Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) (918 Views)

What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra / Lifestyle Of Iranian President - A Lesson For Our Leaders / David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by UjSizzle(f): 12:51pm On Feb 23, 2013
It's general knowledge that the average Nigerian is a Jack of all trade.
Talk about sports, and we all become football analysts.
Fashion, and we are suddenly icons dictating who wore what right and who committed a crime of fashion.
Religion, and it becomes a battle of whose doctrine is the closest to what Christ teaches.
Medicine, and we're doctors without certificates overnight, diagnosing illnesses with our eyes and giving drug prescriptions tongue.

Politics. Everyone(or almost everyone) agrees those at the helm of affairs of our nations are making a mess of things. All i see in here is people complaining and cussing everyday without giving a single solution to the problems at hand. Or has the country gotten to a state that there's no longer a cure?

Think ruling a country is piece of cake? Lets see how well you can handle it.

So, my question...
Since we have a good number of political analysts and judgmental people here who claim to know better, please be kind enough to share what you will do differently if you are Mr. President??

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by Samyj247: 11:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
UjSizzle: It's general knowledge that the average Nigerian is a Jack of all trade.
Fashion, and we are suddenly icons dictating who wore what right and who committed a crime of fashion.
Religion, and it becomes a battle of whose doctrine is the closest to what Christ teaches.
Medicine, and we're doctors without certificates overnight, diagnosing illnesses with our eyes and giving drug prescriptions tongue.

Politics. Everyone(or almost everyone) agrees those at the helm of affairs of our nations are making a mess of things. All i see in here is people complaining and cussing everyday without giving a single solution to the problems at hand. Or has the country gotten to a state that there's no longer a cure?

So, my question...
Since we have a good number of political analysts and judgmental people here who claim to know better, please be kind enough to share what you will do differently if you are Mr. President??
Simple, I will marry you!!!
Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by richeso: 12:47am On Sep 12, 2014
Trust me them no go respond to this. They call president clueless yet they no fit talk for here
I have opened similar thread and was ignored.

When when it comes to unsult you see them.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by Octaves(m): 1:53am On Sep 12, 2014
I'm sure i would do 'somethings' better, handle somethings differently, no kidding! But overall, he's the best we've had in a while and i will be voting for him come 2015.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by davo3286: 1:57am On Sep 12, 2014
We, Nigerians, have a big problem. All we know best is how to complain about, curse and abuse, and criticize (without reasoning) almost everything, nothing more. Believe me, you will NEVER find them in topics like this. They are only interested in topics that put the goverment or a particular tribe in BAD light. This shows the type of people we have on NL. Most of them can't even chair a meeting or even be a class representative in their schools or lead their immediate families let alone a country. This is the type of topics that should be on front page but no it will nerver be because the Mods are not interested in any topic that doesn't divide Nigeria across ethnic/religious lines or abuse GEJ, PDP or APC.

Now, to your question. What I would do differently if I was the President, among other things, is ensure the total removal, if possible or reduce to the bearest minimum, all forms of discrimination amongst the various ethnic groups in Nigeria by removing from the constitution all clauses, phrases or statement that has to do with "State of Origin". This, i believe, is the cause of the many problems we have in this country. Because, according to Bob Marley, until the philosophy which holds one race (ethnic group) superior and another inferior, is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, there will never be peace.
Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by Caseless2: 8:30am On Sep 12, 2014
I will make sure i'm not as clueless and weak as gej.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by acorntree(m): 9:41am On Sep 12, 2014
Caseless2: I will make sure i'm not as clueless and weak as gej.
But ure still clueless for making this type of comment. The quetion is what will u do differently if u find urself in position of GEJ

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by acorntree(m): 9:48am On Sep 12, 2014
UjSizzle: It's general knowledge that the average Nigerian is a Jack of all trade.

So, my question...
its always easier to complain, condemn,castigate, curse than to profer solutions to problems. So don't take people by their words, its easier to talk, but to walk the talk is where the problem is.
Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by BlackTechnology: 10:17am On Sep 12, 2014

So, my question...

