Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? (18933 Views)

Oscar Pistorious To Go Back To Jail / Oscar Pistorious - Bail Hearing- Live Stream / Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by whealthy(m): 9:44am On Feb 20, 2013
The 26-year-old sprinter said in his defence that he had shot his girlfriend, 29-year-old Reeva Steenkamp, in a a rush of "terror" that she was an intruder. He said he only realised his tragic mistake when he backed away to his "pitch dark" bedroom and realised Ms Steenkamp was not in bed.
The prosecution, however, said that Mr Pistorius had "got up from the bed, put on his prosthetic legs, armed himself and walked seven metres to the bathroom" before firing four shots at Ms Steenkamp through the bathroom door.

Today, Mr Pistorius is fighting to be freed on bail pending the trial. Since he has been charged with premeditated murder, only "exceptional" circumstances will grant him bail.

If he is held on remand, he is likely to be sent to Pretoria Central Prison, which is notoriously overcrowded and violent. He will probably be stripped of his artificial legs, which could be viewed as potential weapons, and forced to use a wheelchair.

If found guilty at trial, Pistorius faces a life sentence.
What do you think? Premeditated murder or not?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 20, 2013
What a dismal-pismar...
His explanation is quite believable tho...

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by DIG1: 3:41pm On Feb 20, 2013
His excuse does not hold even a drop of water, he killed d lady on purpose.

11 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by FoxyRebirth(m): 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2013
I think he landed himself into the stuff... Is he a learner abi he did not see this picture.

He should be sent to the violent prison jor angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by wisestman(m): 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2013
to me i think its the most ridiculous explanation. he fired four shots thru d door. he didnt go to confirm if the person was dead but went back to bed. does dat make sense? why did he go back to bed? out of all d places thieves could pass thru it was the bathroom he/ she chose to break in...abeg its a PREMEDITATED MURDER period......

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by gramci: 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2013
Wasn't there so it will be difficult to explain what actually happened, so let the lawyers do their thing.
Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by slimpoppa(m): 3:45pm On Feb 20, 2013
Its nothing but premeditated murder.
He woke up, didn't bother to check the woman sleeping beside him, put on his prosthetic legs, armed himself and went towards the bathroom and fired four shots. He didn't also hear scream from the bathroom, went back to the room only for him to discover that the woman wasn't there. He's a POOR LIAR.
Witnesses testified they heard loud arguements followed by gunshots, loud scream and more shots seventeen minutes later.
He killed that woman intentionally. Forget!

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by MadCow1: 3:45pm On Feb 20, 2013

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by ritux: 3:46pm On Feb 20, 2013
If i am to believe what a witness said that she heard shouting coming from the apartment before the shoots, then i dont believe his explanations

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by gramci: 3:47pm On Feb 20, 2013
DIG1: His excuse does not hold even a drop of water, he killed d lady on purpose.

You weren't there, so don't jsut conclude

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by Akshow: 3:47pm On Feb 20, 2013
Ridiculous

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by ayobamisalami: 3:48pm On Feb 20, 2013
Why he did it still remain a mirage to me, why would a celebrated paralympic champion even remotely consider murder for whatever reason? sad
[color=#770077][/color]if you ask me, i just dont know what to say
Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by Bearshare(m): 3:48pm On Feb 20, 2013
What confuses me the most is how would you perceive your own gf to be a burglar? did he not consider the shape of the shadow? or what in heavens sake was he doing with a gun in the toilet?

abeg that guy took the gun there for some *yet to be confessed* crime.

Pristorius goes to Pretoria (what a rhyme) grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by Akshow: 3:49pm On Feb 20, 2013
Ridiculous! He freakin shot her four times

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by Andrew3(m): 3:49pm On Feb 20, 2013
Am a believer, I believe.
Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by tjdj: 3:50pm On Feb 20, 2013
Him for say na Gboko Haram him think say wan plant bomb for him bathroom,that sounds believable.....lol

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by juman(m): 3:51pm On Feb 20, 2013
Hmmm
Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by freecocoa(f): 3:51pm On Feb 20, 2013
As far as I'm concerned, his excuse doesn't make enough sense.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

-You got up to close window or whatever.

-Closed the window and was going back to bed then heard some noise.

-Went back to the room to get your gun.

-Went straight to the bathroom and fired 4 shots.

Now how can someone go to get his gun from the bed and not notice his girl wasn't there?

When he shot, didn't she shout or something?

I have too many questions but I don taya joor.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by emilyone(f): 3:51pm On Feb 20, 2013
his explanation doesn't just add up.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by Meeah: 3:54pm On Feb 20, 2013
He'll walk away with a slap on the wrist if his lawyers prove his case. He does have a case, I think.
Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by http(m): 3:54pm On Feb 20, 2013
Shaking head in disbelieve. shocked
Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 20, 2013
Sounds like he has an out-of-control temper. I wonder why people like this don't seek help.
They have so much to lose.
too bad he didn't realize he had a problem, first time he hurt another...
commit himself to get help, before it happened a 2nd. time.
acknowledge he had an "anger" issue...destructive at that.
very sad. embarassed

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by coogar: 3:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
his explanation makes loads of sense......
this is why he's likely to be bailed tomorrow when the court proceeds. he's disabled and he was without his prostheses when he got up in the night to close the windows. a man without his artificial legs who perceives there's an intruder in his house would feel vulnerable. getting his gun and shooting is very reasonable!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
In a heavily fortified estate and house? ON A VALENTINE'S DAY? And he shot her four times? Thinking it was an intruder? Even if the person was an intruder after all, Does it warrant shooting that person four times? Only one or two shots is enough to decapitate that person! [/b] Mr pistol or whatever you are called, try harder next tyme... We are not that stupid. Just tell us that the lady broke your heart or cheated on you and so you decided to take a premeditated action of taking her life on lover's day. You wanted to use Valentine's day as an alibi to cover up your murder... Shikenah!

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 20, 2013
. Oscar is just a born liar__how can he say he thought it was an intruder in the bathroom??He went to lock the windows,then went to his room to get a gun(where was reeva),the went straight to the bathroom and shot through the bathroom door 4 times?JUST LIKE THAT?___That guy must go to jail cos its very obvious that he killed reeva deliberately.
#OSCARgoesToPRETORIA
Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by SKIPCY(m): 3:57pm On Feb 20, 2013
In a murder trial the prosecutor has to prove two things. The act and the intention. The act has been established but what about the intent?...until the intent is established that man is innocent.in other words I believe his story.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 20, 2013
Mad Cow:

Not Funny... Try harder next tyme. Like my comment if you think that this gif is plain over used and dull! undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by alaoeri: 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
The guy murdered the girl joooor, his defence statement is weak.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by Artistree: 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
Me thinks the murder was premeditated cos I see no reason why he knew very well he had company(his gf) and couldn't even tell her there was someone in the house before firing those shots.
If eyewitnesses said there was a shouting match between them and then heard shots, then Pistorius has a case to answer!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? by MEILYN(m): 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
his neigbours came out to say dey were intense arguments in his house b4 d gunshot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Patrice Talon Wins Benin Presidential Election / U.S. Military Helicopter Crashes In Iraq On Thursday,  Killing 7 People On Board / US Marine 'planned Christmas Day Terror Attack On San Francisco'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.