Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law (29340 Views)

House Wife Caught Making Love To Gate Man On Her Matrimonial Bed(photo) / A Depressed House Wife Needs Urgent Advice / Would You Prefer Your Wife To Be A House Wife Or A Working Class Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by Truckpusher(m): 1:27pm On Feb 23, 2013
Tragedy struck Wednesday evening at Angwar Baba area of New Nyanya, Nassarawa State, when a 24-year-old mother of two, Esther Opara was allegedly stabbed to death by her mother in-law.

The deceased hailed from Enugu State while her mother-in-law is from Umuopara, Umuahia, Abia State.
The deceased’s aunt, Mrs. Faith Okpudo, told our reporter that while at Kano, she received a call from her elder sister Wednesday night that her niece has been stabbed to death by her mother-in-law after arguments over photographs.

She said she was informed that the mother-in-law took some of her personal photographs and that she demanded to have them back, to which she refused.

Mrs Okpudo said her late niece was said to have asked her husband to tell his mother to hand over her personal photographs to her, but the husband
was alleged to have sided with his mother, insisting that the mother should have the photographs.

“We were told that she started quarrelling with her husband for not supporting her. She cried and entered the room, packing her things but her mother in-law allegedly came from behind and stabbed her on the stomach twice.

When she removed the knife from her stomach, her intestines came out with the knife. The mother-in-law was said to have run out of the house and the husband ran after her but returned to the wife when her cry was too much,’’ she narrated.

She said a neighbour assisted the husband to rush the victim to the hospital where she was confirmed dead.
The deceased’s husband, Chinedu Opara, who works at Kuchiko Masaka, said his wife reported to him that his mother had taken all her pictures but he told her to ignore her.

He said his mother had been with them since he married his late wife and they had not been enjoying peace.
“When I told my wife to ignore her, she entered the room but the next thing I heard was a cry. I entered the room immediately I heard that noise and I saw my mother with a knife and blood stains. I looked at the floor and saw my wife’s intestine outside her stomach,’’ he said.

He said his mother ran away after the incident, adding that he initially pursued her but returned back because of the condition of his wife and the cries of the children.

The husband said his mother had never been nice to his late wife since they got married, adding that they had been married for four years and blessed with two girls, Chinelo and Sharon.

Father of the deceased, Cosmos Anyanwu, said his late daughter had on several occasions complained of threat to her life and that on three occasions, he had brought her back to his house but her husband kept begging him.
The deceased’s mother, Mrs. Loritta Anyanwu, appealed to the police to produce the woman who killed her daughter.

‘’Police should ensure justice by arresting and prosecuting the woman who snuffed life out of my daughter and ran away,” she pleaded.
Sergent Aiki Tahiru; the Investigation Police Officer in charge of the case at New Nyanya police division, said the police are still investigating the cause of the death and that the woman is presently at large.
“We need the general public to help us with the information that could lead to the arrest of the suspect,’’ he said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/city-news/51164-house-wife-stabbed-to-death-by-mother-in-law-at-new-nyanya
Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 23, 2013
I swear, wives don suffer this year, so so stab dem dey get from their husbands and mother in law.

2 Likes

Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 23, 2013
Oya oh, now that she has been stabbed to death, I await the "curses" on the Mother and her Husband.
Meanwhile had she come here for advice on the mother in laws excesses, she would have been told "endure" , "pick your battles wisely", "don't stand up for yourself against your mother in law, its not African Culture, if you do so be ready to loose your home" "those asking you to stand up for yourself are not being realistic"

The Husband sat and watched for years and after 2 kids his mother torment his wife and couldn't tell her enough.

Anyway, I am no longer suprised.
Let us wait for the mothers side of the story ko

37 Likes

Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by pastie(m): 2:22pm On Feb 23, 2013
Wish her quick recovery cry

1 Like

Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by StateOfMind: 2:25pm On Feb 23, 2013
So many wives and girlfriends have suffered this month sad

What a wicked mother-inlaw.

What a weak husband..

2 Likes

Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 23, 2013
debrief08: Oya oh, now that she has been stabbed to death, I await the "curses" on the Mother and her Husband.
Meanwhile had she come here for advice on the mother in laws excesses, she would have been told "endure" , "pick your battles wisely", "don't stand up for yourself against your mother in law, its not African Culture, if you do so be ready to loose your home" "those asking you to stand up for yourself are not being realistic"

The Husband sat and watched for years and after 2 kids his mother torment his wife and couldn't tell her enough.

