha.

Paste a link of ur work let me see. I'm a Maya User, but I haven't open d software for almost a year now..

Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by darksider: 11:15pm On Feb 22, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin . u re dam right. everytin in 3d is a project. there is no small wrk ooo. everythin is wahala in 3d ooo but am enjoyin it sha.

Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by darksider: 11:18pm On Feb 22, 2013
nice design. u seem to b havin ur way wit 2d design. i use maya too and i use it very very very very well grin grin grin grin it is my main 3d app and i love it
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by jidesp(m): 12:56am On Feb 23, 2013
dark side..come here *in igbo accent* Na ya do all this big big ekwenti.. Come teach me o. did you animate this character? are you based in Lag?
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by Dewze(m): 1:57am On Feb 23, 2013
"Child Of War".
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by darksider: 7:16am On Feb 23, 2013
@jidesp: grin grin grin yeap. we just finished a short film on dat. its about 10mins long check www.maverickstudiosng.com and am based in lagos.
grin grin u will c relatively enuf info on d site but still wrkin on the site sha.
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by jidesp(m): 10:45am On Feb 23, 2013
Mr man don't go all formal with me o. Lol. I just want to see how dis professional 3D project works. I look up ur website.
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by darksider: 12:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by jidesp(m): 2:40am On Feb 24, 2013
I made a modification. Wat do u fink. Spot d difference, dats if u noticed it sha o. Hehe

Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by darksider: 8:14am On Feb 24, 2013
easy, too obvious. the texture along d nose.
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by jidesp(m): 6:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
I got this painting from a friend today. Awesome!! I'm trying something crazy like this with macromedia fireworks. I'll post it soon. But now have a look at d image below

Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by jidesp(m): 3:53pm On Mar 09, 2013
I'm blank for, I haven't caught my Graphic inspiration for now. Lol. But I had a different inspriration, I was at Elegushi beach and, I head some guys conversation and how they spent money..so I put away my movies and write something our disoriented youth.

A SOBER REFLECTION – Jide Ikuyajolu

The lavish life of a Nigerian liability begins with a contemporary lifestyle too extravagant to contend with. An attitude embedded deep within the mind, only visible when aroused perhaps tempted. The orientation that was supposed to be our guide, now dissolved by the inhospitable administration of our government. Now we dream even in daylight, hoping that one day this misconception would be reversed perhaps to a better state.

This period, I grieve, and I'm taking a moment to think before I continue to write the agony I feel for the disoriented Nigerian youth.

The Nigerian youth are left with the crumbs of corruption that fell from the tables above them, now they linger in their heart, mind, causing an epidemic that mutates their perception. Only few are able to embrace this cruelty and desire change. The effect of this action, now reflect on the attitude of our youth. Low regard for opportunities, no value for information. Our course of livelihood now depends on deception, prostitution; the urge to have money at all cost never cease to grow root in their minds. This boomerang continues to manipulate their minds, leaving them unconscious and mentally disabled. Now new generations that emanates are a year better fraud than the next.

Economic indicators coupled with unabated corruption in the country do not flash signs of a healthy environment with the resources to fulfill the president’s promises. The most reasonable thing now is to keep Nigerians abreast of the challenges and tackle them. Anything else is deceit.

WHY?
The “18 years old” consideration makes no impression in Nigeria, no benefits, unfavorable salary plan, unemployment, unwanted pregnancies, poverty etc. These essential obligations are been ignored by the government, enrolling most youths to focus directly on any means of survival and while the government lack a proper agenda to care for the children of inexperienced mothers. The street becomes an open play ground initially, then latter, turns streets for bloodshed and canny thieves. The only Higher council our youth seek and be contented is to HOPE and have FAITH in God, although this seem an unrealistic resolution but our leaders leaves us no choice.

The stories of Nigerian legends are erased because the dead may yet be vindicated; now our motivated history hanged on a book shelf where it may never see the light of day. While the westerners pick our stories bit-by-bit, to put together our shattered pieces, the broken sons & daughters of Nigeria have grown without knowing the true story of our independence only to be left with a canny heart. The reference that inspires our misguided orientation drives us to an uncertain twist.

As long as our leaders continue to raise the bar, our youth will continue to be a liability, where none will be interested in being the leaders of tomorrow, but the destruction of tomorrow.

What a sober reflection.
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by jljunayd1: 8:48am On Mar 12, 2013
I dont care whehter d tittle is bad or not,well done for dis wonderful art piece,cos i knw what it means wit all d gradient,brush,blending,contrast,brush and all d wahala u had to go through in photoshop for dis nice one
Re: My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics by jidesp(m): 8:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
jl junayd: I dont care whehter d tittle is bad or not,well done for dis wonderful art piece,cos i knw what it means wit all d gradient,brush,blending,contrast,brush and all d wahala u had to go through in photoshop for dis nice one

Thanks bro. Apparently darkside. Thought otherwise. Lol. He is a joker. :d

(1) (Reply)

Call Now For Complimentary Cards And Flyers / Sony 14mm Lens Needed Urgently / Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.