I created an ironical topic to see if they would contribute wisely.
My dear , they kept quiet.

Even one of them called caseless failed to list to me step by step how he would solve unemployment problem specifying the number of jobs each step will create if we have 20 million unemployed people.

To your question

I will secretly pay media houses to host economic programs, invite people to the programs to suggest new ways of solving rising unemployment per community/ LGA which is the greatest demand by Nigerians.
Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by CROWE: 10:25am On Sep 12, 2014
Take the American constitution, including the bill of rights and edit it accordingly accounting for the race relevant things and replace the Presidential system in it with Japanese Parliamentary system; Change Senators to state executive appointment subject to state legislative approval every second senator and make it a six year term. Include redistricting rules to prevent gerrymandering and presto - The perfect Modern day constitution.

All Nigerias problems are rooted in the constitution, change that and Nigeria will prosper and almost as if overnight.
Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by AZeD1(m): 10:39am On Sep 12, 2014
Mr president should realize his capabilities and know that there is no shame in accepting your limitations.
Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by davo3286: 10:45am On Sep 12, 2014
AZeD1: Mr president should realize his capabilities and know that there is no shame in accepting your limitations.

Little wonder you failed WAEC. Please answer the question asked.
Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by AZeD1(m): 11:02am On Sep 12, 2014
davo3286:

Little wonder you failed WAEC. Please answer the question asked.
Lol at failed waec. If you are educated, you'd have seen my answer to the question.
Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by Caseless2: 11:15am On Sep 12, 2014
acorntree: But ure still clueless for making this type of comment. The quetion is what will u do differently if u find urself in position of GEJ
if moving away from clueless and weak style of leadership does not mean doing something differently, then, I cant help u.
Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by CROWE: 11:19am On Sep 12, 2014
Caseless2: if moving away from clueless and weak style of leadership does not mean doing something differently, then, I cant help u.

He is right, just saying "I won't fail like you" or "I won't be stupid like you" doesn't inherently make you smarter. Your input was useless and did not advance the conversation any.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by davo3286: 11:42am On Sep 12, 2014
AZeD1:
Lol at failed waec. If you are educated, you'd have seen my answer to the question.

I still maintain...little wonder you failed WAEC. The question didn't ask you to advise GEJ. So, please go back, read the question, comprehend it by reading it one more time , take a few minute to gather your thoughts and then put down your answer. Thank you.
Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by Caseless2: 1:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
BlackTechnology:

I created an ironical topic to see if they would contribute wisely.
My dear , they kept quiet.

Even one of them called caseless failed to list to me step by step how he would solve unemployment problem specifying the number of jobs each step will create if we have 20 million unemployed people.

To your question

I will secretly pay media houses to host economic programs, invite people to the programs to suggest new ways of solving rising unemployment per community/ LGA which is the greatest demand by Nigerians.
i think i'v wasted so much time stating the obvious which are clear to everyone, a path that our gov't delibrately failed to toe and u stil couldn't get it. If u think i haven't given step-by-step drop down of how intend to achieve that, then u are not being fair to me.
I did state that 70% of Nigerians live in d rural areas; farming/agric being the major economic driving force in such areas... i suggest that if agric is put on the right scale with the right budget and programes, we wld have solved the problems of over 100million Nigerians, way, way highier than d 20million that's ur projection. Of course, this will take d pressure arising from rural-urban of the city centres. The population in d cities wil b spontaneously catered for when our economy is diversified and the needed infrastructure put in place to help SMEs that is everywhrer in nigeria.
I cant give an index analysis ryt now cos i'm on mobile, but when i get my laptop, we can talk extensively.
Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
davo3286: We, Nigerians, have a big problem. All we know best is how to complain about, curse and abuse, and criticize (without reasoning) almost everything, nothing more. Believe me, you will NEVER find them in topics like this. They are only interested in topics that put the goverment or a particular tribe in BAD light. This shows the type of people we have on NL. Most of them can't even chair a meeting or even be a class representative in their schools or lead their immediate families let alone a country. This is the type of topics that should be on front page but no it will nerver be because the Mods are not interested in any topic that doesn't divide Nigeria across ethnic/religious lines or abuse GEJ, PDP or APC.