Anyway, I am no longer suprised.
Let us wait for the mothers side of the story ko

SMH

1 Like

Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by chymystique(f): 2:54pm On Feb 23, 2013
Dis is Wickedness @ ets Peak!!.... I wnt b Suprised if I hear d mother inlaw is PosseSsed
Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by SisiKill1: 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
Possessed with what??!!

Like one needs to be possessed with anything to do evil in a country where you can get away with it.

MIL knew she could get away with treating her daughter in law like shite and nada will happen. Apart from it being her right.. .after all, a whole of her son deigned to marry the girl, where is the girl gonna run to? Will she dare abandon her matrimonial home? Ah She should even be happy she has a mother in law to torment her... it means she's married, yes? Does she not know how many women are praying to be in her shoes? Shooooo!!

@ Topic
Only God knows how many things her husband told her to ignore over the years. If his mom was just visiting. ..the ignore nonsense might work but with living together. . .the poor girl must have been at the end of her tether.

I honestly don't get why people think being married means one can't feel anymore. All of a sudden things and behavior which irritated you when you were single are supposed to be acceptable because you are now married??!!

If I don't like people taking my things before marriage, I sure as hell am not gonna find it acceptable because I have said I DO to someone. So all that ignore it crapola is something I have never understood. How do people do it??

12 Likes

Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by greatgod2012(f): 3:23pm On Feb 23, 2013
This is what we are saying, when you sense physical abuse, report d abuser and run for your life,.........life is always better than marriage, when there is life, there is hope, now that there is no life nko........i detest divorce, but when it comes to abuse, im 100% supportive of it, because, even me, im allegic to abuse and i cant advise anybody to endure abuse........had it been d woman had refused to live with this woman now, she would probably still be alive.....what a wicked MIL, what an height of jealousy, because, i believe, she was jealous of her DIL.
To d hubby, hes a very weak man, he knew they have not been knowing peace since his mum has been living with them, yet, refused to do something drastic about d matter until his mum kill his wife.........."boda ode"
well, may d dead rest in peace and her spirit torment d perpetrator (if possible).

5 Likes

Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by Mrsmansson(f): 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2013
When will this ever stop.why would some mothers be living with their married son or daughter.am sick abeg

4 Likes

Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 23, 2013

2 Likes

Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 23, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1119599/mother-inlaw-scolds-pls-advice
Let us remember this thread oh and how it is "African" to accept all sorts from almighty mother in law, God forbid that she stand up to the bully of a mother in law.
Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by allout: 4:08pm On Feb 23, 2013
pastie: Wish her quick recovery cry

Who are you wishing quick recovery The deceased? The MIL? The husband? grin

Nigerians are always breaking new frontiers in horrible things, how can MIL stab DIL to death? undecided

2 Likes

Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 23, 2013

5 Likes

Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by allout: 4:21pm On Feb 23, 2013
Guys should play an active role in this. Don't marry outta pity, cos its when you really don't give a damn that you'd let any being ride rough-shod over your wife. For those of us from close knit families, the guy should learn to draw the line, if your folks notice that you don't approve of them maltreating your spouse, they'll back down.

LADIES, LADIES, LADIES how many times I call ona? Don't cry wolf all the time simply because you can't stand your MIL ooooh! If you must cry wolf to ur hubby let it be genuine, it makes dude job easier cos it ain' easy going against the family you've known from birth to protect wifey!

No one will harass my wife ooooh! angry

4 Likes

Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by SisiKill1: 4:27pm On Feb 23, 2013
debrief08: https://www.nairaland.com/1119599/mother-inlaw-scolds-pls-advice
Let us remember this thread oh and how it is "African" to accept all sorts from almighty mother in law, God forbid that she stand up to the bully of a mother in law.

Thank you for bringing this up.

One needn't have been a fly on the walls of Esther's home to know she must have been told 99.9% (and I am being conservative) of the "enduring" advice on that thread.
Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by pastie(m): 4:33pm On Feb 23, 2013
all-out:

Who are you wishing quick recovery The deceased? The MIL? The husband? grin

Nigerians are always breaking new frontiers in horrible things, how can MIL stab DIL to death? undecided
The MIL now grin
Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 23, 2013
Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
Sisi, stop putting your head in the sand.
Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by slimyem: 4:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
Hmmn..
The dead is dead and gone..undecided
The ones still alive had better learn a thing or two and flee if they have toundecided
A word is not just enough for the wise these days.It has gone a step further with stories of violence and the sorry outcomes that aboundundecidedcool
If the stories are not enough,I wonder what would be...
Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by damiso(f): 4:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
chaircover:

I think its high time that a law is passed that no one lives with a married couple for the first 3 years of marriage.

