Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:22 AM

"Love Like A Drama" - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / "Love Like A Drama" (501 Views)

Darey, Kim Kardashian, 2face, Waje, Dazzle At Love Like A Movie [in Pictures] / 2face, Psquare, Iceprince, Naeto C, For Darey’s “love: Like A Movie” Concert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Love Like A Drama" by ANYPEN(m): 4:05pm On Feb 20, 2013
The well talked about concert ‘Love Like A Movie’ by Dare Art Alade turned out to be ‘Love Like A Drama’ when the American superstar invited spent about 20sec. on stage (why? Probably because she had nothing to say), was unable to sit for the show (why? Obviously, she knew her level is far higher than that of those sitting there) and stayed less than 24hours in the country (why? Maybe she concluded the country is in mess from what she’s been hearing from the press) for whopping amount of half a million dollars (about #75,000,000 if my calculations are correct).

The first question that popped in my head was;
“Has Nigerian music grown to that height where an artist spends half a million dollar to invite a personality for a show? I mean, it use to be co-operate organizations like Nigerian Breweries that could afford this in the past. Then I realized some of these Nigerian artists spend even more to feature their American counterparts in tracks and I thought;
“what a waste of money” because personally, I’ve not found any of these featured American tracks more interesting or special.
OK, let’s assume and agree we’ve gotten to that level.

The second question;
“What was Dare Art Alade thinking?” I mean Kim Kardashian isn’t a musician neither is she a movie star and this is a lady with her integrity in the mud after that sex tape went viral…remember? Alade’s business mind didn’t balance his entertainment mind neither did it balance up with his sense of morality on this one.
Then I thought;
“who will suit Alade’s show if not Kim” I think Will will…Will Smith is a musician, a movie star, a loving family man and a personality with his integrity intact. He would have had more to say, sing and act.
Although the show was reported to be on e of it's kind and has a lot of "WOW!" in it but wasn't because of Kim.

The third question is a general one;
For how long will Africans be subjecting themselves under Europeans and Americans? To break into Hollywood or World music isn’t to pay huge amount of money or go begging, it is to be original in what you do and that directly means being creative with what is around you.
This is a country where people averagely live on less than $2 a day for God’s sake. Musicians like late Fela Anikulapo Kuti, King Sunny Ade, Chief Ebenezer Obey, Chief Ayinde Barrister, Lagbaja, Asa etc have their names on world music map not because they pay huge money to feature a foreigner or go begging with huge amount just to have their faces shown on concerts but because they were real and original in what they do.

I hope our thinking gets better even as we hope the country gets better soon. AMEN!

(1) (Reply)

Justin Bieber Dominates At American Music Awards / Jay-z Coming To Lagos Again In October 2013 / Id Cabasa Freestyle Competition - Introducing Dami Polo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.