Now, to your question. What I would do differently if I was the President, among other things, is ensure the total removal, if possible or reduce to the bearest minimum, all forms of discrimination amongst the various ethnic groups in Nigeria by removing from the constitution all clauses, phrases or statement that has to do with "State of Origin". This, i believe, is the cause of the many problems we have in this country. Because, according to Bob Marley, until the philosophy which holds one race (ethnic group) superior and another inferior, is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, there will never be peace.
STFU, State of Origin REMAINS till ETERNITY...

Be proud of wherever you are from and stop eying another man's land. I know where you are from and I know where you are going...

Dead on Arrival
Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
UjSizzle: [s]It's general knowledge that the average Nigerian is a Jack of all trade.

So, my question...
Since we have a good number of political analysts and judgmental people here who claim to know better, please be kind enough to share what you will do differently if you are Mr. President?? [/s]
What a silly question. Honestly, this makes no sense!!! Everyone knows his/her ability and where his/her skills lies. That The Clueless one in Aso Rock is a Failure is one thing, but the honorable thing to do is to step down rather than seek to plunge the country into further misery. With such a mentality like your no society will ever move forward. No wonder Mr. President retrogress from failure to mockery
Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by boyt1: 1:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
I will ask sss and seun to arrest The OP for posting the same boring question over and over
Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by Caseless2: 6:01am On Sep 13, 2014
CROWE:

He is right, just saying "I won't fail like you" or "I won't be stupid like you" doesn't inherently make you smarter. Your input was useless and did not advance the conversation any.
no wonder this thread is growing; it is becos of ppl like u.
Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by musaajebor(m): 6:07am On Sep 13, 2014
if i were d president of Nigeria i will make sure gej serves nothing less dan 10 years for setting the nation 6years aback and attempting to go for another four yrs.
infact jugde give him 18 yrs baskat
Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by poiZon: 7:46am On Sep 13, 2014
somany needs to be done and it can be achievable when and if you truly have the citizens at heart.
first i will use my veto power and make a bill to the house concerning corruption. any public official found wanting will be jailed, minimum being 30yrs.
secondly, will cut down on government structures, number of SAs ANd ministers. in place of these will work with staffs of those minisries and agencies cause they are sound when it comes to their area of specialty.
MAke laws that will encourage states to become independent in their dealings, indirectly usherng in fiscal federalism. each state will generate their power, maintain their roads and augment on government security on their communities
if pib isnt pass, will make nigerians knw d best way foward is to privatize nnpc. dpr will be be merged with a ministry that will supervise the dealings of the petroleum sector incase of misappriopriation.
these are but a few that can skydive nigeria from 18th century we r to 21st century.
Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 13, 2014
I will make sure Nigeria becomes broke.
Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by davo3286: 10:16am On Sep 13, 2014
[s]
whatlyf: STFU, State of Origin REMAINS till ETERNITY...

Be proud of wherever you are from and stop eying another man's land. I know where you are from and I know where you are going...

Dead on Arrival
[/s]

Very poor! Pls go back and repeat your homework, kid. And make sure you answer the question correctly this time. Okay?!
Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by Toble: 12:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
1. Health- I will ensure within the four(4) year tenure create good standard facilities and lay embargo on flying out for medical treatment start with the president. With that, qualified Nigerian doctors abroad can come home as well as the one home can work together to bolster the health sector.

2.Transportation- creation of inter-state rail system and within the state to ease transportation and reduce traffic on the road. Therefore increasing tax payments for car users to reduce the number of cars that ply the road daily.

3. Corruption- This is the main destroyer, killer of the country called NIGERIA. There will be a cut on allowances of every public office holders. Merge EFCC/ICPC to fight corruption and anyone caught stealing or siphoning of public funds will be sentence to minimum of fifteen(15) years in jail.

