Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Our Alarming Unemployment Growth And The Way Forward - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Our Alarming Unemployment Growth And The Way Forward (572 Views)

A Thread For Personal Development, Self Growth And Motivation! / Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? / Basic Medical Science In Nigeria - The Way Forward? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Alarming Unemployment Growth And The Way Forward by semochendo1(m): 2:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
The need for this clarion call is necessitated by the recent publication/report by the NIMC recruitment process,which reveals that over 158,000 applicants applied for a vacancy that needs less than 2000 people. This further reiterated the magnitude of unemployment growth in this country, and the signal it sends to every patriotic citizen like me is that the future of this nation is as good as bleak,if no efficacious amendment is not put in place curtail the looming apocalyptic calamity.

However,the applicants would have been more than that if not for network failure dt denied some pple. And instead of our Government to look into this alrming high unemployment growth,they are busy spending money on irrelevant projects.. I wonder what becomes of this country in year 2020!

While discussing this sadonic report with my uncle,he told me d country is heading toward USA,where you see graduates as gateman and casual labourers.. That our problem is that we'v put that degree so much into our psyche and we believe its our compass of navigation to success in life,which is absolutely not.

Now the fact is,if the Government fails in their responsibility to create jobs,does that warants you and I failing in our responsibility to our life and family? Absolutely NO! To be successful in this country as hard as it is,here are my tips:

1: You need to shelve your ego as a graduate,the certificate is not a function of your success but an ingredient of social and communal relevance and exposure, and also to make u do your things in a different way from others.

2: Look arround you and think of the service you can render and people pay for.. It could be private lesson,laundry services(you employ people to wash and you do the ironing/pressing or get somone paid too,but remember,the more people you engage doing these, the lesser u get) and so on..

My case is a true testimony,I finished my service last year feb,after service,I got marketing job with an insurance company,where I finished all I saved during service looking for clients. After five months of unreliable and inconsistent comission and salary,things get worse,so much that I couldn't afford a 100 naira recharge card,couldn't go to office because I had no transport fare among other challenges.

Thus,I opted out and began to market myself,guess what I started doing? Knocking from house to house,asking wether they have children they need private lesson for.. That's how my success story began,today I'm happily married with a son,and my wife managing our small company.. However,its noteworthy I tell you that neither myself nor my wife comes from a rich background.

Pls,for the benefit of the youngest ex copas in town,let's share our success story that comes out of our persona struggles,and perhaps,share more ideas on what people can lay their hands on without necessarily looking for a white collar job they might never get.

I implore the admin of this forum to please let this make the front page,so we all learn more,and may be,we save those who have tighed their certificates to a white collar job that's not avail. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Real? / Solving Problems In 6 Practical Steps / Cisco Best Track For Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.