Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,272 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

UFO In Nigeria? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / UFO In Nigeria? (3365 Views)

Panic As UFO Hovers Round Maiduguri Skies,wednesday Evening / 10 Insane UFO Theories(unbelievable) / Many UFO Researchers Die Under Mysterious Circumstances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UFO In Nigeria? by ayd91(m): 5:13pm On Feb 23, 2013
In Nigeria mysterious event are often given spiritual interpretations. A close relative recently encountered what the foreign media would describe as a UFO (unidentified Flying Object), he saw an object descending slowly from the sky at night, the object was bright as a star, probably the size of a 25liter keg, the object's light went out seconds after landing.
He didn't talk about it in the morning fearing it was probably an illusion, however he saw same the following night and another relative confirmed seeing a light flashing brightly around the reported time. (note: there wasn't light then and its impossible for a car's light to have penetrated from that angle).
He didn't snap the object as he was terrified and the last thing on his mind was his phone.
Click this link for other strange sightings and please share yours if you've seen any.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_reported_UFO_sightings?seg=1
Re: UFO In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 23, 2013
My dad reported seeing something much stranger more than 50 years ago. Infact the whole village saw it, somewhere around Ilesha around the 1950's

1 Like

Re: UFO In Nigeria? by ayd91(m): 10:38pm On Feb 25, 2013
Man, that's pretty interesting. I guess this sightings aren't so popular in Nigeria.
Makes me wonder if we hardly pay attention to the sky or the sightings are more common in the western world.
Re: UFO In Nigeria? by mrvictor: 9:06pm On Mar 03, 2013
I believe it was a comet you saw. I have seen such twice. 1st was in May 11, 1996. It was about 8 o'clock in the night, I was sitting out gisting with friend, when we witnessed it. We were scared, we didn't know what it was. The next day, while listening to BBC, I heard news about the same flying object which was witnessed by people in different parts of the world. They called it "comet". I had to research it and finally, I got a better understanding of that "flying object" was. Again in 2009, I witnessed another one but this time with a better understanding of what it was.

It is a very good experience...a very rare experience/ rare occurrence... because not everyone will see this in their lifetime.
I suggest you research "comet". Google it, check other materials. You will know better.

1 Like

Re: UFO In Nigeria? by ayd91(m): 6:10pm On Mar 13, 2013
@mrvictor Trust me, that was no comet. I've always been a freak for astrology and those characteristics aren't similar to those possessed by comets. Nice try though. And i am sure your sighting must have been cool. Did you get any photos?
Re: UFO In Nigeria? by quintet: 4:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
Me and a friend witnessed something very strange in the night sky this was during my time in Nigeria in 2004 in Adamawa state to be exact. I woke up around 3:15 am to start the gen cos of the usual power cuts when I came out side I realized the whole town was in complete black out which is unusual cos theres always some district that has light, my house help guy told me not to worry as he would man the generator so me and my friend waited outside on the varander as it was too hot inside, as we waited I noticed my friend staring into the far distance over the top of the house he called my attention and said he could see something in the sky I stood up and saw nine floresent glowing balls of light in the far distance they flew in a delta or Vee formation at first I thought it was some kind of aircraft but as it few closer n closer it was evident this was no fxxxing air craft this thing or things where huge and the most scary thing is they didnt make a sound no a single sound they glided silently across the sky banked sightly to left and slowly headed towards the horizon we watched until they disappered over the horizon towards the Mandara mountain ranges.
Im now a firm believer in the presence of aliens Lol just as a Cat knows a Dog is not a Cat so I know that thing was not of Man's creation.

1 Like

Re: UFO In Nigeria? by ayd91(m): 10:25pm On Jun 14, 2013
quintet: Me and a friend witnessed something very strange in the night sky this was during my time in Nigeria in 2004 in Adamawa state to be exact. I woke up around 3:15 am to start the gen cos of the usual power cuts when I came out side I realized the whole town was in complete black out which is unusual cos theres always some district that has light, my house help guy told me not to worry as he would man the generator so me and my friend waited outside on the varander as it was too hot inside, as we waited I noticed my friend staring into the far distance over the top of the house he called my attention and said he could see something in the sky I stood up and saw nine floresent glowing balls of light in the far distance they flew in a delta or Vee formation at first I thought it was some kind of aircraft but as it few closer n closer it was evident this was no fxxxing air craft this thing or things where huge and the most scary thing is they didnt make a sound no a single sound they glided silently across the sky banked sightly to left and slowly headed towards the horizon we watched until they disappered over the horizon towards the Mandara mountain ranges.
Im now a firm believer in the presence of aliens Lol just as a Cat knows a Dog is not a Cat so I know that thing was not of Man's creation.

hmmm that must have been really scary and marvelous at the same time.
At time i don't know which is better, the hide and seek approach or the full disclosure of their presence. Either way its unphantomable.
Re: UFO In Nigeria? by emmanuelchux(m): 10:23am On Oct 01, 2019
So many evidence abounds these days that we're not alone in the universe. I remember one incident while growing up in Aba, Abia State. This should be around 1994 or 1995. My mum sent us home at night around 10-11pm because she was still at the shop selling food with the other sales girls.

I was about 8 or 9years old hence my vivid recollection but that night is imbedded in my memory forever. As we walked home, there was this very bright red light hovering right above in the sky. No sound to suggest it's an airplane. Like a police siren light but only the red part. The light was so bright we could literally see our shadows and that of trees moving on the floor meaning the lighty object was moving. We were scared to our bones.

When we got home, we could hear people in the neighborhood and far off neighbourhoods screaming as the light got to there own area. Our house is a two storey building so we stood at the varandar/balcony and watch the light fade into the horizon.

We are not alone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UFO In Nigeria? by EmperorHarry: 1:17pm On Oct 01, 2019
emmanuelchux:
So many evidence abounds these days that we're not alone in the universe. I remember one incident while growing up in Aba, Abia State. This should be around 1994 or 1995. My mum sent us home at night around 10-11pm because she was still at the shop selling food with the other sales girls.

I was about 8 or 9years old hence my vivid recollection but that night is imbedded in my memory forever. As we walked home, there was this very bright red light hovering right above in the sky. No sound to suggest it's an airplane. Like a police siren light but only the red part. The light was so bright we could literally see our shadows and that of trees moving on the floor meaning the lighty object was moving. We were scared to our bones.

When we got home, we could hear people in the neighborhood and far off neighbourhoods screaming as the light got to there own area. Our house is a two storey building so we stood at the varandar/balcony and watch the light fade into the horizon.

We are not alone.
If this is a true and actual experience, then you'd witnessed something truly amazing.Was it like a lantern from a distance kinda bright or like a vehicle headlight from a distance kinda bright? Cos I experienced the former but it was moving in a straight line.It could have been one of them space rocks tho(from my experience)

(1) (Reply)

Auroras / Nokia X2-o1 Received Jar Application / Nuclear Spaceships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.