I agree. sad.Its just better for everyone involved cos even the couple even if they courted for a gazillion years(except they had been co-habitting) are still trying to get their heads round someone always being in your face and personal space,add an in law who might be cantekerous=recipe for disaster.I think it should be avoided where possible.

1 Like

Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by EfemenaXY: 5:16pm On Feb 23, 2013
CC, forget the 3 year thingy!

I don't, never have, and NEVER would let my inlaws live in my matrimonial home!

So why the frigging hell would I subject my beautiful, precious angel of a daughter to such crap??!!

Debrief, Sisi & Damiso: d'you wanna know who I blame for the poor woman's demise? Not the wimp of a husband, nor the evil witch of a MIL...No.

I blame that lady's parents, moreso her mother! Their daughter ran back "home" to them, not once, not twice but 3 frigging times!! Only for what?? To be sent back to the lion's den. Probably with some Nollywood advice to fast-and-bear her cross.

What sane mother would value marriage over the physical, emotional well being and even SAFETY of their child??

Tufiakwa!! Lemme see whose gonna stop me from marching right in there and removing my beautiful, precious angel from a hell hole of a marriage! Dem never born them.

Anyway sha, such evil shall never be my lot, nor the lot of my flesh & blood.

13 Likes

Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 23, 2013
I think the bigger issue here is still the I must be married by force culture. That is still the underlying reason why the woman didn't throw the MIL out of her house. The fear of her husband throwing her out would not allow her. Also because of the 'I must be Mrs by force' she kept coming back to the home after moving out even though the situation was unchanged.

5 Likes

Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
Another sad story. Women dey suffer no be small oh. I don't want to blame the dead cos its too late. But a woman with a weak willed husband ought to know she's her own CSO nah. I had inlaw issues in d early part of marriage but I stood my ground firmly. God also ensured I lacked nothing so no one could threathen me with anything. Today, there is mutual respect because every BS thrown at me was returned to sender ASAP. I am now treated with respect and my individuality respected as against their earlier wishes of "slave iyawo" mentality. Lesson is this, what you won't accept in your marriage must be clearly. Shown to your hubby and inlaw in the first weeks of marriage. Don't endure before you start fighting back. Sad indeed, may her soul RIP.

6 Likes

Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 23, 2013
debrief08: https://www.nairaland.com/1119599/mother-inlaw-scolds-pls-advice

And what's your point? Oh she didn't fight for herself / throw the MIL out earlier ? And how's she supposed to do that with a mumu hubby? Oh walk away?

Yeah yeah .... we don hear you , did you know the whole story yet? smh.
Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 23, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I blame that lady's parents, moreso her mother! Their daughter ran back "home" to them, not once, not twice but 3 frigging times!! Only for what?? To be sent back to the lion's den. Probably with some Nollywood advice to fast-and-bear her cross.

What sane mother would value marriage over the physical, emotional well being and even SAFETY of their child??

The girl's father tried small sha because he's the one that went to take her from the husband's house 3 times. But then they fell for the husband's begging too much. They should have insisted their daughter should not go back till the MIL was out of the house!

Father of the deceased, Cosmos Anyanwu, said his late daughter had on several occasions complained of threat to her life and that on three occasions, he had brought her back to his house but her husband kept begging him.

I really have to put blame on the woman too. She complained of threat to her life!!! And she kept going back there!!! Say what?!!!!

You're absolutely right though Efe, my mom would have wasted no time getting a stat transatlantic flight to come and tow her child away sharp sharp. What rubbish!

1 Like

Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 23, 2013
Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by greatgod2012(f): 5:32pm On Feb 23, 2013
chaircover:

I think its high time that a law is passed that no one lives with a married couple for the first 3 years of marriage.

when we were doing our premarital counselling, we were counselled not to allow any third party to live with us for d first 5 years of our marriage, and it works for us.......

2 Likes

Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
greatgod2012:

when we were doing our premarital counselling, we were counselled not to allow any third party to live with us for d first 5 years of our marriage, and it works for us.......

Only jobless and illiterate [b]third party [/b]will resort to mooching and doing busy body in somebody else's matrimonial home.

3 Likes

Re: House Wife Stabbed To Death By Mother-In-law by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 23, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Husband Raped My Niece —wife / Mother Of Triplets To Hubby: Please Come Back Home (Photo) / After 9 Years Of Trying My Wife Finally Gave Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.