4.Unemployment- To tackle unemployment, our education has to be fortified with equipments,facilities and enabling environment for learning. Ministy of Education et al will look into the sector and jettison irrelevant courses in our institutions, also creation of a board that will be responsible for continous payment of unemployed graduate till he/she get a job. A database will be created and with the advent of e-IDcard, there is a unique NIN for each individual to ease and engender the process. Etc.

5. Power- will transform the power sector, increase the MW and ensure each state can boast of atleast 10hours of electricity as this will take years to stabilize and have uninterrupted power supply.
Re: What Will You Do Differently If You Are Mr. President? (A Question For Nigeians) by oliidell(m): 11:04am On Sep 16, 2014
whatlyf: What a silly question. Honestly, this makes no sense!!! Everyone knows his/her ability and where his/her skills lies. That The Clueless one in Aso Rock is a Failure is one thing, but the honorable thing to do is to step down rather than seek to plunge the country into further misery. With such a mentality like your no society will ever move forward. No wonder Mr. President retrogress from failure to mockery

Iv been trying without success to reconcile your comment with the original post. There is absolutely nothing silly about that question and your reply is completely off-key. If you did not understand it, you could have asked someone to interprete it in your dialect. How dare you taint this beautifully crafted post with the cut & join grammar I just quoted above?? Substance abuse and intelligent conversation sure don't mix.

Back to ur question o jare; I'll do the following in this order:

Anti-Terrorism:
I'll deploy all necessary resources to manage the present scourge with the hope of freeing the abducted girls.

I'll fish out all the moles and disgruntled elements within the country's security system and adequately empower the armed forces.

Security:
I'l personally ensure that the country's land and coastal boundaries are properly delineated and protected. This would be done in conjunction with the National Boundary Commission, all the boundary states and the affected countries.

I'll revisit the National identity card scheme and ensure that evry citizen is accounted for.

I'l ensure judicious use of billions of naira embezzled as security votes by mandating all governors to put a viable security system in place and account for unspent funds.

I'l gradually but totally overhaul the present Police force and build a new and disciplined one.

Corruption:
I'll place everyone-myself inclusive on normal public service salary scale, scrap allowances, repeal the immunity clause and make the anti-graft agencies autonomous.

I'll restructure the electoral system and ensure that votes count.

I'll bring all who have embezzled public funds in the past to book and make looting and many other offences punishable by Life imprisonment.

Economy:
As we all alredy know that the energy sector (Petroleum and Natural Gas) is our major source of income. So I'll build refineries and Gas plants. Stop exporting crude and start exporting refined products and LPG.

I'll use the proceeds to develop potentially vibrant sectors like; Education, Agriculture (with focus on food and biofuel production), Tourism and Sports

I'll harness all d abundant but wasting power-generating resources (Natural gas, Hydro, Seismic, Coal, Wind, Organic waste etc) and ensure the generation of more than enough Megawatts.

I'll invest in institutions of higher learning, Hospitals, Military intelligence etc and bring them to international standard.

**This way, Nigeria can export Power, Energy, Intelligence/Security, Human resources etc

Welfare:
This is coming last, not because it is the least important but rather because it cant be fully addressed until most of the above factors are in place;

I'll develop most of the rural areas with recovered funds and foreign aids to evenly spread the population and discourage rural-urban migration.

I already stated that I'll rejuvenate the agricultural sector to put affordable food on the table.

I'll ensure that the average Nigerian Family can afford a home through the National Housing Scheme

I'll ensure affordable healthcare through the National Health Insurance Scheme

I'll ensure that the Nigerian Pension Commission is functioning at optimal capacity etc etc.

Easier said, I know, but it's not beyond us as a Nation. A step in the right direction will go a long way.

(1) (Reply)

. / IG Orders Arrest Of Policemen In Camouflage ! / Nigerians Condemn ACN Over Insensitivity On National Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.